Russian NT 2015

• Setters: Sergey Antipkin - Alexander Butko - Sergey Grankin - Igor Kolodinsky

Opposittes: Nikolay Pavlov - Maxim Mikhaylov - Pavel Kruglov - Pavel Moroz

Outside Hitters: Sergey Savin - Sergey Tetyukhin - Alexey Spiridonov - Denis Biryukov - Dmitriy Ilinykh - Evgeniy Sivozhelez - Alexandr Markin

Middle Blockers: Alexandr Abrosimov - Andrey Ashchev - Artem Volvich - Ilya Vlasov - Dmitriy Muserskiy - Artem Smolyar

Líberos: Roman Bragin - Roman Martynyuk - Alexey Obmochaev - Alexey Verbov

source: https://www.facebook.com/volle…067357415/?type=1&fref=nf

• You forgot Pavel Moroz (OP) and Alexandr Markin (OH) :wavy:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• I thought Tektukyin retired from NT

Artem Vol′vič? he was poor for Loko, so was Abrosimov. Russia doesn't have any other MB's?

Dmitriy Ilinykh? who hasn't played too much this year due to injury and still isn't back on form?

• I thought Tektukyin retired from NT

Artem Vol′vič? he was poor for Loko, so was Abrosimov. Russia doesn't have any other MB's?

Dmitriy Ilinykh? who hasn't played too much this year due to injury and still isn't back on form?

Well, it's official roster for World League 2015 ^^
    other MBs could be Nikolay Apalikov (quite useless), Alexander Volkov (shouldn't be overused because of his health), Alexey Ostapenko (nothing special...) or Dmitriy Scherbinin (decent blocker, but also nothing special)
    I don't know who can be other OHs, Mikhaylov or Kruglov can pass if necessary...

edit: maybe Yuriy Berezhko can help ^^

Edited once, last by kondzio ().

• I guess Russia needs to develop more MB's then....can't only rely on Musersky

Berezhko has been doing well for Moscow as of late. He has put Markin on the bench, which I like because Markin at times did poorly especially against the big teams.

Pavlov shouldn't be there either, he is no way match shape, he was injured for most of the Russian Championship.

• I guess Russia needs to develop more MB's then....can't only rely on Musersky

Berezhko has been doing well for Moscow as of late. He has put Markin on the bench, which I like because Markin at times did poorly especially against the big teams.

Oh, I forgot about Yuriy Berezhko, he had some decent games in the past :D

• Tetyukhin? Really? Is he that bored during the summer? Berezhko wouldn't be the first on my alternative list, I would rather give place to Alexey Rodichev, Gazprom-Ugra's OH. He has been enjoying a great season. There were also chances for Dmitriy Krasikov (he is in shape) or either of Yugra-Samotlor's OH couple Kaprukhov/Leontiev. As for the lack of middles, perhaps the league's best blocker Mihail Shterbakov from Kuzbass could've been there.

• More importantly, is Voronkov going to stay? I thought a coach's change would be made for the new season, but haven't heard a thing...

• IF Tetyukhin plays, it is going to be just on final phase, but i don't get why people dislike his call, he is for sure the most complete OH of Russia, the problem is the second OH. Russia has several good players on this position, but none of them is among the best in this position, Voronkov need to find out what is the best duo to suceed, hope Klyuka ( if he is avaiable to play for Russia ) and D. Volkov can gain some experience on European Games for example to be on the list in a near future. The same problem happens in MB, Vlasov and Volvich can just attack, and the others disappears against top MB, but i'm glad to see Apalikov out ( even if it is due to healthy problems ) and to see Obmochaev and Martynyuk as well on the list, they deserve it.

And Kruglov deserve another chance as starter, he is doing better than Mikhaylov

• IF Tetyukhin plays, it is going to be just on final phase, but i don't get why people dislike his call, he is for sure the most complete OH of Russia,

The fact that he is still needed probably says something about russian problems on this position. Imo, Tetyukhin is an "all time great" and i would wish, that once he is finishing career people rather say "oh, how sad" than " uff, finally...".

IF Tetyukhin plays, it is going to be just on final phase, but i don't
    get why people dislike his call, he is for sure the most complete OH of
    Russia, the problem is the second OH

It isn't a dislike for the call. He had said he was retiring from NT after he won the Olympics. If you read the interview with someone from Russian Volleyball Association, they said something like it will be Tetyukin's choice if he wants to come back but they discussed beforehand about putting him on the list. He didn't have the greatest of seasons but he did well. If he is still Russia's most complete OH at 37 years old, Russia has a problem. He can stay but they need to start incorporating more youth.

I have far more issues with some of the calls than Tetyukin especially of players who haven't played much this year because of injury or players who were just plain bad this year.

• One can only admire the spirit ot Tetyikhin and the way he plays volleyball at this age. The younger lads can learn from him.

• Well, I never got the drama about OHs in Russia. True, they might not be as spectacular as the ones we used to see before, but this current generation and the next one have won quite some trophies already, I don't see where the problems of picking up the right OHs lie. There is absolutely no issue watching Tetyukhin during the summer for another year or two. But I expect him to keep his word and retire as an Olympic champion, or eventually be there to mentor the younger players at most. I would surely also use Khtey, but he hasn't had a complete season. Maybe he wants to get some rest or maybe he was just given some time to recover, who knows. Back to the initial "problem". You would probably say that a group consisting of Biryukov, Sivozhelez, Ilinykh and Spiridonov is weaker than, let's say, Tetyukhin, Shulepov, Abramov, Khtey. I just don't agree that they are weaker or that they have won less. You just need a smart coach and there you go - he has a huge chance of winning a tournament with both selections. It's a totally different problem whom to select for a WL list, I agree about Markin and I have never been a fan of Sergey Savin, I stated my alternative choices already.

• Big drama for nothing, everything is clear

Мировая лига-2015. Заявка сборной России
    Сегодня ФИВБ утвердила заявку мужской сборной России (главный тренер – Андрей Воронков) на Мировую Лигу-2015. В списке – 25 волейболистов.

This list above is for World league, not World Cup or ECH. So those 25 players will be used in World league which is the least important competition this summer because World Cup and ECH is far more important

• No one is making drama out of it. We all knew it was for the World League, which is exactly why he should have called up some others who aren't injured or played so poorly during the season and there isn't really a need to Tetyukin there either. If he wants to use him, he could call him up for Ech.

Majority of the players on this list, will also be on the other two lists as well.

• Well, I never got the drama about OHs in Russia. True, they might not be as spectacular as the ones we used to see before, but this current generation and the next one have won quite some trophies already, I don't see where the problems of picking up the right OHs lie. There is absolutely no issue watching Tetyukhin during the summer for another year or two. But I expect him to keep his word and retire as an Olympic champion, or eventually be there to mentor the younger players at most. I would surely also use Khtey, but he hasn't had a complete season. Maybe he wants to get some rest or maybe he was just given some time to recover, who knows. Back to the initial "problem". You would probably say that a group consisting of Biryukov, Sivozhelez, Ilinykh and Spiridonov is weaker than, let's say, Tetyukhin, Shulepov, Abramov, Khtey. I just don't agree that they are weaker or that they have won less. You just need a smart coach and there you go - he has a huge chance of winning a tournament with both selections. It's a totally different problem whom to select for a WL list, I agree about Markin and I have never been a fan of Sergey Savin, I stated my alternative choices already.

The "drama" is that out of the four key candidates you mentioned (Biryukov, Sivo, Ilinykh, Spir) only Biryukov played whole season as a starter, on a good level. Ilinykh has been very seriously on the bench and so was Spir. Sivo played but not as much as one would want to; he and Spir had various injuries last year. After that, Biryukov does seem not to get along well with Voronkov: as we may remember he sat all the WCh on the bench in favour of Savin/Spir, for which Voronkov was criticised publicly by Alekno, a very rare situation in Russian volleyball.

• The "drama" is that out of the four key candidates you mentioned (Biryukov, Sivo, Ilinykh, Spir) only Biryukov played whole season as a starter, on a good level. Ilinykh has been very seriously on the bench and so was Spir. Sivo played but not as much as one would want to; he and Spir had various injuries last year. After that, Biryukov does seem not to get along well with Voronkov: as we may remember he sat all the WCh on the bench in favour of Savin/Spir, for which Voronkov was criticised publicly by Alekno, a very rare situation in Russian volleyball.

Exactly. He basically called up one person who was a starter and the others who were on the bench for a long time for various reasons. Plus the majority o the team is like that. It also doesn't help that I am not a big fan of Voronkov. I truly hope he can motivate the team to do well.