Russian NT 2015

• The "drama" is that out of the four key candidates you mentioned (Biryukov, Sivo, Ilinykh, Spir) only Biryukov played whole season as a starter, on a good level. Ilinykh has been very seriously on the bench and so was Spir. Sivo played but not as much as one would want to; he and Spir had various injuries last year. After that, Biryukov does seem not to get along well with Voronkov: as we may remember he sat all the WCh on the bench in favour of Savin/Spir, for which Voronkov was criticised publicly by Alekno, a very rare situation in Russian volleyball.

The drama I was actually referring to was the lack-of-choice one, the one usually mentioned every now and then :) The drama about how Russia suddenly struggles to find decent OHs. And I might be paraphrasing here from other posts and threads. It is indeed a totally different question in what shape the aformentioned players are. I know very well how much each one of those has played this year, but as we see there are quite a lot of alternatives and talented youngsters waiting for a chance ;) Besides, those on the bench should be fresh for the summer season, right?

• The drama I was actually referring to was the lack-of-choice one, the one usually mentioned every now and then :) The drama about how Russia suddenly struggles to find decent OHs. And I might be paraphrasing here from other posts and threads. It is indeed a totally different question in what shape the aformentioned players are. I know very well how much each one of those has played this year, but as we see there are quite a lot of alternatives and talented youngsters waiting for a chance ;) Besides, those on the bench should be fresh for the summer season, right?

Ha, this is a good question! These flights and commutes do "cost" a lot, especially for the teams in Euro cups (except Kazan and Belgorod who have a better situation with ca$$h air transportation.) Take a look at Pavlov who is just dying out and Mikhailov looks quite spent too. However the lack of competitive practice (and serious responsibility) is not good either. Back in 2011, the winner of the regular season was Iskra Odintsovo whose main scorer at that point was... yes, Spirik. Does this sound believable today at all? The bigger worry are characters like Ilinykh (and AFAIC Savin) who moved to volleyball relatively late. Those chaps always lack some motor skills so the bench doesn't help at all here.

P.S. Something tells me that Kruglov is going to be the main opp in the NT this year. Having Moroz on the list is just not professional.

• Tetyukhin, Berezhko, Alexandr Volkov and Sokolov are just missed out of the 35 candidates of Rio Olympic Games.

the complete list:

Alexander Abrosimov, Sergey Antypkin, Nikolai Apalikov, Andrey Aschev, Denis Biryukov, Roman Bragin, Alexander Butko, Alexey Verbov, Ilya Vlasov, Dmitriy Volkov, Artem Volvich, Valentin Golubev, Sergey Grankin, Artem Ermakov, Denis Zemchenok, Dmitriy Ilinykh, Igor Kobzar, Dmitriy Kovalev, Igor Kolodinskiy, Pavel Kruglov, Sergey Makarov, Alexander Markin, Maxim Mikhaylov, Dmitriy Muserskiy, Pavel Moroz, Alexey Obmochaev, Nikolai Pavlov, Pavel Pankov, Sergey Savin, Alexey Samoilenko, Eugene Sivozhelez, Artem Smolar, Alexey Spiridonov, Taras Khtey, Dmitriy Scherbinin.

http://www.russiavolley.com/67…-the-list-of-rio-og-2016/

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• Dividing into positions:

S: Sergey Grankin, Sergey Makarov, Alexander Butko, Igor Kobzar, Dmitriy Kovalev, Igor Kolodinskiy, Pavel Pankov, Sergey Antipkin
    OP: Maxim Mikhaylov, Nikolai Pavlov, Pavel Moroz, Pavel Kruglov (also OH), Denis Zemchenok
    OH: Dmitriy Ilinykh (also OP), Denis Biryukov, Evgeniy Sivozhelez, Sergey Savin, Alexey Spiridonov, Taras Khtey, Alexander Markin, Dmitriy Volkov
    MB: Dmitriy Muserskiy, Nikolai Apalikov, Andrey Aschev, Artem Volvich, Alexander Abrosimov, Dmitriy Scherbinin, Artem Smolyar, Ilya Vlasov, Alexey Samoilenko
    L: Alexey Verbov, Alexey Obmochaev, Artem Ermakov, Roman Bragin, Valentin Golubev

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Eh that list can always change. I hope Berezkho does make it because his receiving is definitely needed. Volkov is way too injured so it makes no sense for him. I am sure if Tetyukhin decided to come back to the national team full time, they will put him on the list. I can't remember who Sokolov is.

• Eh that list can always change. I hope Berezkho does make it because his receiving is definitely needed. Volkov is way too injured so it makes no sense for him. I am sure if Tetyukhin decided to come back to the national team full time, they will put him on the list. I can't remember who Sokolov is.

Alexander Sokolov is Libero :wavy: he was in Russian NT in London as help in backrow ^^ Obmochaev was main L there :D

• The straw that broke the camel's back.. Voronkov resigns as head coach of Russian men NT

After disappointing losing streak (0-10) in the FIVB World League, Voronkov
    has decided to resign. He took over the national team in 2013! At the
    beginning of his mission, he managed to win World League and European
    Championship in 2013! In 2014 he didn’t manage to take even a medal in
    World League and World Championship and during this season, Voronkov recorded the one of the worst performance with Russia in World League.

Believe it or not, they have ten losses out of ten matches so far!

The board of Russian Volleyball federation will have a meeting on July 17th and they will name new head coach” reports the official website of RVF.

• Alekno's List:

Setters: Alexander Butko - Sergey Grankin - Dmitriy Kovalev

Opposittes: Maxim Mikhaylov - Pavel Moroz - Victor Poletaev

Outside Hitters: Sergey Tetyukhin - Alexey Spiridonov - Denis Biryukov - Dmitriy Ilinykh - Evgeniy Sivozhelez - Taras Khtey

Middle Blockers: Andrey Ashchev - Artem Volvich - Ilya Vlasov - Dmitriy Muserskiy - Artem Smolyar

Líberos: Alexey Obmochaev - Alexey Verbov

• So no Sergey Makarov (S), no Nikolay Pavlov (OP), Denis Zemchenok (OP) :thumbsup:, Nikolay Apalikov (MB), Artem Ermakov (L).

We have old good well-known set of OHs :D it'll be interesting which of them will be out... maybe we'll see 3 MBs and 5 OHs...

I won't be surprised seeing in Japan:
    S: Butko, Grankin
    OP: Mikhaylov, Moroz
    OH: Tetyukhin, Spiridonov, Biryukov, Ilinykh, Sivozhelez
    MB: Ashchev, Volvich, Muserskiy
    L: Obmochaev, Verbov

• Nikolay Apalikov is injured.

Not sure about Khtey being there, he wasn't good during the season at all. Volvich I don't like period. Pavel Moroz has not impressed me at all.

• But I think there will be some surprise, maybe Poletaev instead of Moroz

• But I think there will be some surprise, maybe Poletaev instead of Moroz

I would include young MB Ilya Vlasov as well. He is a Very spectatcular "in system" attacker and already a decent blocker. Alekno has to see now how he works with Grankin/Butko but i am quite sure that he could add more, or at least the same, than either of Volvich/Ashchev.

Overall i think it would have been smarter to let Poletaev/Vlasov play WL instead of EG. They couldn't have done any more damage, but at least you would know now, how they can perform on a high level.

• Current list for camp in Anapa:

S: Alexander Butko, Sergey Grankin
    OP: Maxim Mikhaylov, Victor Poletaev
    OH: Sergey Tetyukhin, Alexey Spiridonov, Denis Biryukov, Dmitriy Ilinykh, Evgeniy Sivozhelez
    MB: Artem Volvich, Ilya Vlasov, Dmitriy Muserskiy, Artem Smolyar, Ilya Kurkaev
    L: Alexey Obmochaev, Alexander Yanutov

Dmitriy Kovalev (S), Pavel Moroz (OP) are out, polish media mentioned also Egor Klyuka (OH) as player which was recently out.

I wonder where Taras Kthey, Andrey Ashchev and Alexey Verbov disappeared :what: meanwhile Ilya Kurkaev and Alexander Yanutov joined...

• I wonder where Taras Kthey, Andrey Ashchev and Alexey Verbov disappeared :what: meanwhile Ilya Kurkaev and Alexander Yanutov joined...

They all recently had surgeries. Aschev - achilles, Verbov - knee, Khtey - appendicitis

• Russian roster

Setters: Sergey Grankin, Alexander Butko
    Opposites: Maxim Mikhaylov, Viktor Poletaev
    OHs: Sergey Tetyukhin, Alexey Spiridonov, Evgeny Sivozhelez, Dmitriy Ilinykh
    MBs: Dmitriy Muserskiy, Artem Volvich, Ilya Vlasov, Ilyas Kurkaev
    Liberos: Alexey Obmochaev, Alexander Yanutov

• so Artem Smolyar and Denis Biryukov are out :wavy:

• I still wonder why Kruglov hasn't been given a chance in NT this season, even if i think it's important to give experience to youngsters, this time Poletaev should stay at home IMO.

The inclusion of Kurkaev is quite strange to me as well, he has benched the whole season, and not even in Russia B he had a relevant role, but i haven't seen him that much to say more, still a good try though because Smoliar is useless.

And Musersky for me should play as opposite :super: