Italy NT 2015

• For the WL 2015, here is the roster.
    According to coach Berruto's words, Simone Parodi and Osmany Juantorena are going to join the team during the European Championship due to the injuries, while Baranowicz is not in the team because "I don't want to create rivalry with Travica" (shame on you, Berruto!).
    Kovar is injured as well, so perhaps is going to join the team in autumn like Juantorena and Parodi.

SETTERS: PAOLUCCI Adriano (Perugia); SAITTA Davide (Tolosa); TRAVICA Dragan (Belgorod);
    MIDDLE BLOCKERS: ALLETTI Aimone (Piacenza); ANZANI Simone (Verona); BIRARELLI Emanuele (Trento); BOSSI Elia Molfetta); BUTI Simone (Perugia); MENGOZZI Stefano (Ravenna); PIANO Matteo (Modena);
    OPPOSITE HITTERS: NELLI Gabriele (Trento); SABBI Giulio (Treia); VETTORI Luca (Modena); ZAYTSEV Ivan (Dinamo Moscow);
    OUTSIDE HITTERS: ANTONOV Oleg (Tours); GALLIAN: BOTTO Iacopo (Monza); LANZA Pippo (Trento); MASSARI Jacopo (Piacenza); RAFFAELLI Giacomo (Club Italia); RANDAZZO Luigi (Città di Castello):
    LIBERO: COLACI Massimo (Trento); GIOVI Andrea (Perugia); ROSSINI Salvatore (Modena).

By the way, I think that for the European Championship, these are going to be the players on the court:
    Travica - Zaytsev
    Anzani - Birarelli
    Juantorena - Lanza
    Rossini

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

Edited 3 times, last by Mamdani ().

• How certain is it that Juantorena is going to play for Italy? Because this is the first time someone is talking about it with apparent certainty. Also, it's very weird for Italy to have an OH selection among Antonov, Botto, Lanza, Massari, Raffaelli, Randazzo. I guess times change after all.

• Cester played amazing till Toniutti was in Ravenna. I didn't watch any single match since the frech setter left the team, so I don't know how he's doing now, but the guy completely deserves to be part of NT.

• How certain is it that Juantorena is going to play for Italy? Because this is the first time someone is talking about it with apparent certainty. Also, it's very weird for Italy to have an OH selection among Antonov, Botto, Lanza, Massari, Raffaelli, Randazzo. I guess times change after all.

Berruto has said "A questo gruppo principale si devono aggiungere Simone Parodi ed Osmany Juantorena. Entrambi stanno concludendo la stagione agonistica con i rispettivi club, dopo di che hanno già un programma per risolvere alcune problematiche fisiche, prima di unirsi al gruppo quando s'inizierà la preparazione per la Coppa del mondo ed i Campionati Europei". Source: volleyball.it, but you can find it by writing on google "Juantorena Berruto" at the last month.

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

• Where, in heavens, is Falaschi? Gosh, I dislike Berruto SO MUCH :cursing:

You're right. The setters of the NT should be Falaschi, Baranowicz and Giannelli (1996, such a big talent), not Dragan "overrated" Travica, who is the sweetheart of the inept Berruto :thumbdown:

• After what happened in Rio, Travica released an interview on a radio program, "In banda con il Brogio", directed by Andrea Brogioni, former second coach of the NT until the end of 2014 (he has been fired with all the rest of the staff after the WCH, now Blengini is the second coach). He said that he is happy to be with his family and friends and that he needed that after what happened. He has different feelings inside, but he doesn't want to express too much because he first wants to talk with Berruto, the federation (Magri) together with the other three guys. He is aware of the mistake he has done and he takes all the responsabilities but he also thinks that the treatment was too heavy. According to him, the atmosphere at the beginning of the year was positive, as they won two times in Australia at the beginning of the WL: the group had the right mentality and they were focused on Rio 2016. Then something happened but he doesn't want to say nothing more as he prefers talking with the others involved, then he will express his opinion.

http://www.volleyball.it/notizie.asp?n=103536&l=0

• Another interview in which we discover nothing special, typical since last year

• Radostin Stoytchev New Head Coach ITALY M.

Good job.

• Easy there. Raylight is having a heart attack reading this

• Radostin Stoytchev New Head Coach ITALY M.

Good job.

Dissemination of false information :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

• They want Jose Roberto Guimarães after the Olympic games

• They want Jose Roberto Guimarães after the Olympic games

This is also a speculation. I think Italian federation knows they have their biggest chance to win a Olympic gold medal in Rio. Their only focus is 2016 Olympics.
    There are 3 candidates right now; Berruto ( probably will continue to coach) ,Stoychev and Bernardi.

• Berruto has resigned but his successor will be Blengini :what:
    Blengini somehow has hit the jackpot. It must be because he is extremely lucky or the federation thinks they can control him easily. Will he be another puppet?
    I don't think he has enough experience to lead such a complicated locker room. Without a respected coach and with the addition of Juantorena, now we will have a chance to see best episodes of Italian soap opera :lol: :lol: Stay tuned :P
    Also Berruto's resignation means Zaytsev-Travica tandem won the war against him.For years they used Berruto and ruled the locker room (remember Baranowicz,Falasca, Juantorena...) but they decide to dismiss him now. It is a good indicator of their power. I have a feeling that they will make a move to stop Juantorena's entrance.

• I don't like Blengini at all

• What reason did they release about Berruto's resignation?

They who?

• If the rumors are true , I guess there is a big party in Zaytsev's house right now:
    - He won the war against Berruto.
    - 'Balotelli of volleyball' :rolll: will find a low profile coach who likely will be overwhelmed by Zaytsev's popularity and ego.
    - He will play as an OPP again (the main issue that led to Berruto's resignation)
    - Since this years European championship is in Italy, he and his wife will find another chance to boost their celebrity status :lol:
    Lets see how he will react to 'caso Travica', the next episode of the soap opera. :P Will he protect his best friend (!)?