Italy NT 2015

• Scarpetta, making fun of the gossip is the easiest way to forget the real issue, and it is only speculation (although at this point there is some truth to it). Oh, and "Balotelli of volleyball" is such a wrong statement on so many levels that it isn't even funny. :hit:

Berruto resigned because he could no longer endure the criticism from his own players (unspoken or spoken), from his bosses, maybe from the public opinion too. Okay, it's my guess, but it is 90% of the truth. I don't blame him for that. He took the criticism during and after the WCh. He took the criticism during this WL. Then the moment came when everybody jumped off his wagon, especially those mighty bureaucrats who rule Italian volleyball (and sports overall) with disdain of sportsmanship. He felt hurt and humiliated personally by the speeches and quotes that have surfaced since the day after the Rio incident. At least, that's what I understand from his latest blog entry.
    It's funny that one of them was a false scoop taken straight from the message boards and put into the mouth of some "anonymous source". :aww:

Italy NT reached the top in the last twelve months at the WL finals, from a team morale standpoint and - just in my opinion and many will disagree - the game wasn't bad either, all things considered. And this isn't nearly the strongest argument as to why it is an idiotic decision to make this move now. If the successor will indeed be Blengini, then I will have to think of something more emphatic than "idiotic", regardless of how competent and adequate the current coach of Lube might be.
    Having said that, hopefully we are coming back to the world elite soon anyways, but this is not the right way.

I read somewhere that Blengini intends to bring Zaytsev back at OP. It will do wonder for his self-confidence, and he is the kind of guy whose performance depends a lot on confidence.

• 'Balotelli of volleyball' isn't a nickname I create, It is commonly used in facebook after Rio incident and I find it very funny. :lol: 'The golden boy ' suddenly turned into 'Balotelli of volleyball' :lol:

Yes , he was criticized by his own players but by whom? Birarelli, Lanza, Vettori, Anzani...? I only read Zaytsev's comments ;)

• Blengini; the top result in his coaching career is elimination of dysfunctional Lube in the quarterfinals and making the semi-finals of Italian league.
    But now he is the head coach of Lube, maybe the most talented team in Europe this year, and Italian NT . He eliminated Stoychev and legend Bernardi to take the job.
    Wow just wow. :what:
    Career;
    Born in Turin on December 29, 1971.He worked as a assistant coach to Berruto and Velasco , only trained two clubs in the Italian A1 league:Vibo Valentia and Latina.
    Berruto must be seriously pissed right now.

• Blengini; the top result in his coaching career is elimination of dysfunctional Lube in the quarterfinals and making the semi-finals of Italian league.
    But now he is the head coach of Lube, maybe the most talented team in Europe this year, and Italian NT . He eliminated Stoychev and legend Bernardi to take the job.
    Wow just wow. :what:
    Career;
    Born in Turin on December 29, 1971.He worked as a assistant coach to Berruto and Velasco , only trained two clubs in the Italian A1 league:Vibo Valentia and Latina.
    Berruto must be seriously pissed right now.

Eliminated is a strong word to use based on the fact (and the rumours) that no one had actually applied for the position. It was rather a decision taken by the Italian Federation. I doubt Stoychev or Bernardi were contacted and offered the job, so it is all a matter of preference, as far as I could follow the latest news.

• Blengini's first calls:

S: Daniele Sottile, Simone Giannelli, Davide Saitta
    WS: Osmany Juantorena, Filippo Lanza, Oleg Antonov, Jacopo Massari
    OP: Luca Vettori, Ivan Zaytsev, Giulio Sabbi
    MB: Simone Buti, Matteo Piano, Emanuele Birarelli, Simone Anzani
    L: Salvatore Rossini e Massimo Colaci.

Zaytsev and Sabbi are back. NO Travica! :drink: :obey:

No Baranowicz and Falaschi. :down:

Very deserved call for Sottile. :drink:

OHs are simply a joke. :whistle:

• Parodi??? Is he still injured? I knew that he should have been ready to play in August

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

• A - :white: :white: :white:

B - :drink: :cup: :drink:

OP - Sabbi or Vettori

• Both of this photos are taken today.

Life is strange!
    Although Travica definitely deserved some punishment because of his extremely arrogant behaviour , maybe this is too much. :lol:
    Zaytsev is one of those guys who never loses no matter the situation is. ;)
    Juantorena will never win because he will always remain as outsider.

By the way, if everything goes well (without injuries), Italia A will be a team to watch.

• My concern is from "generazione di fenomeni" to Massari, not to Juantorena. I don't give a damn about his provenance, as well as I did not give a damn about Aguero some years ago

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

• I'm still a bit shocked for what has happened since Rio till now. I believe this is a perfectly italian-made thing: changing coach and players right now, in a such delicate summer, is very risky, but on the other side something had to be changed. I don't who is right and who is wrong, for sure I didn't like the way it all happened but I hope the team finds its rhythm and its chemistry... I hope Blengini manages to work and to see some results!

• Juantorena joking Travica on Instagram: "Rio, we are coming; for sure we won't be late".

source

I'm disgusted.

Actually I'm not sure that he wanted to troll Travica. Maybe he trolled the others European nations which are going to arrive later in Rio