German NT 2015

• I always thought Heynen didn't give enough chances to Simon Hirsch. Alright, he had lots of physical problems in the past, but last season in A2 he did very well and so far in A1 he also plays very well, he gets far more playing time than I expected considering he is actually Nikolay Pavlov's backup...

And today, Hirsch sent an application to Heynen with scoring 31 points (57%) as a starter for Latina :thumbup:
    http://www.legavolley.it/TabellinoGara.asp?IdGara=28154

I wondered too, that Heynen took Steinke instead of Hirsch to EG in Baku. Probably a missed chance but in the end, no matter who will be "plan B" opposite, all german fans will have to hope that "planB" doesn't need to be applied......

• ...... but i would guess that Heynen rather calls another OH and that Fromm will be his plan B

On the official federation "fan site" they speak of a comeback of a certain player but they only offer the silhouette :rolleyes: . It almost certainly looks like Robert Kromm and then we would the above mentioned scenario.
    But the defenite solution of the riddle will be revealed on a press conference on 3rd December.

https://www.facebook.com/fancl…698256644/?type=3&theater

• Some interesting names at the german wide roster, published on the CEV side. The final list will be delivered on thursday.

I would say it is a safe bet, that Robert Kromm will be back. There are 14 players allowed, right? A potential list could look like this:

Setters: Kampa, Zimmermann
    Opposites: Grozer, Hirsch/Dünnes
    OH: Fromm, Kaliberda, Kromm, Schwarz, (Strohbach/Westphal)
    MB: Böhme, Andrei, Broshog, Collin
    Libero: Tille, Steuerwald

Other options are possible of course. Christian Dünnes is playing a very good Bundesliga season so far but Hirsch is doing quite OK in Italy as well. I am not sure, how Heynen will decide.I would probably pick Hirsch.....

Another option could be to call a fifth OH and having Christian Fromm as the plan B opposite. Tom Strohbach was injured in the beginning of the season and is now struggling a bit in the league. I guess, Heynen would pick Westphal in this scenario.

• Meanwhile some different options got official:

Heynen called Patrick Steuerwald (older brother of Libero Markus) as 3rd setter. One week after that Jan Zimmermann ruined his meniscus and is out for 2-3 months. So Patrick now will be the second setter, especially as Simon Tischer is on the way of recovering but not ready to play yet.

Heynen also called "back" Robert Kromm and Christian Dünnes and I bet he would also have called Björn Andrae, but Björn also is still recovering after injury.
    This is a logical step for me because for one decisive tournament one will reactivate all the experienced players that can help.

Also I fully agree to Tim's last sentence that the most probable option is to have Fromm or even Kromm as replacement opposites, thus name 5 OHs for the final roster.

The preliminary 22 roster of Germany:
    Setters
    Lukas Kampa (Radom/POL), Sebastian Kühner (BR Volleys), Patrick Steuerwald (TSV Herrsching), Jan Zimmermann (United Volleys RheinMain)

Outside
    Christian Fromm, Denis Kaliberda (Perugia/ITA), Robert Kromm (BR Volleys), Sebastian Schwarz (Danzig/POL), Tom Strohbach (TV Rottenburg), Dirk Westphal (Nantes/FRA)

Middles
    Michael Andrei (Ajaccio/FRA), Noah Baxpöhler (VSG Coburg/Grub), Marcus Böhme (Lubin/POL), Tim Broshog (Maaseik/BEL), Philipp Collin (Tours/FRA), Georg Klein (Antwerpen/BEL)

Opposites
    Christian Dünnes (United Volleys RheinMain), Georg Grozer (Samsung Bluefangs/KOR), Simon Hirsch (Latina/ITA), Daniel Malescha (TSV Herrsching)

Liberos
    Markus Steuerwald (Paris/FRA), Ferdinand Tille (TSV Herrsching)

• Germany won 2015 Men's Fistball (Volleyball + Football) World Championship Gold Medal, 2nd time in a row, 4th in history after 2011, 1999 and 1992.

Germany is also current World Games Champion (Olympic Games for non-olympic sports).

• Germany won 2015 Men's Fistball (Volleyball + Football) World Championship Gold Medal, 2nd time in a row, 4th in history after 2011, 1999 and 1992.

Germany is also current World Games Champion (Olympic Games for non-olympic sports).

Thank you for this very very valuable information. But of course "Fistball" has nothing to do with football :teach:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kI-BBLh98sc

• Also I fully agree to Tim's last sentence that the most probable option is to have Fromm or even Kromm as replacement opposites, thus name 5 OHs for the final roster

Simon Hirsch surely is making decision not easy for Heynen at the moment. He is a starting player for Latina at the moment and delivered always around 50% in the last matches :thumbup:

• What should I write here more.. that Germany won't play in Rio.. hm that knows Everyone.. maybe that Schops will be Heart with NT during OGQT.

• Simon Hirsch surely is making decision not easy for Heynen at the moment. He is a starting player for Latina at the moment and delivered always around 50% in the last matches :thumbup:

And another 30+ points match by Hirsch today. I already liked him when he played in Haching, back then I thought the reason why he didn't get a real chance in NT was that he seemed prone to injuries. Now he's healthy and playing very well since a longer time, so let's see what Heynen will do now...

• As expected, Georg Grozer will quit NT now that they didn't qualify for Rio. He says he'll take at least the next 1-2 years off because he promised it to his wife, but I don't think he'll return.

Also Heynen's future is uncertain, there are rumors that he'll be in charge until WL this year and after that someone else will take over the team.

• As expected, Georg Grozer will quit NT now that they didn't qualify for Rio. He says he'll take at least the next 1-2 years off because he promised it to his wife, but I don't think he'll return.

Also Heynen's future is uncertain, there are rumors that he'll be in charge until WL this year and after that someone else will take over the team.

Thats, in deed, no surprise. He already said this some ago. There will be other players who will think about time-out or who will completely quit NT. Imo Schwarz, Böhme, Schöps, Tille are the main candidates for such a step. Building a new and competive squad will be a huge task given federations limited resources.

In an interview before the tourney Heynen already declared his dissatisfaction about the germans general attitude towards sports and their fixation on football in special. Imo it is not very probable that he stays.

...."I don't know if i will stay in Germany because i don't know whether there will be a project with high ambitions for me."...

source: http://www.welt.de/print/die_w…sprechen-immer-halte.html

• And after today's match Heynen said "I am convinced to be in Tokyo in four years", however he did not explicitly say that he'll be there with Germany. But then, I don't know which European top team would be interested in him right now.

• I don't know which European top team would be interested in him right now.

Probably Iran, after Lozano gets sacked after disappointing olympics :D

• Well at least then he would work in a country where Volleyball gets fairly much recognition...

Thats very true but given his reputation amongst iranian fans, i guess we will never ever see that move ^^

• As expected, Vital Heynen won't renew his contract with german federation. At the moment it looks like he will still take care of the team in the World League but afterwards he "...will take up a new challenge outside germany...".

http://www.volleyball-verband.…eu1hh868s0n1vvro81arrdgt0