2016 / 2017 Transfer News

• One of the best volleyball players in the history!

Maybe, except for his 3 shameful years in Modena. The shadow of himself, an useless player good for nothing (despite such an important salary). Personally, I think that if a player fails in Serie A1, he cannot be considered one of the best players in the history. When in 2005 we replaced Dante with the Polish Murek, I was very happy, indeed he had a great season: very good player better than Dante. I miss Murek :( great player and also a very kind and polite guy, without those terrible injuries HE would have been among the best ones in the history

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

Edited 3 times, last by Mamdani ().

• Honestly most of the players didn't shine in that Modena. Dante's career talks for himself. He won everywhere except Modena. Not to mention the decline Brazil suffered when her retired from NT. Almost always best receiver and best spiker of the tournament. Simply amazing. A dark horse. :obey:

• Maybe, except for his 3 shameful years in Modena. The shadow of himself, an useless player good for nothing (despite such an important salary). Personally, I think that if a player fails in Serie A1, he cannot be considered one of the best players in the history. When in 2005 we replaced Dante with the Polish Murek, I was very happy, indeed he had a great season: very good player better than Dante. I miss Murek :( great player and also a very kind and polite guy, without those terrible injuries HE would have been among the best ones in the history

I am sorry, this is a very shallow statement. I don't even know where to start. We are discussing the best players in volleyball history, not the best in Modena's history. Because, you know, volleyball hasn't started or ended with Modena. I checked some old data and you are right, Modena had two terrible seasons with Dante in the squad but his first season there was nowhere near bad. The comparison to Murek, all due respect, is not serious. And no, a league title, albeit prestigious and important, doesn't weigh more than international success. Dante WAS one of the best and most loved players in the game's history, no matter if he is your personal favourite or not. I guess you would have the same opinion about Giba, or any other Brazilian legionary for that matter, as he/they didn't achieve much overseas, yet they remain golden anywhere else.

• Giba was waaay below his level and expectations in Iskra Odintsovo as they won only 2 silver medals in Superleague and bronze in CL 2008/2009. His salary was enormous even for today's standards. So he isn't one of the best players ever due that? As Yavor said shallow opinion...

• Apostolos Armenakis (ex-Greek NT, opposite, 36-year-old, 202 cm, Anagennisi Deryneias (Cyprus)) joins ACH Volley Ljubljana. Source: ACH's page.

• Maybe, except for his 3 shameful years in Modena. The shadow of himself, an useless player good for nothing (despite such an important salary). Personally, I think that if a player fails in Serie A1, he cannot be considered one of the best players in the history. When in 2005 we replaced Dante with the Polish Murek, I was very happy, indeed he had a great season: very good player better than Dante. I miss Murek :( great player and also a very kind and polite guy, without those terrible injuries HE would have been among the best ones in the history

Dante won
    3 World Championships
    2 World Cup
    1 Olympic
    7 World League
    2 Pan American Games

This is what makes a player be one of the best in history. ( Winning Sere A1 does not make a player the greatest)

Dante played in Greece before
    Panathinaikos 2005-2006 2007-2008

• I'm not talking about "winning Serie A1", I'm talking about "to play decently", and Dante at that time was a disaster (he played for us from 2002 to 2005 by the way, therefore before Greece). Actually, I don't know if he was good in Greece, but frankly I don't give a damn...becuase he failed where the REAL great players show their value

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

Edited 2 times, last by Mamdani ().

• Javier Jiménez(OH) sign to Exprivia Molfetta
    Osniel Lazaro Melgarejo(OH) and José Luis González(OPP) sign to Panathinaikos
    Athos Ferreira Costa(MB) sign to Olympiakos

• Martin Atanasov (Bulgarian, OH, 20-year-old, 197 cm, Dobrudzha 07 Dobrich) will play for Tokat Belediye Plevne in the Turkish league. It's an old transfer, it has been known he will play abroad but only yesterday I understood where exactly.

Nikolay Nikolov (Bulgarian NT, MB) is rumoured to have agreed terms with Yenisey Krasnoyarsk in the Russian league. I haven't seen any confirmation yet.

This is official now, Nikolov made his debut for Yenisey this past weekend versus Dinamo Moscow. He had been apparently waiting for his permit (or similar documents).

• This is hardly a transfer move, but its place probably belongs to this thread. Radoslav Parapunov (Bulgarian Junior NT, OPP, 19-year-old, 205 cm, CSKA Sofia), one of our most talented youngster and, in my opinion, a future NT member with a great certainty, is a freshman at Hawaii University. I guess he will stay there for the entire program (which should be 4 years). Thus, he is said to be unavailable for the Junior ECH qualifiers in January in Sofia.