2016 / 2017 Transfer News

• Setter Yoandri Diaz rejoins Yenisei Krasnoyarsk, while the club let go of Slovenian setter Dejan Vincic and MB Nikolay Nikolov

Logical and expected move by Yenisey board as Vinčič had problems adjusting to life in Russia and in general to Russian volleyball. To be honest I was never big fan of Vinčič and his skills/abilities so I was surprised to see him in Russia but on other side blaiming Vinčič for results is a total nonsense. Main culprit for me is Cherednik. Dunno what happened with Nikolov, he was playing solid, maybe board expected him in crucial roles.

• Logical and expected move by Yenisey board as Vinčič had problems adjusting to life in Russia and in general to Russian volleyball. To be honest I was never big fan of Vinčič and his skills/abilities so I was surprised to see him in Russia but on other side blaiming Vinčič for results is a total nonsense. Main culprit for me is Cherednik. Dunno what happened with Nikolov, he was playing solid, maybe board expected him in crucial roles.

Nikolov left the club, he wasn't released. He had back problems but the medical staff just kept neglecting the issue by giving him injections instead of doing something to heal the pain in the long run. Nikolov said he didn't want to risk with his health and left the club dissatisfied. He gave an interview about it and based on his decent numbers for the team I tend to believe it is true and Yenisey had no sports reasons to release him. Also, he mentioned that Iranian clubs work more professionally than Russians. Right now he is recovering and said that, unless an offer comes from somewhere, CSKA Sofia might be the only option for him in the Bulgarian league.

• Treno needs a scoring OH. Lanza can be so sloppy but he needs competition. Urnaut is irreplaceable IMO.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Logical and expected move by Yenisey board as Vinčič had problems adjusting to life in Russia and in general to Russian volleyball. To be honest I was never big fan of Vinčič and his skills/abilities so I was surprised to see him in Russia but on other side blaiming Vinčič for results is a total nonsense. Main culprit for me is Cherednik. Dunno what happened with Nikolov, he was playing solid, maybe board expected him in crucial roles.

Cherednik has overall a good reputation and was at some point tipped to become the NT coach. Have no idea about what he is like off the pitch but some of his time-outs with Dinamo Msk were just superb: the chap explained the team how to win the set endings and those endings were won in real-time. He had some issues with temperamental mega-stars (like Poltavskiy) but I doubt Cherednik is a problem in the Yenisey case. I have no insight and don't follow Yenisey but I can see that last year Mochalov (OH) and especially their opp Voronkov (who I think was last year's best server) were playing much more efficient volleyball. I've read an opinion that it could have been Spirik who made a mess out of Yenisey but I doubt this too. Replacing Voronkov may sound like an idea but he has his unique pros too. The guy is fairly short (192-ish) and not the best jumper but has a superb palm. Years spent behind the likes of Pavlov and Yakovlev on the bench made Voronkov a killer server (his record is 9 aces in 3 sets in the domestic champ game against Dinamo Msk).

Nikolov left the club, he wasn't released. He had back problems but the medical staff just kept neglecting the issue by giving him injections instead of doing something to heal the pain in the long run. Nikolov said he didn't want to risk with his health and left the club dissatisfied. He gave an interview about it and based on his decent numbers for the team I tend to believe it is true and Yenisey had no sports reasons to release him. Also, he mentioned that Iranian clubs work more professionally than Russians. Right now he is recovering and said that, unless an offer comes from somewhere, CSKA Sofia might be the only option for him in the Bulgarian league.

Yenisey indeed needs Nikolov now but I understand both sides fairly well. I wouldn't risk my back for the sake of helping an average team to leave the play-out zone but likewise I wouldn't offer to pay for e.g. a back surgery to a journeyman. In any case, I think it is Voronkov's performance which is the key here.

• I've respect for Cherednik, no discussion on that, but something obviously doesn't work in Krasnoyarsk. They had 5 or 6 tie break losses, which I consider as a lack of luck than anything else. On other side Yenisey have good roster (except MB's) and I was expecting them around 6th place. They haven't lost chanches to reach playoffs but something has to change if they want start winning.

Yep, I noticed they are having a lof of problems with OPP's as Voronkov isn't efficient enough, Mysin also but I read interesting fact that Belogorie OPP's have the worst efficiency rate of all Superleague teams.

• Yenisey indeed needs Nikolov now but I understand both sides fairly well. I wouldn't risk my back for the sake of helping an average team to leave the play-out zone but likewise I wouldn't offer to pay for e.g. a back surgery to a journeyman. In any case, I think it is Voronkov's performance which is the key here.

True that. Although I am not quite sure if Nikolov needs a surgery or just a couple of weeks of rest. The fact that he is planning on joining CSKA (eventually) soon means that it is not that serious after all. What I didn't understand in your post was the reference to an opposite (Voronkov). What does it have to do with a MB? Are they looking to hire a foreign opposite?

• A few employment changes during the winter break.

Nathan Roberts is said to be suffering from knee problems and as a result his club MKS Bedzin found a replacement - the Bulgarian Zlatan Yordanov (OH, 25-year-old, 198 cm, SCM U Craiova). Yordanov isn't really good enough for the Polish league, I don't know why Bedzin selected him. The only explanation could be that there was no one better/cheaper from the free agents. I don't know why he couldn't find a place in Craiova's team instead (check the reasons above), I don't know about any injury.

Levan Kalandadze and Chono Penchev left Iraklis Thessaloniki due to the club's financial situation. There are a few teams in the Russian league looking for opposites, so Kalandadze might not need long before he gets recruited. Penchev, alongside the Russian, was one of Iraklis' solid players and was enjoying a very good season. I hope he finds a solution soon because he is a potential NT candidate.

Dejan Vincic (Slovenian NT, setter, 30-year-old, 202 cm, Yenisey Krasnoyarsk) will replace Demian Gonzalez at Halkbank Ankara. He is already listed in Halkbank's page for the Champions League, so I guess he will be eligible to play versus Roeselare next week.

• Craiova wasn't satisfied with Yordanov at all. He supposed to be starting OH along Bala but even mediocre Ene was way better than Bulgarian. This info I got from person which is close to Romanian club.

Just to add Bulgarian setter Andrey Zhekov joined Arcada Galati because coach Martin Stoev insisted on signing Zhekov.

• Craiova wasn't satisfied with Yordanov at all. He supposed to be starting OH along Bala but even mediocre Ene was way better than Bulgarian. This info I got from person which is close to Romanian club.

Hence I questioned why Bedzin recruited him, Yordanov was not that good even in his best shape (as part of the Junior NT).

Also, Valerio Vermiglio (UPCN) and Angel Dennis (Revivre Milano) joined Kemas Lamipel Santa Croce in the Italian second tier.

• Both Travica (Ljubo as coach and Dragan as player) left Urmia claiming they haven't been paied and the working conditions were bad. We'll see if Dragan will sign for other clubs in Europe!

• Reading the news that Belgorod have signed or are very seriously about to sign Marlon. They say the guy is already there and show some photos. The smartest brains of Belgorod have realised the obvious thing that they lack an experienced setter - took them half a season, not the worst case scenario. Why could they not have extended with Antipkin is the q.

• Montenegro NT OH Božidar Ćuk joined Poitiers after Nemanja Jakovljević left French team. Ćuk is coming from Qatar club Al Arabi

Serbian OH Filip Stoilović joined Ajaccio as a medical jocker

Ex-Finnish NT MB Konstantin Shumov signed for Rennes in Ligue B

• Turkish OPP Serhat Coskun in Afyon Karahisar. Deal with Yordanov failed in last moment

Serhat Coskun had a little injury. Before Round 10 of Chinese League 16-17, he was replaced by Wang Jing-yi for many times in Team Tianjin.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan