2016 / 2017 Transfer Rumors & Discussion

• Perugia definately is gonna need a much better libero if they will play with Russell and Zaytsev as OHs. I guess they will make a bid for Rossini and Colaci.

About Trento, I read a couple of days ago that Lanza may ask to leave the team. Is there a possibility? If I remember correctly Blengini wanted him in Civitanova last year and since Lube's new SD is a former Trentino man and knows Lanza, maybe he is trying to persuade Lanza to join his new team.

• About Trento, I read a couple of days ago that Lanza may ask to leave the team. Is there a possibility? If I remember correctly Blengini wanted him in Civitanova last year and since Lube's new SD is a former Trentino man and knows Lanza, maybe he is trying to persuade Lanza to join his new team.

Lanza will probably leave because he isn't that happy about staying in the bench the last part of the season, after solving his physical problem. Plus, Trento is looking for someone with a better serve. [On the other hand, Pasini thinks he won't leave...]
    So the OHs will probably be Antonov and Urnaut, with the young Cavuto from A2, a very good server (for what I read: I've never watch him playing; he was the best U21 in A2).

Lanza could be an interesting player for Lube, imho, especially if they want tho keep Grebennikov/a foreign MB; the last new I read is that Lube is trying/tried to air Kubiack, but who knows...

The 'only' problem with two italian OH is that you have to air two italian subs... If Kovar is ok that could be a nice solution.

[BTW, I think Perugia should have aimed for Kubiak instead of Zaytsev, if they want to use him as OH... And they definitely need a better libero]

• IMHO we should keep Buti as back up and sign a strong foreign MB (Podrascanin is good, but Holt is even better). What about David Lee? He shouldn't be so expensive lately. Zaytsev as OH makes no sense to me.

• Scarpetta, I agree.
    Actually, I keep thinking that airing Zaytsev (they tried, but not hard enough) and a new CT would have been enough :P

On Pasini blog's other news about Trento:

Stoytchev will speak to Mosna the next week. It's not sure anymore if he will stay next year (for Modena? for the Italian NT?).

A commentator of the blog wrote that Lanza, Djuric and Colaci are in conflict with rado, so not only Lanza and Djuric but also Colaci will probably leave if Rado is staying; on the other hand, previously another commentator from Trento said the opposite about Colaci.

Stankovic has a huge offer from Ankara, but also (smaller) offers from few italian teams.

If Modena will win the championship, Lorenzetti may change is mind about leaving.

• IMHO we should keep Buti as back up and sign a strong foreign MB (Podrascanin is good, but Holt is even better). What about David Lee? He shouldn't be so expensive lately. Zaytsev as OH makes no sense to me.

But to use two foreign MBs Perugia would need another italian (with Zaytsev opposite, an OH like Lanza; if Zaytsev is the OH, they'll need an italian MB on court – taking for granted that Russell will stay).

BTW, "De Cecco/Zaytsev – Russell/Lanza – Podraskanin/Holt – italian libero [possibly not Giovi]" sounds really interesting to me, but probably Kubiack instead of Lanza with italian MB can be an even better solution... (obviously because of Kubiak, not because the italian MB :P)

• But to use two foreign MBs Perugia would need another italian (with Zaytsev opposite, an OH like Lanza; if Zaytsev is the OH, they'll need an italian MB on court – taking for granted that Russell will stay).

BTW, "De Cecco/Zaytsev – Russell/Lanza – Podraskanin/Holt – italian libero [possibly not Giovi]" sounds really interesting to me, but probably Kubiack instead of Lanza with italian MB can be an even better solution... (obviously because of Kubiak, not because the italian MB :P)

It seems Birarelli stays. :win:

• Nelli will very probably be the starter Opp for Trento.

Djuric is leaving mainly for problems with Rado (so I read, at least), so that could mean that Rado is staying, but on the other hand Modena is looking for him, but right now they doesn't know yet if they will have DHL as sponsor for the next year...

It's not clear in which direction Trento is going, honestly... Playing with Nelli is a bet that Rado can win, imho, but others coach isn't sure...

Edit1: No main sponsor for Trento, but it seems that Rado will stay, even if sorry/disappointed about it.
    Djuric asked to leave because Verona could make a bigger offer for him and Trento let him go, not being able/willing to offer the same.
    With Djuric leaving, the serve problem is half resolved, so it seems Lanza may stay, but it's no sure yet. [Lanza and Djuric where the weak spot in serve and it seems that both had problems with Stoytchev]

MB: Podraskanin is to expensive; Yosifov could have been a nice solution but Mosna doesn't like him too much because he isn't young enough; Lisinac is well considered – if the offer is enough for him it's done; if they can't afford a foreign top player, a young italian MB will be titular (the commentator didn't say who, but not Mazzone). Burghstaler and may be also Polo could be the third/fourth MB.

Petric said he will stay in Modena.

Rumors about Verona interested in Lanza (and Petric).

Rumors about Perugia making a big offer for a Trentino player.*

Edit2: Rumors about problems between Rado and Bruno da Re (Trento sportive manager), and this week Modena will meet Rado. So, it's not sure Rado will stay in Trento, may be the opposite.

*Rumors about Trento closed to Balaso, so as predictable Colaci could be the one for which Perugia made the offer (if the voice about Balaso is true). Trento-Club Italia this year xD
    Edit: also Lube made an offer for Colaci, but then Perugia made a bigger offer.

Lube has made an offer for Lanza.

BTW, both Lanza and Colaci probably won't stay in Trento if Rado stays.

It's not unthinkable that Lorenzetti will switch with Stoytchev. Not such unthinkable either Lorenzetti coach of the Italian NT.

• According to volleyball.it Perugia wants to extend Atanasijevic's current contract for 2 more years.

Also, according to the same article, the official announcement of the agreement between Pegugia and Zaytzev is imminent.

• Daniel Pliński (MB) may join Indykpol AZS Olsztyn or AZS Politechnika Warszawska

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Trento interested in the young Bulgarian opposite Velizar Chernokozhev, that two years ago trained for a while with the team and this year won the Bulgarian league.
    In that case it seems Nelli will go (probably to Padova).

Molfetta, Latina and Milano interested in Sabbi.

Le Roux closer to Modena.

It's almost sure that Sokolov will arrive at Lube.

Again about Lube, except about Sokolov there are kinda different news.

Volleyball.it says Christenson, Juantorena and Cebulj are staying. The situations of Kovar, Randanzzo (on loan to Molfetta), Cester and Miilykovic have to be evaluated. [I guess Cester will have to stay with all this foreign...]

Dal15al25 says Lube is looking for Kubiak and in that case Cebulj will be let free. Verona is interested in Cebulj to replace Sander [they wants Petric but he said he'll stay in Modena...]. According to Pasini, the owner of the blog, Grebennikov will stay in Lube.*
    For the italian MB, Buti or Birarelli (or Candellaro).

Dallari said it is possible an exchange Piano/Stankovic (I don't know if a plan B in case Le Roux won't come).

A commentator in Pasini blog said Vujevic (Perugia DS) said Birarelli and Buti are staying even if Podraskanin will arrive, but A) I don't know if they want to be subs and B) It's a big cost I think...

Perugia close to Podraskanin as we already knew, but in alternative interested in Lisiniac (as Trento) and Holt (probably more expensive).

* but there are also voices that Lube is interested in Colaci, even if Perugia made a bigger offer.

• Australian libero Luke Perry (Friedrichshafen) is said to have an offer from Berlin. Markus Steuerwald (GER, libero) is leaving Paris and is probably on his way to Friedrichshafen.

So which high level team is ready to spend money on Erik Shoji? Haven't read any rumors yet......