2016 / 2017 Transfer Rumors & Discussion

• Interesting!!

About Verona, if they take Grebennikov the italian to add could be Dick Kooy (even if he was supposed to stay in Ankara).
    Mengozzi will leave Ravenna and it's possible Verona is interested, while Ricci will stay in Ravenna.

Trento for the foreign MB is interested in Holt (I don't understand how they couldn't have money for Podraskanin and have money for Holt, though...); if they'll need an italian MB it will be Simone Buti.
    Nelli, Antonov, Daniele and Tiziano Mazzone are staying, so for the bench they need a second setter, that could be Marco Izzo, in B1 with Bolzano last season (he grew up with Cuneo). I don't know him at all ^^'

[As always all the rumors from Pasini's blog, Dal15al25]

• Mengozzi in Verona is official

Yes, I wrote the post when he still wasn't, and in the 'official transfert' topic someone else has already wrote that Mengozzi will officially be in Verona ;)

Other rumors:

- Holt in Modena with Le Roux (with Orduna titular as italian). Then Piano to Lube?

- Stankovic and Milijkovic in Ankara

It seems that to let Dragan and Ivan go away an year before their contract ended, Lube will pay them for liquidation the amount of money they would have earned the next season. :what: :aww:
    The same for Podraskanin, and it's possible it will be the same also for Grebennikov (well, if they'll have 3 italian MB and Juantorena I can't see why giving away the best libero in the world, especially for Pesaresi :aww: ). And they also payed A LOT for Sokolov buy out.
    So, also this year Lube will pay smth like 16 players, but this time in order not to have them playing ?(

I keep thinking that spend all this money to air Zaytsev and another italian OH/MB would have been a better choice :whistle:

• Nikolay Penchev is rumoured to have agreed terms with Skra Belchatow already. Bulgarian media report it as news, although I haven't read an official statement yet.

• So if they are going to pay their next year's salary, why not keeping them? There isn't any foreign limit in CL.

• A need for a change after the bad season?

I don't know, honestly Lube market seems a big mess to me, but I hope and the end Cormio will be able to create a good team...

• For me, Lube has the worst "Cups won/Money spent" ratio in the entire volleyball world.

I hope Cormio will change that.

• For me, Lube has the worst "Cups won/Money spent" ratio in the entire volleyball world.

I hope Cormio will change that.

I very much liked Parodi's explanation. So I don't think anything will change for Lube this year.

"Frankly, even I struggle to find reasons to explain the last season of Civitanova because for a time the team has gone very well, then in the races that counted in all competitions we blatantly missed. It may seem strange given the samples , but probably what we missed the most was the player who at the decisive moment that take the responsibility for the shots and ground the decisive balls. Let's say a leader, a field reference point for all players. "

Last year Miljkovic was too old to lead and although Juantorena is one of the most talented players ever, he has never been a leader/winner in his life. I don't think Sokolov can do it this year either.

• Last year Miljkovic was too old to lead and although Juantorena is one of the most talented players ever, he has never been a leader/winner in his life. I don't think Sokolov can do it this year either.

I don't quite agree with you about Juantorena. Osmany IS born a winner and his overall on-court behaviour, apart from a room full of medals, suggests so. It was probably physically the most demanding year in his career (combined with perhaps the worst coaching he has seen) that prevented him from winning a gold medal with either Italy or Lube (although there were clearly other factors playing a role on both fronts). Now where I should agree, also confirmed by Parodi, is that he might not be a team leader. I don't know if it is due to his personality, the bad club season, team chemistry or something else. But to me, he is a winner all around.

I agree with your concerns about Sokolov. Maybe one day in his life Tsvetan could be a team leader somewhere but I am afraid he is not a winner. Surely not a winner like Miljkovic or Wlazly.

• YavorD, I agree about Osmany!

Other rumors from Trento and Civitanova.

In an interview Mosna said that:

- they have two year of contract with Rado and he won't leave*

- the idea is not to change so much after airing Stokr: they would like to change an MB, as known, but keep the others. But-->

- Lanza has problem with his knee (deja vu...) and in order not to play with pain he needs a surgery. It seems that being operated now will mean no Rio; being operated after Rio will mean missing the first part of Trento season, so – even if they have Antonov and trust him a lot – they are considering all the question.
    [Honestly Italy doesn't have many strong OH now – thanks damn knees!!! – so Lanza will be needed, but if he have to play badly because he can train properly because of the knee... And the idea of Zaytsev OH is on air either way...]

- For the MB, they contacted both Le Roux and Holt but at the end Modena did a better offer and took both of them (!). Trento will probably look for a promising but not already top MB to train (like it was with Solè). They are also open for an italian MB (Buti, probably) in case Lanza will leave [it's not specified but in this case I guess they'll air a foreign OH]

*on the other hand, inside voices strongly suggest that Rado may leave and Mosna is know to deny the evident, so... In that case, Lorenzetti could be the one to replace him.

About Civitanova, it seems that Piano has already sign/is really close to sign and complete the MB italian department with Cester and Candellaro. In that case obviously Grebennikov is staying.

So, an idea for the rosters will be:

Civitanova: Christenson-Sokolov; Piano-Candellaro/Cester; Juantorena-Cebulj/Kaliberda; Grebennikov

Modena: Orduna (as italian) - Vettori; Ngapeth-Petric; Le Roux-Holt; Rossini :white:
    [I don't know Orduna well and I don't know if is good enough for the level of the team and the competitions they'll join – I would love to hear your opinion, BTW! – but I realize now that with Giannelli this already stellar team would be superstellar :cheesy:]

Trento: Giannelli-Stokr/Nelli; Solé – ?; Uranut-Lanza/Antonov/?; Colaci (this is the roster most uncertain among the three, imho)

• Holt certain already for Modena???

No no, it's not official yet. But it seems quite sure according to Pasini and Mosna, and also Pedrini*...

At the moment it's not clear what Modena will do, though. The main sponsor DHL left after only a year and Catia Pedrini said they needed a million to have a competitive team, so it's not clear if they'll sell someone or if Catia will put more money on her own/has found other sponsor... (like Casa Modena)

BTW, speaking about Catia Pedrini and Modena MBs, Catia declared that*:

I find ignoble that [Blengini] is pressing all the NT player to bring them to Civitanova and I found unacceptable what they are doing with Matteo Piano.
    I recall to everybody that Matteo is not for sale because he is one of the column on which we inspired our technical (and not only technical) project, with Nema and Earvin then. He won't be give away for any price and title. If we will have 1,2,3 MBs it won't change a thing... Matteo was operated twice in 2 years and if with a strong MBs I can easy a bit the pressure on him to not put him at risk – considering we could play also the CL – I will. My guys aren't 'cannon fodder'.
    The interference of Blengini with the Italian players for Lube needs to stop!

Trovo ignobile che venga fatto pressing su tutti i giocatori della nazionale per cercare di portarli a Civitanova e considero inaccettabile quello che si sta facendo con Matteo Piano. Ricordo a tutti che Matteo è incedibile perché una delle colonne su cui si è ispirato il nostro progetto tecnico e non solo sin dagli inizi e a cui poi si sono aggiunti Nema (Petric, ndr) e Earvin (Ngapeth, ndr). Non verrà ceduto a nessun titolo e prezzo. Se avremo uno, due, tre centrali questo non cambierà nulla... Matteo è un ragazzo che è stato operato due volte in due anni e se con un reparto centrale rinforzato gli posso levare un po’ di pressione per non metterlo a rischio - considerando che potremmo disputare anche la Champions League - lo farò. I miei ragazzi non sono carne da macello. Deve però finire l'ingerenza di Blengini con i giocatori azzurri in chiave Lube!

This is a very serious accusation imho, and another prove that (for us, at least) the double team (NT+Club) doesn't work. Too much conflict of interest, willing or not.
    May be Magri will take it as an opportunity to change the NT coach :P

• News: Piano wrote that nobody contacted him of any team...

Cormio (Lube sport director) said that they are not interested in Piano, because they'll have Cester, Stankovic, Candellaro and Grebennikov + Pesaresi. [One year messing with the foreign rules wasn't enough xD]

He also said that the team is almost complete and there won't be other italians coming. So, according to him, no Lanza. Well, on that I can finally understand Lube: I guess they are done with italian OH with knee injuries...

• Well, on that I can finally understand Lube: I guess they are done with italian OH with knee injuries...

Hmm. That sounds like an accusation to the players.

But if in a club I always have outside hitters with knee problems, I would ask my athletic trainer if perhaps he is doing something wrong.

Greets.

• No no, it wasn't an accusation to the player at all, in case the opposite! It was just a consideration: Mosna said that Lanza needs a surgery and that he will have to do it now – missing Rio – or after the OG, missing the beginning of the season.

After all the problems Lube had last year (and not only) with Parodi and Kovar condition, at their place I would be very very careful to take a player that will be recovering from a knee surgery at the beginning of the season... They say there's no two without three...

Edit: Lanza said that it wasn't an injury but a muscular fatigue due to overloading. Now he is ok and he is working with NT physiotherapist (the same of Trentino) and he won't have surgery neither before or after the OG, because he is confident he can play the whole 2016-17 season without problems, and in case do a knee-cleaning at the end of the season, because now he feels ok and the tendon almost doesn't hurt anymore.
    In fact he explained that now he can do all the 'hard' gym session (with lifting etc, I don't know how to translate it) and two consecutive ball training at his maximum.

Well... Can someone explain to me how a muscular fatigue can be solved with a knee-cleaning? :what: And how can he said he is fine if he need to specify that he can do two training in a row? :what: There is something off in his declaration, imho... It's sounds a lot like postponing something he needs... He also said he didn't even look for the recovering time after a knee-cleaning because he won't do it for now... Also Parodi started the season with a knee-cleaning...

Plus, again consistence voices that despite Trento statement Rado will left. Lorenzetti first choice, Bernardi another possibility, Rado probably in NT, not so sure that it will be only after the OG.
    Other said Rado is staying and Lorenzetti will train the NT.

About Grebennikov, someone said he will go to France (but it doesn't sound like the best option for him, imho). In Lube we have to consider that the rule should be 'if you have a foreign libero, also the second italian libero will count as foreign', so also Pesaresi would count as foreign is Grebennikov is in the player list as liberos... :what:

• Catia Pedrini (Modena) said that if at the end of the month she won't have economical help, she will sell the player and close the team.

"Io, d’accordo con il direttore sportivo Andrea Sartoretti, sto comunque costruendo una squadra che possa competere su tutti i fronti per la prossima stagione perché questo mi impone il mio ruolo e il mercato. Tuttavia, se entro fine giugno non si presenteranno opportunità di ingresso di nuovi capitali, mi vedrò costretta a mettere in vendita i giocatori e a chiudere la società."

• About Grebennikov, someone said he will go to France (but it doesn't sound like the best option for him, imho). In Lube we have to consider that the rule should be 'if you have a foreign libero, also the second italian libero will count as foreign', so also Pesaresi would count as foreign is Grebennikov is in the player list as liberos... :what:

The limit for foreign players really makes it tough for liberos, even the best ones. I hope Grebennikov still finds a good club in Italy/Russia/Poland. Similar situation for Erik Shoji as well. I haven't heared that he signed somewhere. He surely deserves playing in a great club in a good league. :teach: