2016 / 2017 Transfer Rumors & Discussion

• I heard that Steven Marshall (CAN, OH) is going to play in Berlin next season. That probably means that Lotman is leaving.

• It seems that Giovi may go to Verona – he is annoyed by the fact Perugia hasn't confirmed him yet, so I read – but it's not clear who will take his place in Perugia.
    Verona took the portoghese Ferreira as OH, so they need an italian libero.

On the other hands, it seems that Grebennikov will generally be Lube's 4th spiker – except in the CL – in order to play with Stankovic. A crime against volleyball, if this will become true :(

Edit: an usually well informed user of Pasini's blog said the libero situation is very fluid between Lube, Perugia, Modena, Trento and Verona, and we will probably have surprise this week.

• It seems possible an exchange Colaci-Grebennikov between Lube and Trento!

In case, Trento – that hasn't chances at the moment for a top foreign MBs – has already contacts with Buti (that wants to leave Perugia in order not to be the third MB) and may be also Piano, for similar reasons (plus, it seems that Modena staff wasn't so limpid with him about his role in the team next year...)

Interesting solution, imho! But Perugia will still be without libero... It will end up with Pesaresi if Giovi want to leave, I guess...
    [It seems Balaso is staying in Padova]

• Volleyball.it says that if Rado leaves Trento, maybe Lorenzetti will be the new coach and Piano may follow him as he doesn't want to be benched or used in rotation with Holt and Le Roux.

• Last season,
    Gao Qi (Sichuan's OP) is in Italy (Monza?).
    Yu Shi-bo (Liaoning's setter) is in Germany.
    In Season 16/17,
    Who knows where they will go?
    continue playing abroad or return China?

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• Oh gosh :down: there's no possibility to have Pesaresi back? :gone:

Giovi -> Verona
    Pesaresi -> Treia
    Grebennikov -> Trento
    Colaci -> Perugia

Treia weaker. Verona, Perugia and Trento stronger. What a gift from Lube it would be Grebennikov in Trento! :whistle:

To me Grebennikov > Colaci > Giovi > Pesaresi

• Last season,
    Gao Qi (Sichuan's OP) is in Italy (Monza?).
    Yu Shi-bo (Liaoning's setter) is in Germany.
    In Season 16/17,
    Who knows where they will go?
    continue playing abroad or return China?

Yu Shibo left his club in Germany, Gao Qi didnt have much playing time in Monza so I doubt he'll stay.

• On dal15al25 it was suggested an exchange Grebennikov - Colaci: in that case for Treia it would be very interesting too, because they could play with Stankovic and Cester/Candellaro + Colaci, that imho is better than Cester and Candellaro + Grebennikov or Stankovic and Candellaro/Cester + Pesaresi...

BTW, the voices of Rado leaving (and in case Lorenzetti first choice for Trento) are every day stronger and stronger: the problem is that he would like a super team (obviously) but Trento can't afford it (and that was clear too)...

Last very interesting voice (but probably already 'ended'): Rado going to Modena with Giannelli!! (In exchange for Orduna).

The problem is that Giannelli – being that young – still 'belong' to Trento, and they asked a 6 zero payment for him (again, obviously...) and Modena (it seems) said sayonara. May be they'll try putting also Piano in the exchange (my fanta-guess, not a rumor)?

• Pesaresi was solid in defense but he never convinced me 100%. The same for Giov, especially in the last two seasons, he never convinced me totally. The fact is that if Verona wants to improve, they could get some stronger palyers, so I expected something more than Giovi (like last year I expected something more than Starovic) but maybe they don't have money... I hope Giovi can prove me wrong :D

• I'd be happy if I were you, he's the strongest italian libero and also the rest of the team is amazing :super:

There was Balaso free before he renewed with Padova, that's why I'm not so happy. Anyway I still think we are a beautiful loser team next season. :whistle:

• Trentino is interested in Manavienejad, so is Shahrdari Urumia. He will decide after WL consulting with IRIVF.

If he doesnt accept this I will kill myself. :wall: