2016 / 2017 Transfer Rumors & Discussion

• Ernardo Gómez of PAOK Thessaloniki is injured and he will loose the rest of the seazon
    Rumors for the Bulgarian OPP Boyan Yordanov of Kifissia v.c

In football there are many sites where we can find info about players free agents salary value etc(transfermarkt)
    in volleyball?

• In football there are many sites where we can find info about players free agents salary value etc(transfermarkt)
    in volleyball?

Not really. Football is widespread, scouting networks are well-developed, there are a lot of professionals or even enthusiasts who can maintain a similar database. Besides, major clubs have internal departments dealing with those kind of things. No need to say that resources are not an issue. In comparison, volleyball clubs, and by that I mean even professional clubs in decent European leagues, sometimes struggle to find full-time scouts in charge of statistics. Not all players have agents, they often end up being in "darkness" and have to promote themselves. A system where one can find relatively relevant information is FIVB's players' online database where they apply for necessary certificates. However, even the information there is not always accurate, up-to-date, or complete for, you know, all players there are.

Regarding transfers, they are often based on individual observation, recommendations, stats sheets, and connections. If necessary, even looking for a player's social account, let's say Facebook, I know such examples, is an option. Or talking to a player's former club's scoutsman. Sure, there are perhaps more modern ways to recruit a free agent or a player, but it is more challenging for foreign signings. On a broader scale, volleyball has a long way to go.

One additional aspect that makes market value irrelevant in volleyball is that most transfers, to my knowledge, concern free agents where no transfer amount is paid to previous club. Clubs spend their resources for salaries, not transfer fees, thus a player's real value would be difficult to establish. But it will surely be helpful to know how many players are waiting for a contract or what the validity of their current one is.

• Thanks!
    I am a football supporter first but i follow my club in vollleyball basketball handball etc
    You are from Balkan and i think you know what i mean
    I think volleyball is underrated by the people that are running the sport...

• Teodor Todorov (Bulgarian NT MB) is close to another stay at Gazprom-Ugra Surgut. If he signs, he will be probably only used for the CEV Cup as they already have 2 foreigners - Brdjovic and Krsmanovic.

• Teodor Todorov (Bulgarian NT MB) is close to another stay at Gazprom-Ugra Surgut. If he signs, he will be probably only used for the CEV Cup as they already have 2 foreigners - Brdjovic and Krsmanovic.

IMHO totally wrong move for him and Gazprom Ugra. Todorov was injured for a long time and needs to play as many matches as he can to regain shape. Ugra isnt even sure to overcome Olympiacos so if they lose there is he going to play? Ugra has major problem with wing spikers, mainly OH's after Volkov and Semenov's departures.

• PAOK is interesting for the Argentinian OPP Federico Pereyra(Obras UDAP Voley)
    Someone who knows the player?Skills etc?

Bulgarian OPP Boyan Yordanov of Kifissia v.c rumors for Turkey afyonkarahisar belediyespor

• Catastrophic?
    Why?
    His skills?Greek league isnt so strong anymore....
    His character?Injuries?

• Pereyra is a really good player, he played for Argentina in the 2012 OG. I really like him. He has very powerful spikes.
    Born19 June 1988 (age 2 8 )Height2.00 m (6 ft 7 in)Weight99 kg (218 lb)Spike335 cm (132 in)Block325 cm (128 in)

He`s a video of him playing in London.

[media]

[media]

here`s a video from 2014 Argentina vs Japan ( I don`t know what is his performance in this game)

[media]

[media]

in 2013 vs USA (He`s number 12)
    [media]

[media]

• one fan and one hater ...choose your way !

Les pieds dans le fumier, mais toujours le verbe haut et la tête droite ! Cocorico !

• so based on 3 videos with appearances dating back a few years ago Pereyra is good player :rolll: :aww: check his stats in Noliko, even in Belgium league and everything will be clear.

le coq gaulois

I'm not a hater but Pereyra is waaaay overestimated player, one of the worst OPP Argentina had. U think Velasco played without him on OG and WL last year just because he dont like Pereyra?

Catastrophic?
    Why?
    His skills?Greek league isnt so strong anymore....
    His character?Injuries?

Luis Gonzalez from PAO is way better player than Pereyra.

• Pereyra isn't such a disaster, but not so good either. NT coach tried him as opposite for years, but it never worked; they had to convert their best OH to that position since they couldn't find any good solution till this summer with Bruno Lima. I guess this talks for itself. He doesn't fit high level volleyball IMHO.

• Don`t be dumb, these 3 videos was to show him playing. I`ve seen him playing far more than in these 3 videos only.

But just like he said, the level in Greece is not that strong, which means Pererya would do just fine.

And if he was cut from the NT does not means he does not belong to the high level volleyball. Playing at club and NT team are 2 different things, if we would consider all the players that has ever been cut or did not make to their NT, we would be saying 95% of all player out there in the world can`t play at the high level. :obey:

• Vladislav Ivanov (Bulgarian NT libero, Levski Ball) played his last match for Levski last night. He signed with Steaua Bucharest in the Romanian league. The move was confirmed by Vladimir Nikolov but as I haven't seen it officially elsewhere yet, I will mention it as definitive when he makes his debut for the Romanians.