Brazilian NT 2016

• Bernardinho released a preliminary list of the players joining the trainings this year:

S: Bruno (Modena), William (Sada Cruzeiro), Raphael (Funvic/Taubaté)
    OPP: Wallace Souza (Sada Cruzeiro), Evandro (Suntory Sunbirds), Wallace Martins (Brasil Kirin)
    OHs: Murilo (SESI), Lucarelli (Funvic/Taubaté), Lipe (Funvic/Taubaté), Lucas Lóh (Brasil Kirin), Douglas Souza (SESI)
    MBs: Lucão (Modena), Isac (Sada Cruzeiro), Éder (Sada Cruzeiro), Maurício Souza (Brasil Kirin), Sidão (SESI)
    L: Serginho (SESI), Tiago Brendle (Brasil Kirin)

Names that can still be called until tournaments begin: Maurício Borges (Arkas Izmir), Leandro Vissotto (JT Thunders), Dante (Panasonic Panthers)

Great to see Douglas integrating the adult team full time. I'd be shocked if he isn't one of our best players by 2020. The only surprises for me were Wallace Martins (i doubt he'll be among the 12 for the OG anyway) and FINALLY the absence of Mário Jr. (L). Good riddance. Thank god Bernardinho finally realized how much better Brendle is.

• Wallace Martins from Brasil Kirin is waste of time. :wall:

Great to see Douglas from Sesi.

My final roster for RIO 2016

S: Bruno, William

OPP: Wallace Souza, Evandro

OH: Murilo, Lucarelli, Douglas and Lucas Loh

MB: Isac, Lucão, Eder

Libero: Serginho

• I loved seeing Douglas on the list, great chance for him to go to the games since Lipe made a bad season and Lucas Loh has the same characteristics as Murilo.

And I'm so glad that we don't have to deal with Mário Jr. anymore, thnks Bernardinho to see that Brendle is so much better than him. :woohoo:

• I strongly dislike Maurício as a person, but right now I find him better than Éder, who I never truly enjoyed seeing in the NT. Other than that, I agree with Medina's list 100%. I hope Douglas takes Lipe's spot too.

• Eder is actually my favorite Brazilian player right now. Lipe was one of my favorites until the incident with the coach, now I don`t have respect for him anymore.

I strongly dislike Maurício as a person, but right now I find him better than Éder, who I never truly enjoyed seeing in the NT. Other than that, I agree with Medina's list 100%. I hope Douglas takes Lipe's spot too.

• I wish Luizinho and Pia ( Brazil Kirin) were on the list. But I dont think they ever played with the NT?,

Brazil has so many great players, they could create like 12 different teams and they all would still be a favorite to win any tournament they played.

• I wish Luizinho and Pia ( Brazil Kirin) were on the list. But I dont think they ever played with the NT?,

Brazil has so many great players, they could create like 12 different teams and they all would still be a favorite to win any tournament they played.

I think both are good for club level only. Luizinho isn't even among the best MBs we have imo; Otávio, Riad, Leandro Aracaju, Flávio, Deivid, Pedrão and Gustavão are all better, not to mention Tiago Barth, Victor Hugo and Tarcício Guinter. It's ridiculous how many good MBs Brazil has, although not all these would fare well in an international level.

I'm already more curious to see how the NT will look like once Rio-16 is over, as I expect Murilo, William, Raphael, Éder, Sérgio and Sidão to retire.

• ous to see how the NT will look like once Rio-16 is over, as I expect Murilo, William, Raphael, Éder, Sérgio and Sidão

Brazil its supposed to finally have another great generation of outside hitters.. there are a lot of younger players with a huge potential.

others position besides Opp will at least stay in the same level.

Opp its not a secure position in the future IMO

• Brazil its supposed to finally have another great generation of outiside hitters.. there are a lot of young's players with a huge potential.

I hope Rodriguinho keeps developing well. A line-up of Lucarelli + Lucas Lóh + Douglas Souza + Rodriguinho looks rather solid for the next years. Perhaps João Rafael and Kadu too. Japa from Taubaté could be given a chance in the NT as well, I'm a fan of his.

As for OPPs, Franco is by far my favorite. Then there's Rafael Araújo (eh), Alan (still too young) and Luan, who needs to play in a better club asap.

• Lucas is ammonster in the Italian League, he will really be a headache for the other teams I guess

• I hope Rodriguinho keeps developing well. A line-up of Lucarelli + Lucas Lóh + Douglas Souza + Rodriguinho looks rather solid for the next years. Perhaps João Rafael and Kadu too. Japa from Taubaté could be given a chance in the NT as well, I'm a fan of his.

As for OPPs, Franco is by far my favorite. Then there's Rafael Araújo (eh), Alan (still too young) and Luan, who needs to play in a better club asap.

I would add Djalma as OH.

• Gustavo Endre`s older son, I think he is 15-16 and is almost Gustavo`s height 6'7, he plays as Middle Blocker?

I think both are good for club level only. Luizinho isn't even among the best MBs we have imo; Otávio, Riad, Leandro Aracaju, Flávio, Deivid, Pedrão and Gustavão are all better, not to mention Tiago Barth, Victor Hugo and Tarcício Guinter. It's ridiculous how many good MBs Brazil has, although not all these would fare well in an international level.

I'm already more curious to see how the NT will look like once Rio-16 is over, as I expect Murilo, William, Raphael, Éder, Sérgio and Sidão to retire.

• Brazil and Slovenia are playing a couple of friendly matches before the WL. The first one took place tonight and Brazil won 3-1 (21/25, 25/18, 25/22, 25/22). Next one will be played on Monday (05/23).

Lineups were as follows:
    Brazil: William, Wallace, Éder, Maurício Souza, Lucas Loh, Lucarelli, Serginho/Brendle (L); Raphael, Evandro.
    Slovenia: Vincic, Gasparini, Koncilja, Pajenk, Urnaut, Sket, Kovacic (L); Ropret, Toncek Stern, Klobucar, Stalekar.

• Apparently Bernardinho's already begun making cuts for the OG: Wallace Martins (OPP), Rapha (S) and Lucas Lóh (OH) are out. Franco (OPP) and Aracaju (MB), who were training with the team, have also been released.

I'm honestly surprised Lóh is out. 8| I was certain he'd be the 4th OH. This brings a lot of questions now though: is Bernardo taking Douglas as 4th OH (or Maurício Borges :aww:) or is he taking Brendle as second libero (due to Serginho's age) or a 5th MB?

By the way, now Bruno/William and Wallace/Evandro are set as setters and opposites, respectively, for Rio.

• Sidão has been cut from the NT. 15 names are left:

S: Bruno, William
    OPP: Wallace, Evandro
    OHs: Murilo, Lucarelli, Lipe, Douglas, Maurício B.
    MBs: Lucão, Isac, Éder, Maurício S.
    L: Serginho, Tiago Brendle

Either one MB/OH/L will be cut next or one MB and two OHs (considering there's a slim chance Bernardo may take Brendle as backup to Serginho due to his age).