Brazilian NT 2016

• thats also list for WL matches in Serbia?

• ^ Lucão didn't travel to Serbia with the team as he's in the hospital with his wife, who just had their baby. So I assume the other 14 are in Serbia right now.

• ^ Lucão didn't travel to Serbia with the team as he's in the hospital with his wife, who just had their baby. So I assume the other 14 are in Serbia right now.

Are you sure? I read in some Brazilian site he is in Belgrade, and IRIVF announced Serbia teams rosters which there was Lucao and no Murilo (replaced by Borges)

• What's Mauricio Souza's condition? I read today that Bernardinho planned to replace him even if he is partially fit. Sidao rejected the invitation, however. Is it true and is Mauricio playing after all?

• What's Mauricio Souza's condition? I read today that Bernardinho planned to replace him even if he is partially fit. Sidao rejected the invitation, however. Is it true and is Mauricio playing after all?

It seems that he felt pain in his hamstring. According to this blog, exams didn't show anything serious and he probably won't be cut from the roster. In my opinion, it just seems like Voloch (who posted an "interview" with Sidão) is blowing things out of the water, as usual.

• It seems that he felt pain in his hamstring. According to this blog, exams didn't show anything serious and he probably won't be cut from the roster. In my opinion, it just seems like Voloch (who posted an "interview" with Sidão) is blowing things out of the water, as usual.

Thanks! Although the fact that we talk about probabilities on the Olympics opening day is serious enough.

• Thanks! Although the fact that we talk about probabilities on the Olympics opening day is serious enough.

Yeah, no matter how serious it is, the timing definitely sucks. Sure he could skip the match against Mexico and avoid any complications, but I hope he gets better and is able to play afterwards.

• First of all, WE ARE OLYMPIC CHAMPIONS ONCE AGAIN! :cheesy:

Now begins one of my favorite parts: the speculation about who should join the NT this next Olympic cycle. Serginho is done for good and I don't expect to see players like William, Evandro and Éder in 2020, so it opens up a few spots within the team.

Lipe had an amazing tournament, but I hope Bernardinho (or whoever coaches the team from now on) starts using Douglas Souza more as a starter. Isac should return, as well as Tiago Brendle. It's the backup setter and opposite positions I'm more curious about at this point.

• I think that William, Éder and Evandro is done with NT after this OG. Douglas Souza for sure need to play full matches as starter, soon as possible.

Lipe did an amazing tournament, but he is already 32 y.o, I hope that Bernardinho or whoever coach from now on, don't call him anymore and give a chance for a new OH to develop, this is the most needed position of stable players.

For the backup setter position I bet on Thiaguinho (lets see what he will do in Molfetta this season) or Fernando Cachopa, for me the backpup opposite is the most indefinite.

• Setter: the Guy who played last season in poland, Thiaguinho, Fernando Cachopa
    Outsider hitter: Lucarelli, Maurício Borges, Douglas Souza, Rodrigo leão, Leozinho, Kadu, João Rafael and Alê.
    Opp: Franco, Rafael, Rena buiati ( last chance btw), The Evandro's Back up from Sada Cruzeiro who played as starter against Poland.

• Lipe did an amazing tournament, but he is already 32 y.o, I hope that Bernardinho or whoever coach from now on, don't call him anymore and give a chance for a new OH to develop, this is the most needed position of stable players.

For the backup setter position I bet on Thiaguinho (lets see what he will do in Molfetta this season) or Fernando Cachopa, for me the backpup opposite is the most indefinite.

I wouldn't straight up cut Lipe from the roster at all, especially not after what he did these last games, but I really want to see Douglas playing more asap.

My problem with both Thiaguinho and Cachopa remain the same: their height. Sure there's Toniutii and William to prove that shorter setters can play in an international level, but still. As far as the opposite goes, I hope Franco gets a chance (he was called to train with the team for Rio after all). Other than that, there's Luan (who gets injured way too often) and Alan from Sada Cruzeiro I guess. It's too bad Renan Buiatti never became the player he could be with his 2,17m.

I hope Otávio, Flávio, Éder Levi, Pedrão and Aracaju can get calls to the NT for the MB position, at least to play some smaller tournament or less important matches. Same for Rodriguinho and Kadu (and perhaps Leonardo, Ary and Alê as well) as OHs, although this is more wishful thinking. :D

• Brazil and Portugal played the first of two friendly games today. The match was held in the Arena da Baixada stadium in Curitiba and Brazil won 3-0 (25/17, 25/13, 25/16). Next one will take place tomorrow in the Mané Garrincha stadium in Brasília at 10 AM local time.

After the game, Lipe announced that he's leaving the NT. He's open to come back if he's called and in good shape though.

• Second match finished a while ago and Brazil won 3-1. Last set was shortened to 15 points due to the heat and ended with an ace service by Serginho. :D

What's interesting about today is that Aracaju (MB) and 19-yo Vaccari (OH) were both with the team surprisingly. Bernardinho mentioned in an interview after the game that they're already working to build a team for next year, so it's safe to say both will join the NT, most likely full time, starting next season.