Italy NT 2016

• The roster is fine to me, the only problem is to give this team an identity.. it all depends on Zaytsev and the position he will have: sincerely I prefer him as OPP, but it is important that in these three weeks the team will work for find their best line up and chemistry.

• Tell me only one player whose level didn't drop while working with Blengini :whistle:
    Grebennikov? , Christenson ?, Juantorena?, Giannelli?, Zaytsev ?, Stankovic?, Podrascanin?, Cebulj?, Lanza?, Vettori?, Colaci?,

I know, you know, everybody knows Italy won't win anything with current mentality and coaching despite having one of the most talented group of players.

• Italy roster for Rio 2016

Palleggiatori: Pasquale Sottile, Simone Giannelli

Centrali: Matteo Piano, Simone Buti, Emanuele Birarelli

Schiacciatori: Oleg Antonov, Osmany Juantorena, Filippo Lanza, Ivan Zaytsev, Luca Vettori, Salvatore Rossini (back row)

Libero: Massimo Colaci

corrected :wavy:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• I agree scarpetta. I'm not positive at all even if we have a good roster and strong players.. I just hope the players themselves Will give their best, changing the mentality they showed through out the summer.

• Italy is a generous country, we train our opponents and give them some of the best coaches in the world. We used to be great 20 years ago, so we don't need to prove anything :cheesy:

Well, Italy just needs to put the Italian players at first, and the opponents in second in the league. Finally the women`s league woke up and will have that new rule with only 3 foreign on the court, same as Turkey...

Because if Italy keeps putting their opponents at first like they do right now, and not giving enough chances for the Italians ..... Everybody will just keep better and Italy will just keeping falling behind....the Italian men has not won anything in how many years 10? 15? 20?????
    They could end up just like NED..

• Well, Italy just needs to put the Italian players at first, and the opponents in second in the league. Finally the women`s league woke up and will have that new rule with only 3 foreign on the court, same as Turkey...

Because if Italy keeps putting their opponents at first like they do right now, and not giving enough chances for the Italians ..... Everybody will just keep better and Italy will just keeping falling behind....the Italian men has not won anything in how many years 10? 15? 20?????
    They could end up just like NED..

2005 European Championships, 11 years ago

• back in 2005?? That is really crazy..

in the 90`s There were only a few countries playing volleyball at the highest level...now in 2016 we have many many more countries playing at the highest level....

• back in 2005?? That is really crazy..

in the 90`s There were only a few countries playing volleyball at the highest level...now in 2016 we have many many more countries playing at the highest level....

Are you sure? I don't see many differences. The top volleyball countries are more or less the same ones, the only difference is that right now we have Poland at good level, on the contrary in the 90s we had Netherlands instead of Poland. Moreover, right now we don't have Cuba (for many reasons which don't concern sport), while in the 90s Cuba was strong (Despaigne :heart: ).So what?

If we won nothing in the last 10 years, that's because our volleyball (just like every team sports) is declining, meanwhile Serbia, Poland, Russia (and now even France) have been stronger and more talented than us

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

• Are you sure? I don't see many differences. The top volleyball countries are more or less the same ones, the only difference is that right now we have Poland at good level, on the contrary in the 90s we had Netherlands instead of Poland. Moreover, right now we don't have Cuba (for many reasons which don't concern sport), while in the 90s Cuba was strong (Despaigne :heart: ).So what?

If we won nothing in the last 10 years, that's because our volleyball (just like every team sports) is declining, meanwhile Serbia, Poland, Russia (and now even France) have been stronger and more talented than us

:olympia:

Cuba won silver medal in the 2010 Word Championship.
    Bronze at the 2005 and 2012 WL, plus finished 4th 2009 and 2010.
    Gold at the 2001 Grand Champions Cup, plus Silver in 2009.

Bulgaria 4th place in London, plus Bronze Medal at the 2006 world Championship.

Germany bronze medal at the 2014 World Championship.

France gold at the 2015 World League.

Slovenia silver at the most recent European CH.

Canada making to the Olympics after like 20 years..

Plus u have Argentina that got a lot better...

Iran and Australia didn't exist back then.....

Netherlands are still playing but theres not only Russia,Italy,Serbia on the way for them to be one of the best European's.... Like it was in the 90s.

• Obviously not the result we were expecting, but you can't win an Olympic gold without a MB.

Blengini seems to have been confirmed all the way to 2018 WCH in Italy/Bulgaria.

I expect Juantorena to retire from NT within a few days, he won his medal and probably has zero motivations left in life.

A part of me wants Lanza to disappear forever but it's unfair to throw him to the dogs over one horrible match.

It was a big disappointment but Italy will survive and "try" to win gold in 4 years, as usual.

Now let's focus on the junior NT (which is doing very well) and hopefully we will finally have a team with a decent player in every role.

• I was thinking about this yesterday: who's Italy gonna use as MBs from now on? Birarelli and Buti are both already relatively old, so it only leaves Piano for 2020. Who's left in Serie A1? Anzani?

It'd be shitty for Juantorena to leave the NT after like a year, so I expect him to continue playing at least until the WCH. Lanza sucked in the final, but he's still a solid player and deserves to stay.

• he won his medal and probably has zero motivations left in life.

OMG, Im sorry but that was a really sad thing to say , and so clueless for you to say that, do you even know anything about him personaly? And please dont even need to respond back.... :offtopic:

• With them it was a clear sabotage strategy for USA and France at the OG, can't you see that? :lol:

And it worked!!! Shame on Lorenzetti that didn't do the same with Bruninho! :lol: :lol:

I was thinking about this yesterday: who's Italy gonna use as MBs from now on? Birarelli and Buti are both already relatively old, so it only leaves Piano for 2020. Who's left in Serie A1? Anzani?

It'd be shitty for Juantorena to leave the NT after like a year, so I expect him to continue playing at least until the WCH. Lanza sucked in the final, but he's still a solid player and deserves to stay.

I read the young MB Galassi from Trento juniores is quite promising. Anzani imho will be one of the first considered to replace the actual MBs, with Cester (at least if Blengini will be the coach, as it seems despite him being Lube coach...)

About Juantorena, it will also depend on the coach, but imho considering that Italy didn't won the gold AGAIN, that the players seemed to be fine together and that for now we lack of others decent OHs except the three in Rio may be he will stay until the WCH...

• Gianelli has nice smile, Lanza nothing special, 4 me.

I think Lanza is the most handsome volleyball player, he looks like a model. ( he is not even my favorite as Eder, Zaytsev and Kubiak are my favorites).

Also, I just read that Blengini got a lot of buzz on social media in Brazil, everyone saying how cute he is.