Russian NT 2016

• Sad news, problems on all fronts for Alekno :white: I read on WoV that also Grankin has physical problems. What a mess.....

Is it just my personal impression that russian team/players are struggling more with physical problems than other nations' players? i am not sure about this but if true, it is maybe time to review physical education on youth, club and NT level?!

I mentioned above that Muserskiy looked unwell so not surprising news. Would be curious to see what the team is worth without him. I think the Grankin problem is less of a worry, they just made sure that he won't get worse.

Regarding the condition, I would blame drinking habits I agree, most of the players would have a couple of surgeries done by the age of 30 and the number of injured players is a bit scary. There are two aspects that do not depend on the physical education however, which are (i) the commute that itself doesn't add much to the fitness and limits the time for e.g. gym or recovery and (ii) physical/heroic nature of volleyball with a clear skew towards individual excellence rather than team performance. Of note, players with different background had health problems in Rus championship too (Stanley, Zaytsev etc).

I would say there aren't many weird cases like that of Volkov and now Muserskiy, who were playing with injuries and then struggling to recover.

• Yeah injury.. operations.. conditions.. doping that's all.

I'm almost sure Gamova wanted to avoid doping scandal so She disappeared from volleyball.

• I won't be surprised if You say truth Bartek ^^

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Russia won the EOQ without Muserskiy, and Russia played terrible with him at the World League..and he had a horrible performance at the WL.....Im im still surprised about this injury :whistle: :whistle:

• lmao they're not even subtle trying to hide that this is because of doping. There's no reason at all to not disclose what injury he's sustained unless it's like I don't know, something on his genital area?

Wonder if any other player will soon be cut due to an undisclosed injury as well... :whistle:

• Yeah...then by 2020 we will find out that Brazil dopped and Italy will be awarded the gold, and Bulgaria the silver. Then by 2024 we will learn that Italy dopped and then Bulgaria gets the Gold olololololo :box: :cheesy: :cheesy: :flower:

• Quoted from "Bartek"

Is that true Russia will lose Medals from Sochi?

Hard to say. The only proof are words of Grigory Rodchenkov. Hopefully it will be enough.

Last time when we had the case based on the words of witness was 2003 Iraq. I would like to see little bit more evedences that just the words about all this stuff.

• With IOC's decision, I wonder if Alexander Markin will be allowed to play in the Olympics. There were doping allegations against him, but he was not really "punished", so it's an unclear situation to me. It would sure be a risk to nominate him...

• With IOC's decision, I wonder if Alexander Markin will be allowed to play in the Olympics. There were doping allegations against him, but he was not really "punished", so it's an unclear situation to me. It would sure be a risk to nominate him...

Still unclear AFAIC. That is, yes, he has been cleared of allegations and is considered doping-free but the way the IOC decision is spelled out allows various interpretations, which in turn, depends on FIVB. (Which, in turn, may be affected by potential media exposure). By the way, Markin is less interesting case here than Grankin and Berezhko who were on the meldonium list too, just as the rest of Dinamo Msk. I assume noone wants new cases to be even mentioned so there is a chance that this was the true reason why Berezhko has lost his spot in the team. He is widely admitted to be injured but at the same time the press sec of Dinamo said in early July that Berezhko was absolutely OK.

• As I thought, Markin was not allowed to play OG from FIVB (source).

I fully agree with the argument that Max Holt should be banned as well under the given circumstances...

that argument missed the point.

to answer the question in the article "If this measure is only directed against Russia but no other country?"
    of course, yes. it's designed to punish russia only for running a doping program at the state level. that's
    the whole verdict is about.