Brazil NT 2017

• If there's one thing I want the new coach to improve on the NT is that he has to pick good looking players more. :drink: I was heavily appalled by so many things in the selecao after Jaque basically drank the life left on Murilo that the NT has to suffer on the looks department and still I have to suffer looking at the pitiful skills being shown by some players. :call:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Renan Dal Zotto called 12 players for early trainings in the NT camp. This is not the official list, as it only includes those whose clubs' seasons are already (or almost) over.

Setters:
    Murilo Radke (Montes Claros Vôlei)
    Thiago Veloso (Thiaguinho) (Exprivia Molfetta - Italy)

Middle-blockers:
    Flávio Gualberto (Minas Tênis Clube)
    Wennder Lopes (São Bernardo Vôlei)
    Thiago Barth (Sesc-RJ)

Outside-hitters:
    João Rafael (Exprivia Molfetta - Italy)
    Alisson Melo (Lebes/Gedore/Canoas)

Opposites:
    Rafael Araújo (MKS Bedzin - Poland)
    Renan Buiatti (JF Vôlei)
    Luan Weber (Montes Claros Vôlei)

Liberos:
    Thales Hoss (Lebes/Gedore/Canoas)
    Felipe Lourenço (Copel Telecom/Maringá)

• I have to say this is a really good-looking team though. :dance4:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• 2017 roster:

Setters:
    Bruno Rezende (SESI-SP), Raphael Oliveira (Funvic/Taubaté), Murilo Radke (Montes Claros)

Opposites:
    Wallace Souza (Funvic/Taubaté)*, Evandro Guerra (Sada Cruzeiro), Renan Buiatti (JF Vôlei)

Outside Hitters:
    Ricardo Lucarelli (Funvic/Taubaté), Maurício Borges (Arkasspor), Felipe Fonteles (Halkbank Ankara), Douglas Souza (SESI-SP), Lucas Lóh (Funvic/Taubaté), Rodrigo Leão (Sada Cruzeiro)

Middle Blockers:
    Éder Carbonera (Funvic/Taubaté), Lucas Saatkamp (SESI-SP), Otávio Pinto (Funvic/Taubaté), Maurício Souza (Vôlei Brasil Kirin)

Liberos:
    Tiago Brendle (Vôlei Brasil Kirin), Thales Hoss (Lebes/Gedore/Canoas)

*Wallace is probably skipping the preliminary stages of the World League as his son is gonna be born that month.
    ----------------------------------------------------

William Arjona (S) asked Renan Dal Zotto to skip World League altogether to be with his family. He'll be available for further tournaments later this year though. Isac Viana (MB) is being rested due his current physical condition; apparently he has a couple of injuries that need treatment.

• Besides Eder and Evandro, I don't find this list as bad. I would probably would go with Flavio instead or some of the younger opposites but I guess keeping some of the old ones might be good for the younger players in the lineup.

#FreeBritney

• does anyone knows Brazilian roster for the 1st WL weekend :drink:

Here it is:

S: Bruno, Murilo Radke
    OPP: Evandro, Renan Buiatti
    OHs: Lucarelli, Maurício B., Douglas, Rodriguinho
    MBs: Lucão, Maurício S., Otávio, Éder
    L: Tiago Brendle, Thales

Coach Renan Dal Zotto even revealed the starter lineup: Bruno, Evandro, Lucarelli, Lucão, Maurício S., Brendle.
    Only name that is missing is the second OH (hopefully it is between Douglas and Rodriguinho).

Raphael (S) lost his father recently so that is probably the reason as to why he didn't travel with the team.

• I don`t get it, Brazil is qualified for the Finals, so why are veterans are playing? They could just use this opportunity to let the youngesters play and gain some experience. Then if the veterans wants to play in the Finals because will be played in the stadium, that`s fine.

but at the same time there`s really not many youngesters in this roster.

I don`t get what is Brazil`s plan. Bruno is 30 and in Tokyo will be 34, he`s fine. But William and Raphael will be 41, if they can play in Tokyo will great, but after that then what? They will need Bruno to play until he`s 38, and still will have a back with not much experience, and if that will be Radke he will 31.

Same goes for Evandro, he`s 35, Eder 33 ( and he`s my favorite player) Lucas 31,
    even Renan and Mauricio are 27 and in Tokyo will be 31.

Only hope is Rodrigo and Douglas, but they will probably get cut when Lipe (32) comes back.

Who should be playing this year are, Radke, Thiago, Joao Rafael, Renan ( as main starter), Rafael Araujo,Lucas Loh,Flavio,Allison,Luan Weber, and so on.... and even with these players Brazil could still win the World League and Champions Cup.

I guess Brazil will make history in the Olympics by playing with the oldest team ever, almost everyone will be passed over 35. And hopefully they won`t end up just like the women`s team did, loosing for the youngest team.

:obey: :obey: :obey: :obey: :obey:

• Murilo Radke and Rafael Araujo seems to have been dismissed from training with the NT.

I'm guessing Thiaguinho will probably be called for WGCC instead. Or maybe Raphael or William. God Brazil young setters need some working to do to surpass these ancient guys. :whistle:

Lipe and Evandro are injured so probably Renan will be the back-up for this season season and no problen for the OH anyway. They are after all moving away from Lipe since he will probably retire from the selecao after this year. I thought he was retired after rio to be honest. :white:

#FreeBritney

• Murilo Radke and Rafael Araujo seems to have been dismissed from training with the NT.

I'm guessing Thiaguinho will probably be called for WGCC instead. Or maybe Raphael or William. God Brazil young setters need some working to do to surpass these ancient guys. :whistle:

Lipe and Evandro are injured so probably Renan will be the back-up for this season season and no problen for the OH anyway. They are after all moving away from Lipe since he will probably retire from the selecao after this year. I thought he was retired after rio to be honest. :white:

Radke is not NT material, he should not be called anymore to be honest. Both Raphael and William still wanna go to Tokyo, so I doubt we are gonna see any changes in the setter position until 2020.

I thought Lipe had retired too and honestly I wish he did. He did his part in the team already.Time to give room to Lóh, Rodriguinho and Douglas. By the way, I am terribly disappointed that Douglas is gonna have to play with the U23 team instead of the adult one :wall: What a waste of time.

• I still prefer Thiaguinho but other NTs are upgrading their setters to taller ones so they can block better and make plays faster without the need to constantly doing jump sets. Murilo is such a disaster in the world league. I still wish him the best but Brazil invested with this guy so much time and resources which makes me wonder what the hell were they thinking on keeping him in the NT?

#FreeBritney

• Just saw Murilo Radke's training on his Instagram stories and I have to say he's not developing the way I want him to. :white:

#FreeBritney

• intersting, so his suspension started at March 2016 ?(

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Not sure when exactly, but most likely, yeah. He probably filed the request around this time.

I somehow had 2019 in my mind and it seems that my memory did not trick me.

Obviously FIVB initially sent a letter to Brazilian Federation with the wrong date and corrected it now. Leal will be allowed to play for Brazil only from April 2019 :teach:

source: https://globoesporte.globo.com…ir-de-abril-de-2019.ghtml