2017 - 2018 transfer news

• And - as perfectly known by everybody - now Stoytchev in Modena is official ;)
    He signed for three years and with him they're starting a new cycle and a multi-years project, with the aim to grow new young players mixing them with great experienced players and to promote volley in the territory.

Modena also presented the new vicepresident, Giulia Gabana, daughter of Marcello Gabana (who died in an elicopter accident in 2009). He was sponsor and then president of Monza-Montichiari.
    So now it's easier to understand how Modena could afford Bruno, Stoytchev etc

Probably tomorrow Lube will announce Medei (?) as coach.

• Michal Masny (S) joins Cuprum Mundo Lubin
    http://www.plusliga.pl/news/id/31415.html

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• And - as perfectly known by everybody - now Stoytchev in Modena is official ;)
    He signed for three years and with him they're starting a new cycle and a multi-years project, with the aim to grow new young players mixing them with great experienced players and to promote volley in the territory.

Modena also presented the new vicepresident, Giulia Gabana, daughter of Marcello Gabana (who died in an elicopter accident in 2009). He was sponsor and then president of Monza-Montichiari.
    So now it's easier to understand how Modena could afford Bruno, Stoytchev etc

Probably tomorrow Lube will announce Medei (?) as coach.

Is it just me that sees some kind of trouble or inexplicable weirdness in the decision to put Stoychev alongside Bruno and Ngapeth in the same team? And mostly with Ngapeth actually. A head coach that relies strictly on discipline versus coaching a player not really famous for his discipline who, albeit a volleyball genius of his own, strange type, would surely drive his coach crazy. I am sure Stoychev sees it as a great, personal challenge, though.

• I have to said I'm very curious to see how it will work out too.

I guess that working with Stoytchev isn't the easiest thing to do, as we learned by players he trained in the past (Juantorena isn't in love with him, and last year even Lanza and Colaci – players that he made, practically – were ready to leave Trento if he was staying; and Djuric actually did it).
    On the other hand, he clearly has a winning mentality and he usually transmits it to the players, so that's something in common they can focus on. And probably at least with Bruno they can agree on the necessity to work hard, since I don't think Bernardinho is less tough than Stoytchev from this point of view. Work-work-work! I'm less sure about Ngapeth in that compartment, though.
    Plus, I guess they're all aware they'll have to adjust to each other character and temperament, and that awareness may help too. The will have to put al the prejudice/judgment aside, start like it's a blank page.
    I think that the first thing Stoytchev will need to do is being transparent about his method and his ideas.

But why Modena choose him?
    First of all, the team clearly had discipline problem this season: Pedrini few weeks ago even said she wants to elaborate an 'ethical code' that every player will have to sign and to respect. The punishments for not respecting it weren't clear (I wonder if a fee could be enough...), but I think we can agree that if they need something like that, it means someone didn't behave perfectly (I wonder who :whistle:). May be they thought a tough coach like Stoytchev could help with that.
    Secondly, Pedrini always loved him.
    Third, he is simply one of the best coach of world, so may be they thought he's worth a try.

• A few new transfers from the Brazilian market:

SESI-SP hired Olympic champion Lipe Fonteles (OH, Halkbank Ankara) and Alan Souza (OPP, Sada Cruzeiro).
    SESC-RJ hired André Aleixo (aka Japa, OH) from Funvic/Taubaté.

• A few new transfers from the Brazilian market:

SESI-SP hired Olympic champion Lipe Fonteles (OH, Halkbank Ankara) and Alan Souza (OPP, Sada Cruzeiro).
    SESC-RJ hired André Aleixo (aka Japa, OH) from Funvic/Taubaté.

Why does Sesi need so many OH's and Opposites!? They now have Alan Souza,Theo and I think Paese as OPP, then Douglas Souza, Silmar (Pia), Fabio, Lipe, and rumours about Lucas Loh arriving.

• Why does Sesi need so many OH's and Opposites!? They now have Alan Souza,Theo and I think Paese as OPP, then Douglas Souza, Silmar (Pia), Fabio, Lipe, and rumours about Lucas Loh arriving.

Théo is leaving. I don't know if Lucas Lóh is going to SESI now that they've hired Lipe, hopefully he doesn't. They still have Vaccari too.

• Michal Finger from Friedrichshafen to Monza

He won't leave with too many regrets. Watch Heynen going berzerk on him during final Bundesliga match: 8|

http://sportdeutschland.tv/vbl…-br-volleys-heynen-rastet

Other stuff from Bundesliga:

Young german prospect OH Moritz Karlitzek will leave Rottenburg and joins United Volleys RheinMain.

Tom Strohbach (OH) and Ferdinand Tille (L) will stay in Herrsching. New setter is going to be slovakian player Michal Sladeczek (Espadon Szceczin).

After he renewed contract just a couple of weeks ago, Düren's coach Tommi Tiilikainen announced that he will leave the club and will go to Japan (League or Federation).

• I'm sure I'm the only one who actually cares :P, but Tiziano Mazzone (after 7 years if we count the juniores) is leaving Trento :(
    He wrote that on instagram, I don't know where he is going, I just hope he will be on loan and titular (even in A2 if necessary)

• Sebastian Solé (MB) signed with Funvic/Taubaté! source
    That means Éder is definitely leaving and possibly joining either SESI or Trento.

Taubaté also signed with Thales Hoss (L, recently called to Brazil NT), Paulo Renan (S) and Rafael Martins (MB).
    Mário Jr. (L) left the team. :wavy: