You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Inside VolleyCountry. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

kondzio

Prediction Game Mod

• "kondzio" is male

Favourite Team: Impel Wrocław, ZAKSA Kędzierzyn-Koźle; NTs Male: POL, RUS, BRA; NTs Female: POL, DOM, JPN, BRA, ITA, RUS

Favourite Players: Jeoselina Rodriguez, Kasia Skowrońska, Kasia Mroczkowska, Kosheleva, Jaqueline, Takeshita, Saori, Kurek, Igła, Bociek, Mikhaylov, Muserskiy, Moroz, Lucas

Monday, May 15th 2017, 1:46pm

and Le Roux wasn't chosen eventually, so I guess he stays in Italy :wavy:
Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

SHAME

• "SHAME" is male

Favourite Team: USA (W/M) - BRA (W/M) - PUR (W/M)

Monday, May 15th 2017, 1:56pm

I'm not sure everyone in the list attended the event. I mean, we already know Rouzier signed in Russia, so there's no point for him to fly to Korea. It could be the same for other players.
"Voglio i tuoi occhi quando sognerai per farmi rimanere qui"
"...come la terra la pioggia d'estate"
"Io ti ho coperto le spalle, scoprendo tutto il mio cuore"
- Emma :heart: :love:

tomen

Professional

• "tomen" is male

Favourite Team: Chinese NT (W/M) Russian NT (M/W) Italian NT (W/M) Polish NT (M/W)

Favourite Players: Manon Flier, Zhu Ting, Jiang Chuan

Monday, May 15th 2017, 2:11pm

KOVO Draft:

Mitja Gasparini stays in Korean Air Jumbos.
Krisztián Pádár stays in Woori Card Wibee.
Árpád Baróti stays in South Korea, but moves from Korean Electric Power to Hyundai Skywalkers.
Thijs ter Horst stays in Samsung Bluefangs.
Bram Van den Dries signs for OK Savings Bank.
Alexandre Ferreira signs for KB Stars Insurance.
Felipe Banderò signs for Korea Electric Power.

Some surprises. Edgar is out.
Bartman wrote on IG he had a very bad first day at the try-out (so I expected him to be out).
Banderò is a huge surprise.

Edgar returns China? Europe? South America?
:)
My favourite roster of Chinese
male NT:
S - Li Run-ming, Zhan Guo-jun
OP - Dai Qing-yao, Jiang Chuan
OH - Ji Dao-shuai, Xia Run-tao, Liu Li-bin, Zhang Chen
MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Chen Long-hai, Geng Xin
L - Ren Qi

female NT:
S - Ding Xia, Yao Di
OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Zhang Chang-ning
OH - Hui Ruo-qi, Zhu Ting, Liu Xiao-tong, Li Jing
MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Yan Ni, Xu Yun-li
L - Lin Li

My avatar is Jiang Chuan. I hope more persons love him.

YavorD

Setter

• "YavorD" is male
  • "YavorD" started this thread

Favourite Team: Bulgarian NT, Neftochimik Burgas, Belogorie Belgorod, Sisley Treviso

Monday, May 15th 2017, 5:09pm

Le Roux applied on Korean draft so might be leaving.

Talking about limited budget while signing Stoychev, Bruno & Sabbi (paying compensation) and extending with N'Gapeth and Holt simply doesn't fit :) I'm sure u will agree :D Obviously Modena has money
I don't know the financial parameters of all those, do you? True, they aren't forced to play with Serie B players or youngsters, but Stoychev would've picked Zaytsev and Kaziyski if he had the chance instead, for instance. You would understand Modena's budget, albeit surely not low, isn't supposed to be super competitive for a top team. Reading his interview between the lines, one might get the feeling that even Perugia has bigger resources right now. I don't know what those numbers are, though.

Kk15

Master

• "Kk15" is female

Favourite Team: Italian NTs – Trento

Monday, May 15th 2017, 5:25pm

Le Roux applied on Korean draft so might be leaving.

Talking about limited budget while signing Stoychev, Bruno & Sabbi (paying compensation) and extending with N'Gapeth and Holt simply doesn't fit :) I'm sure u will agree :D Obviously Modena has money
I don't know the financial parameters of all those, do you? True, they aren't forced to play with Serie B players or youngsters, but Stoychev would've picked Zaytsev and Kaziyski if he had the chance instead, for instance. You would understand Modena's budget, albeit surely not low, isn't supposed to be super competitive for a top team. Reading his interview between the lines, one might get the feeling that even Perugia has bigger resources right now. I don't know what those numbers are, though.

I agree with Yavord.
I mean, obviously Modena has money, but that doesn't mean they are infinite. I agree that may be this year they are even spending more than Perugia, though, also because Perugia confirmed most of the team and I may be that allowed to save some money.

Favourite Team: M: USA, Serbia, Italy,Russia, Perugia, PGE Skra, Taubate W: Brazil, Japan, Serbia, wherever club Queen Sheilla is at...

Favourite Players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio,Micah Christenson, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Haruka Miyashita, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

Monday, May 15th 2017, 10:11pm

I don't think Padova was so happy with him, to be honest. It wasn't that rare that Zopperllari (3 years younger) took his place, as far as I read.
So I don't know if there would have been a team in Superlega willing to bet on him, especially in a role where we have a lot of at least decent italians (so it's a pity to 'waste' that spot for a foreign unless he is very good; the same apply to the liberos, for example).
In that prospective being in Perugia is a great thing for him, imho.

Yeah I agree. He was kind of bitten by the travel bug. Me and my friends in another forum always joked and called him names like James Shaw the Explorer because his Instagram posts are almost about him being in other places and of Aaron and his NT teammates "winning"! than him being inside the gym or court with his club teammates improving his game. :white:

He seemed like he was fascinated by the prospect of playing in Italy for other reasons instead of winning matches or training with the team which is the aim of any club. :white:

I wish him the best in Perugia though. He has potential. He just needs to stay motivated, I guess. Maybe Aaron can help him stay focused. I just wish it does end well for the both of them.

For some reason... James' life revolves around Aaron! Don't get me wrong but he is a great friend to the point of leaving Padova to take care of Aaron when he got injured. :gone:

James can be so... passionate. I just hope he channels it this time through winning championships not some silly american boy. :gone:

vabo

Professional

• "vabo" is male

Monday, May 15th 2017, 10:22pm

Very well said, couldn't have found better words. This is the biggest risk of this new generation born and raised in the middle of the social age, it's so easy to completely lose focus and get distracted by nonsense.

I hope he chose to move to Perugia because it's a better team that might help him grow... but I'm afraid the answer might be something else.

I don't know, personally I would never quit a team where I'm in the starting six to move on the bench, wherever this bench might be. Even more as a setter.

Favourite Team: M: USA, Serbia, Italy,Russia, Perugia, PGE Skra, Taubate W: Brazil, Japan, Serbia, wherever club Queen Sheilla is at...

Favourite Players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio,Micah Christenson, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Haruka Miyashita, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

Monday, May 15th 2017, 10:25pm

I totally respect your opinion. Please dont get me wrong....again, I respect your opinion.

But here we go again. People just kissing american players`s ass.

I`m sorry, but he Shaw did not have a good season. He did well is attacking the ball over, But that does not makes you a good setter. The setter`s main job is to set the ball, and if u really watched the games, he was not really good, he had some good moments, but overall, he is still really green, and if he was that good Padova would kept him.

And he was replaced quite a few times, and the reason he was not benched even more is because Zoppelari is inexperienced just like him.

And the reason he choose to be a back up setter, is because he knows he is not ready yet to be a starting setter. And being a back up to a setter like Dececoo will help him a lot.

I know u guys will say Im hating on the Americans, but I just have to say it, because I still dont get people over here must praise the americans all the time.

Again, I respect your opinion.
I actually like this transfer since Shaw can also play spiker. Could shake things up when either the opposite or the setter is not doing well.

Ehm, are you sure he's good enough to be a spiker in Superlega? 8| When did he play as spiker the last time?
I mean, in the juniores also Sbertoli and Giannelli were spiker (or better, universal players), but I don't think that anybody would use them as spikers unless they are left in 7 players with 2 setters ;)

Or may be you meant just for single actions?
Shaw officially in Perugia.

I don't like his choice: He is too good to stay on the bench. He deserves to play, like he did during the last season.

To be fair with Shaw... Giannoti as much as I love his physical appearance and resemblance to Gianelli. He was terrible and unfit as the opposite. It also didn't help that Taylor Averill got injured so they lost a lot of games without him or him being on the bench. Fedrizzi also fizzled out after the shocking loss to Sora. It's not all his fault but some of it were his.

Monday, May 15th 2017, 10:31pm

I think Shaw's relationship with Maar affected his choices and his play. Good first half, terrible second half.

Quoted

Me and my friends in another forum always joked and called him names like James Shaw the Explorer because his Instagram posts are almost about him being in other places

Which forum is this?

Monday, May 15th 2017, 10:36pm

I think Shaw's relationship with Maar affected his choices and his play. Good first half, terrible second half.

What do you mean by "relationship"? :gone:

Their IG valentine post killed me for a sec. :gone:

James is really cute btw. Everyone I know is shipping him with Aaron but ahhhh he's getting married. Poor kid. Hope James accept the truth before it hurts. We are trying hard as well. :gone:

Quoted

Me and my friends in another forum always joked and called him names like James Shaw the Explorer because his Instagram posts are almost about him being in other places

Which forum is this?

Secret. :gone:

It's a foreign one anyway so you might not understand. :win:

Monday, May 15th 2017, 10:46pm

:lol: :lol:
Volleyball forums I know; Voleybolgundem (Turkish), Vbol.cn (Chinese), Volleytalk (American), Peruvoley (Peru) . I'm not reading them but it is good to know people are interested in volleyball. So I wonder if there is any other big volleyball forum ;)

Kaziyski

Bulgarian NT hater declared by dido1302

• "Kaziyski" is male

Monday, May 15th 2017, 10:48pm

Interesting...just not sure why Hyundai drafted Arpad Baroti (an Opposite) if they have Moon Sung Min at the position already, who was mvp of kovo league this past year.

All in all, Van den Dries and Ferriera are quality players- I think this may be the most well rounded group of foreign players ever in KOVO League.

If Alex Ferreira is quality player then I'm James Bond :aww:

I'm not surprised Gasparini & Padar are staying in current clubs, as well as V.d. Dries signed contract but Ferreira and Bandero :rolll: especially Bandero who was pathetic both in Lugano and AZS Czestochowa :read: There were far better players, to be more precise, complete players than this jokers but they must be lucky as hell :whistle: As I know Ter Horst is having huge problems with knees so it's a bit surprise to see him staying.
Shiva :heart:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Kaziyski" (May 15th 2017, 10:54pm)

saishuu

Master

• "saishuu" is male

Favourite Team: BRA (M/F); Trentino, Minas Tênis Clube

Favourite Players: André Heller, Dante, Serginho, Giba, Murilo, Lucarelli, Kaziyski, Sokolov, N'Gapeth; Fê Garay, Sheilla, Fabi, Logan Tom, Kim Yeon-Koung, Kosheleva

Monday, May 15th 2017, 11:04pm

Secret. :gone:
It's a foreign one anyway so you might not understand. :win:
If it's a Brazilian one I want in. :whistle:
Gold - European Championship 2013 (M) Prediction Game
Bronze - World Championship 2014 (W) Prediction Game

kondzio

Prediction Game Mod

• "kondzio" is male

Favourite Team: Impel Wrocław, ZAKSA Kędzierzyn-Koźle; NTs Male: POL, RUS, BRA; NTs Female: POL, DOM, JPN, BRA, ITA, RUS

Favourite Players: Jeoselina Rodriguez, Kasia Skowrońska, Kasia Mroczkowska, Kosheleva, Jaqueline, Takeshita, Saori, Kurek, Igła, Bociek, Mikhaylov, Muserskiy, Moroz, Lucas

Wednesday, May 17th 2017, 2:10pm

http://www.volleyball-movies.net/ claims that Leonel Marshall (OH) will join Resovia...

Wednesday, May 17th 2017, 7:32pm

http://www.volleyball-movies.net/ claims that Leonel Marshall (OH) will join Resovia...
cannot see this on the source you mentioned

kondzio

Prediction Game Mod

• "kondzio" is male

Wednesday, May 17th 2017, 7:45pm

cannot see this on the source you mentioned
suddenly disappeared :what: :D

Kk15

Master

• "Kk15" is female

Thursday, May 18th 2017, 5:27pm

Rumors about Monza interested in Fabian Drzyzga

Thursday, May 18th 2017, 7:18pm

How about Jovovic?

Friday, May 19th 2017, 10:22am

How about Jovovic?
He will change clubs and propably the leauge

Kk15

Master

• "Kk15" is female

Friday, May 19th 2017, 2:08pm

It seems that among the 4 big teams Lube is the only one interested in Piano, but it's not clear what will do Cester.
I'm not a great fan of this solution because I'm afraid it may means another year of a lot of bench for Piano (if Kovar condition is good). And if Cester will stay too our NT will only become worst and worst in that role...

Obviously, from Lube prospective, having at least 2 good italian MBs is very important since it may allow to play with Sander (?) if Kovar will have problem.

Social bookmarks