2017 - 2018 transfer rumours

• and Le Roux wasn't chosen eventually, so I guess he stays in Italy :wavy:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• I'm not sure everyone in the list attended the event. I mean, we already know Rouzier signed in Russia, so there's no point for him to fly to Korea. It could be the same for other players.

• Edgar returns China? Europe? South America?
    :)

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• Le Roux applied on Korean draft so might be leaving.

Talking about limited budget while signing Stoychev, Bruno & Sabbi (paying compensation) and extending with N'Gapeth and Holt simply doesn't fit :) I'm sure u will agree :D Obviously Modena has money

I don't know the financial parameters of all those, do you? True, they aren't forced to play with Serie B players or youngsters, but Stoychev would've picked Zaytsev and Kaziyski if he had the chance instead, for instance. You would understand Modena's budget, albeit surely not low, isn't supposed to be super competitive for a top team. Reading his interview between the lines, one might get the feeling that even Perugia has bigger resources right now. I don't know what those numbers are, though.

• I don't know the financial parameters of all those, do you? True, they aren't forced to play with Serie B players or youngsters, but Stoychev would've picked Zaytsev and Kaziyski if he had the chance instead, for instance. You would understand Modena's budget, albeit surely not low, isn't supposed to be super competitive for a top team. Reading his interview between the lines, one might get the feeling that even Perugia has bigger resources right now. I don't know what those numbers are, though.

I agree with Yavord.
    I mean, obviously Modena has money, but that doesn't mean they are infinite. I agree that may be this year they are even spending more than Perugia, though, also because Perugia confirmed most of the team and I may be that allowed to save some money.

• I don't think Padova was so happy with him, to be honest. It wasn't that rare that Zopperllari (3 years younger) took his place, as far as I read.
    So I don't know if there would have been a team in Superlega willing to bet on him, especially in a role where we have a lot of at least decent italians (so it's a pity to 'waste' that spot for a foreign unless he is very good; the same apply to the liberos, for example).
    In that prospective being in Perugia is a great thing for him, imho.

Yeah I agree. He was kind of bitten by the travel bug. Me and my friends in another forum always joked and called him names like James Shaw the Explorer because his Instagram posts are almost about him being in other places and of Aaron and his NT teammates "winning"! than him being inside the gym or court with his club teammates improving his game. :white:

He seemed like he was fascinated by the prospect of playing in Italy for other reasons instead of winning matches or training with the team which is the aim of any club. :white:

I wish him the best in Perugia though. He has potential. He just needs to stay motivated, I guess. Maybe Aaron can help him stay focused. I just wish it does end well for the both of them.

For some reason... James' life revolves around Aaron! Don't get me wrong but he is a great friend to the point of leaving Padova to take care of Aaron when he got injured. :gone:

James can be so... passionate. I just hope he channels it this time through winning championships not some silly american boy. :gone:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Very well said, couldn't have found better words. This is the biggest risk of this new generation born and raised in the middle of the social age, it's so easy to completely lose focus and get distracted by nonsense.

I hope he chose to move to Perugia because it's a better team that might help him grow... but I'm afraid the answer might be something else.

I don't know, personally I would never quit a team where I'm in the starting six to move on the bench, wherever this bench might be. Even more as a setter.

• To be fair with Shaw... Giannoti as much as I love his physical appearance and resemblance to Gianelli. He was terrible and unfit as the opposite. It also didn't help that Taylor Averill got injured so they lost a lot of games without him or him being on the bench. Fedrizzi also fizzled out after the shocking loss to Sora. It's not all his fault but some of it were his.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I think Shaw's relationship with Maar affected his choices and his play. Good first half, terrible second half.

Me and my friends in another forum always joked and called him names like James Shaw the Explorer because his Instagram posts are almost about him being in other places

Which forum is this?

• I think Shaw's relationship with Maar affected his choices and his play. Good first half, terrible second half.

What do you mean by "relationship"? :gone:

Their IG valentine post killed me for a sec. :gone:

James is really cute btw. Everyone I know is shipping him with Aaron but ahhhh he's getting married. Poor kid. Hope James accept the truth before it hurts. We are trying hard as well. :gone:

I think Shaw's relationship with Maar affected his choices and his play. Good first half, terrible second half.

Which forum is this?

Secret. :gone:

It's a foreign one anyway so you might not understand. :win:

#FreeBritney

• Interesting...just not sure why Hyundai drafted Arpad Baroti (an Opposite) if they have Moon Sung Min at the position already, who was mvp of kovo league this past year.

All in all, Van den Dries and Ferriera are quality players- I think this may be the most well rounded group of foreign players ever in KOVO League.

If Alex Ferreira is quality player then I'm James Bond :aww:

I'm not surprised Gasparini & Padar are staying in current clubs, as well as V.d. Dries signed contract but Ferreira and Bandero :rolll: especially Bandero who was pathetic both in Lugano and AZS Czestochowa :read: There were far better players, to be more precise, complete players than this jokers but they must be lucky as hell :whistle: As I know Ter Horst is having huge problems with knees so it's a bit surprise to see him staying.

• http://www.volleyball-movies.net/ claims that Leonel Marshall (OH) will join Resovia...

• cannot see this on the source you mentioned

suddenly disappeared :what: :D

• It seems that among the 4 big teams Lube is the only one interested in Piano, but it's not clear what will do Cester.
    I'm not a great fan of this solution because I'm afraid it may means another year of a lot of bench for Piano (if Kovar condition is good). And if Cester will stay too our NT will only become worst and worst in that role...

Obviously, from Lube prospective, having at least 2 good italian MBs is very important since it may allow to play with Sander (?) if Kovar will have problem.