2017 - 2018 transfer rumours

• Lanza to Perugia?

Just a little transfer fantavolley discussion in the blog kk15 referred to me.

I don't feel this.

Lanza seems to be the player that will decline in a few years or so. Also a very inconsitent player.

And why would Bernardi want to have trouble with his service error rate?

A little perflexing.

Seems also a tad dirty to trade Russell for Lanza. Trading the player who was the MVP of your first ever major achievement in your volleyball history as a club is pretty insulting. He is not exactly underperforming to be in the chopping block. :white:

But it would be very interesting to see Russell in a Trentino uniform playing with Giannelli who prefers setting to 4 than the 2 if the trade ever happens or to another club if Perugia cancels his contract.

Lanza can still work in Perugia with Leon only if Leon goes to Perugia.

But considering the april transfer deadline. It could be a little difficult. Might hurt the morale of your team while the season is still being played.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I don't see Russell leaving PG.

And for what, Lanza? :rolll:

It's pretty crazy thought indeed.

Thinking the pass will improve with Lanza when De Cecco can always hit spam button when the pass is bad to Russell or Leon(if the transfer happens.) :white:

I could understand this if Russell is playing badly. He is also only 24 years old. Still young and approaching world class level. Probably even underpaid considering the performance he gives to the team which gives space to the budget of perugia to buy Wilfredo Leon than Lanza. The trade rumour seems a little too rushed.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• There are rumours that Sokolov will go to Russia(Zenit St. Petersburg?) and Boyer going to Italy next season.

I think Sokolov still has a contract with Civitanova next season. I just wonder how far will Civitanova go to solve their foreing player numbers. It's not really a problem but it can be quite inconvenient not being able to use your best lineup in the worst situations.

#FreeBritney

Edited 3 times, last by Rains_of_Castamere ().

• Rains, you scared me crazy with that post about Lanza (please, God, no!) coming to Perugia to take Russell's place.

I started digging among my sources immediately...
    -Russell renewed last season and has few years of contract with us. (I wrote it few times)
    -Atanasijevic is likely going to leave at the end of the season and Zaytsev will move from OH to OP position.
    -Leon can actually sign with us.

The rest of the team is supposed to stay.

About Lube. I don't know where you found out about Boyer, but I heard Lube's real target is Abdel-Aziz.

• There were some discussions on KK15's referred blog about the best way to keep Atanasijevic and still buy Leon's at the same time and I came across that.

About Boyer... I never said about any club.

I just read some discussions about him going to Italy.

#FreeBritney

• There was a rumour on volleymob about Bruno and Earvin moving to Novosibirsk before the reparation between Ngapeth and Stoytchev. I wonder if it's really true or if it's still true after the return of Ngapeth bros to Modena.

#FreeBritney

• And why would Bernardi want to have trouble with his service error rate?

Well, if there's a team that can afford Lanza serve errors rate is Perugia :lol:
    Anyway, I don't see him in Perugia as well, but the idea behind it would be keeping Podke, Ata, De Cecco and adding Leon as OH.

About Lube. I don't know where you found out about Boyer, but I heard Lube's real target is Abdel-Aziz.

It seems both rumors may be true: Boyer is 'booked' by Lube (also Medei knows him well, I read – I hadn't realized), but Abdel Aziz performances and the fact Boyer is a 'hot head' and he keeps proving that in these days may provoke changes. It wouldn't be the first time Lube air more players they will use, anyway.

About Ngapeth-Bruno, I hadn't read that rumor before but many thinks that in case Ngapeth/both will leave Modena (possible, especially for the French), it would be only for a foreign team.

There are also rumors of Ngapeth in Trento because of Lorenzetti, but that's the kind of rumors I won't believe unless it will become very strong. I don't think Trento has the money and I'm not sure Mosna would want him anyway.

There are also rumors of problem between Lorenzetti and Lanza, but again I don't have the impression they're true for now.

• There was a rumour on volleymob about Bruno and Earvin moving to Novosibirsk before the reparation between Ngapeth and Stoytchev. I wonder if it's really true or if it's still true after the return of Ngapeth bros to Modena.

One needs to be seriously insane to hire Ngapeth to play in Rus league after his Kuzbass adventure. To remind you, the prodigy ran away from the club upon the onset of Siberian winter. Novosibirsk is next door from Kemerovo, the winter is equally cold in there and the two clubs closely interact with each other - I can easily imagine what they think about Ngapeth. One may argue that Rus volleyball Superleague is not short of seriously insane people, at the level of the club management. True. But these exotic individuals seemed to inhabit warmer areas (Krasnodar) or settle in Moscow where noone seems to care about volleyball.

• I'd no idea Ngapeth played in Russia as well!!

BTW, according to Zaytsev tells, he would fit well with the habits :P May be less well with the Siberian winter, though.

Back in 2013/14 season. His dad was a coach at the team. Nothing special.
    Another issue is that the overall nature of the league favours more physical players, which doesn't apply to Ngapeth. Let me put it like that, it's like hiring Bartosz Kurek, after his season in Dinamo Moscow.

• Zaytsev's choice is still open and nothing is certain. He can reamain in Perugia and maybe switch to OPP position, but also Verona made an offer, as Civitanova and now also Milano. We'll see what happens, of course he's wanted by everyone, as he's italian and is an OPP with good abilities in reception.

• Zaytsev spotted in Verona.

So are we really losing Potke and Ivan for Atanasijevic? :gone:

I still cannot at some people even suggesting De Cecco to also leave. :white: For who? If that's Simo... I will take it but if it's anyone else then it's stupid. :cursing:

#FreeBritney

Edited once, last by Rains_of_Castamere ().

• Other rumors: Grebennikov may go in Trento and Balaso in Lube (that's not brand new, but still).

Lisiniac may go in Trento (it's even suggest he may have signed already).

Well, I wouldn't complain :P

Abdel Aziz may be Lube option if Sokolov will go in Russia. Modena could be another possibility, but he is a foreign so they would have to change something else. Modena first should be Zaytsev, anyway.

Zaytsev as opposite has offer also from Verona and Milano, probably both too low at the moment.

It's not clear if Perugia will stick with Atanasjievic or offer a position as opposite for Zaytsev, but now there are several rumors of Podke leaving for sure.
    Anyway, Zaytsev may not accept an offer from Perugia even as opposite. I'm not sure it's a great idea to leave Perugia if Leon will arrive, anyway :P
    Apparently Lube haven't seek him or at least it doesn't same a possibility at the moment, even thou he will solve they're foreign problem for good, without even having to renounce to Grebennikov. But while I totally understand Milano wanting him instead of Abdel Aziz because Milano needs to attire people to the Palasport, after all for Lube Abdel Aziz would probably be less expensive and as efficient as Zaytsev, if not – I wonder – more (could this season be the 'lucky of the beginners'? well, we can't say now, but I would think not).

• According to Volleyball.it, after all Leon will stay in Kazan...

EDIT: other journalists doesn't seem to be on the same page; it's not that almost certain that he will leave Kazan anymore, because he said he his considering also their offer, but there is still room for a transfer.

Meanwhile, Perugia declared they don't want to let Podraskanin leave, they're very close to sign with Atanasjievic and they would love Zaytsev to stay. They're aware he wants to be an opposite but commented that – since he want to stay in Italy – they're not sure he got technical offer of the same level.
    If Zaytsev won't stay, Podke would be used as Stankovic is used now, though. Unless they grab an Italian OH (that's my consideration, not Sirci).

• Podrascanin as reserve is absolutely terrible. De Cecco loves to use his middle blockers to attack and I can't see anyone doing that consistently from Italian MBs. What a downgrade!

I trust Zaytsev more than any Italian OH in the market (If it's Juantorena then that's a different matter) Lanza, Parodi, Kovar and Antonov are all inconsitent anyway. Randazzo+Russell will be a disaster in the making consideing Atanasijevic does not receive. :read:

Jeez. Perugia really wants to lose badly. If Perugia does not get Leon... they are f*****! :white:

...And I do not understand why Sirci is already aiming for a european cup next yeat... We are still in the middle of the race. Anything can still happen. Perugia might not even qualify for Champions League if we don't get the top seed or we fail to finish as top 2 in the playoffs. Why is his head already in the clouds? :white:

#FreeBritney

Edited once, last by Rains_of_Castamere ().

• Is Sirci deluded? I just read the whole interview and I think he is betting everything on the wrong horse. :white:

Who would see Leon in PalaEvangelista from Poland or other european cities? Zaytsev is probably Perugia's main draw when Perugia has a match and they think a player like Leon will sell out PalaEvangelista and the whole region becoming a tourist destination because of him. :rolll:

I know he's arguably the world's greatest volleyball of the present time but this is not football where everyone has money to throw away. :gone:

As a fan of Perugia... I'm severely affected by this indecisiveness and foolhardiness

I think it's just better to move away from Leon. Maybe there are other options elsewhere. Trying to get Leon's signature in my opinion is maybe causing more negative feelings than positive in perugia.

There's a big chance Leon and his agent are using either Perugia or Zenit Kazan as bargaining tool to increase his wage demands. I think when you're being used like that... You have to stop. You're probably endangering the future of your club.

#FreeBritney

Edited 2 times, last by Rains_of_Castamere ().