2017 - 2018 transfer rumours

• Once you have become a top-level, full-time head coach, accepting an assistant role should and most often is considered a step back. Serniotti, much to my surprise, accepted such a role at Trentino when he was the second man in charge of the team behind Stoychev. I can understand such a decision only when the position is in the best league/team in the world or when the sports and financial parts of the project are really tempting. However, such a move would be more acceptable for a younger coach, e.g. Antiga or Gianni. Hence, for someone like Serniotti who is not nobody in volleyball, this decision would look ludicrous. Moreover, Serniotti is a better, more decorated and successful coach than Kowal, so I don't see how this will give him peace in the long run. Hopefully, it will remain only a rumour.

As for the language, I don't see how you will improve your skills when having to talk even less (theoretically) than as a head coach. He can improve faster in Berlin, there are even more native English speakers there. How well do you think Kowal would adapt to speaking English with his assistant in order for the latter to improve (I don't know how well Kowal speaks)? And there are faster ways for sure, like courses and stuff, if that is the real problem.

• Lots of new rumors in Brazil (source ):

Sesc-RJ, the biggest contender for a spot in the league next season, is interested in:
    Renan Buiatti (OPP, in JV Vôlei);
    João Rafael (OH) and Thiaguinho (S), both in Molfetta,
    Maurício Borges (OH, Arkas Spor)
    Maurício Souza (MB, Brasil Kirin)
    André Aleixo (aka Japa; OH, Funvic/Taubaté)

SESI-SP is interested in:
    Gustavão (MB, UPCN)
    Piá (OH, Bolívar)
    Franco Paese (OPP, Paris Volley)
    Meanwhile, Murilo (OH) is rumored to leave the team.

• Rumors about Torres and Baranowicz in Piacenza

It seems quite sure that Baranowicz will leave Verona, anyway; I read that in the last matches of the Challeng Cup Play off he wasn't the captain anymore, but the second setter Paolucci was. It seems the decision came from the society and not the coach.

It seems quite sure that Baranowicz will leave Piacenza, anyway; I read that in the last matches of the Challeng Cup Play off he wasn't the captain anymore, but the second setter Paolucci was. It seems the decision came from the society and not the coach.

I'm guessing you mean Baranowicz will leave Verona...

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

It seems quite sure that Baranowicz will leave Piacenza, anyway; I read that in the last matches of the Challeng Cup Play off he wasn't the captain anymore, but the second setter Paolucci was. It seems the decision came from the society and not the coach.

Isnt Baranowicz in Verona?

Anyway, I read he could go out of Italy. But because of family reason, he might stay in Italy.

• As I specified above after Rains pointed out my mistake, yes, Baranowicz is in Verona (but it's unlikely he'll stay).

Here you can find team by team all the market movements (confirmed or rumored).
    http://www.volleyball.it/mercato/superlega-a1-201718/

Lucarelli apparently has contact with Modena (that isn't new, as a possible return of Bruno), Lube (at the moment it seems the strongest chance), Trento (which apparently has to replace Urnaut, that may go in Verona).
    Well, if Modena can have Lucarelli and Bruno and keep all the rest (so, also Piano and Vettori, plus obviously Ngapeth, Holt and Rossini who signed until 2020)... Wow!!

About Trento OHs, obviously if they get Lucarelli it's natural that they won't renew Urnaut's contract, but otherwise I can't see a proper replacement for Urnaut at the moment considering that Ngapeth, Kovacevic, Juantorena and probably Kovar are staying in their teams, as Russell and Clevenot (which imho aren't superior to Urnaut, but other may think that they are, or can appreciate that they're younger), and that at the moment there aren't voices about someone else coming from abroad.
    Lanza has another year of contract.

AboutTrento MBs, reading the table I found out that Van De Voorde will probably stay in Trento, while Solé will probably leave.
    Neither of these news are a real surprise, but I think Solé is hard to replace (and if the alternative is Piano – which doesn't appear in the table, though – I can't see how that it's an improvement, and I love Piano).
    There aren't many MBs able to spike such well Giannelli' sets to Solè..

• The problem with Trento is they need a high ball killer at either sides. Lanza and Urnaut are neither one and obviously Stokr is out of his prime so they need a player like that to contend against the best teams in Europe. Well if you like speed then maybe Poletaev of Russia can be a good choice as an Opposite or maybe the american Benjamin Patch once he graduates from NCAA? If were thinking of left side, depending on your oppositw scoring, the need to replace Tine Urnaut with a much more offensive hitter depends on that.

I think Lucarelli is good but I feel like he'll be just the same as Urnaut with the same role in Trento.

He'll be much of more use in Modena imo. And if Bruno is there then the connection wouldn't be a problem.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I also think Lucarelli would be the best choice for Modena, if they can afford him (I'm also not sure that Trento can afford him, to be clear).

I agree that Trento needs a stronger high ball hitter, but imho for their system a strong opposite can be enough.
    Uranut has the exact same attack % of Ngapeth, for the record (49,2%). Among the titular OHs only Juantorena (57%), Kovacevic (56%), Clevenot (52%) and Russell (51%) had better %, if I didn't miss anyone. And Russell isn't as good in second line as Urnaut, imho.

Ps I'm not that convince that Lucarelli would have the same role as Urnaut, though...

• I also think Lucarelli would be the best choice for Modena, if they can afford him (I'm also not sure that Trento can afford him, to be clear).

I agree that Trento needs a stronger high ball hitter, but imho for their system a strong opposite can be enough.
    Uranut has the exact same attack % of Ngapeth, for the record (49,2%). Among the titular OHs only Juantorena (57%), Kovacevic (56%), Clevenot (52%) and Russell (51%) had better %, if I didn't miss anyone. And Russell isn't as good in second line as Urnaut, imho.

Ps I'm not that convince that Lucarelli would have the same role as Urnaut, though...

I actually think Clevenot could probably be more helpful as an OH for Trento but he doesn't have a good back attack. Good fundamentals though.

Russell can play high ball and does great damage with a shoot set, pipe and bic. Considering Zaytsev hasn't been productive at all as a left side attaker. That percentage is really good for what they are. He also was quite injured for sometime so his percentage could've been higher if he was fielded in or was at his best.

The only reason Ngapeth have same percentage of kills as urnaut is he's been hitting the most out of system balls imo. That ofcourse reduces his efficiency because he's the only one who can actuallyy do it (atleast those surprise kills) in their team. No wonder Modena is struggling because Ngapeth alone cannot bring Modena to promise land.

Anyway, Simone needs better wings. He's always pressured to use those ridiculous quick to Sole just to prove that he can in order for Lanza and the others to get better angles the next time around. Those situations don't always come to fruition truth be told so he needs absolute help from them as well.

#FreeBritney

• Yeah, I also think that Clevenot could fit quite well in Trento, and I read Lorenzetti likes Clevenot and that he can be a possible replacement for Urnaut; but according to sportpiacenza.it he has another year of contract with Piacenza. Who knows how much the buy out costs...

Ps: saying that Russell could have had a better % if playing more is a bit senseless, because usually – statistically speaking – the more you play, the more your percentage goes down... In fact there were many other player with higher attack%, but I didn't count them since they weren't titular (for example, Cook had around 50% or higher).

• Yeah, I also think that Clevenot could fit quite well in Trento, and I read Lorenzetti likes Clevenot and that he can be a possible replacement for Urnaut; but according to sportpiacenza.it he has another year of contract with Piacenza. Who knows how much the buy out costs...

Ps: saying that Russell could have had a better % if playing more is a bit senseless, because usually – statistically speaking – the more you play, the more your percentage goes down... In fact there were many other player with higher attack%, but I didn't count them since they weren't titular (for example, Cook had around 50% or higher).

That's true but if you don't play against the weaker teams then you can't rack up points as well. Russell just played badly when he was injured or recovering from it. Other wise...He's a much better player when he's healthy than the stats suggests.

Either way, he is injured and under contract for Perugia so he's a lost cause.

I think similar players can be considered though.

I doubt Trento will buy Clevenot contract from Piacenza. He is mainly a defensive player and plays good attacking upfront. Maybe if his contract was up then it could be.

Honestly the money to buy his contract would be much better put out on a stronger opposite and his salary would be much better given to another out of contract Outside Hitter.

Lol that just made Lucarelli the better option if we're thinking about it. :white: :rolll:

#FreeBritney

Edited once, last by Rains_of_Castamere ().

• I doubt Trento will buy Clevenot contract from Piacenza. He is mainly a defensive player and plays good attacking upfront. Maybe if his contract was up then it could be.

I agree.

And obviously Lucarelli would be a great replacement for Urnaut (I've never said the opposite, I just said that imho they aren't such similar players as you suggested...).
    Of course he will be more expensive, so if Trento have to choice in which player they want to invest, I would prefer the opposite.
    If they can invest in more than one, opposite and an OH, I agree with you ;) (but if Solé will go also a good MB is needed to secure their game-style).

• I think If Trento secures Otavio the MB from Taubate as well. Then Lucarelli will go. Lucarelli seems to have a soft spot with the guy. You know the softie comfie type of thing. :kiss:

PS I didn't mean to say you did not want Lucarelli. I'm just saying that Lucarelli makes a better choice because he's available, maybe. :rolll:

#FreeBritney

Edited once, last by Rains_of_Castamere ().

• Some people hope this be a rumor:
    Lang Ping said about Daniel Castellani during an interview.
    Will he be the first foreign head coach of China men's volleyball national team?

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• http://www.worldofvolley.com/N…-sign-william-arjona.html

William Arjona to Sesi!? I would be absolutely shocked if this transpired. Why would William leave Sada? They've proved they are the best team in the world, and will compete again next year for the World Club Championship. I assume Leal, Simon, Isac and Evandro will all be back next year too, so why the hell would William leave? Makes no sense.

Sounds like Bruno will really leave SESI for Italy.

I think Sada really needs to prepare for the inevitable though. William is not getting any younger. Sooner or later he will retire and they need someone to replace him now than wait for another season.

#FreeBritney