2017 - 2018 transfer rumours

• Lube proposed to Kazan an exchange Leon-Juantorena (even if the first is at the end of the contract while the second isn't).
    Juantorena refused to leave Italy.

At this point it's not clear if Lube will actively keep trying to air Leon.

Atanasjievic should sing the renewal with Perugia within a week.

• Lube proposed to Kazan an exchange Leon-Juantorena (even if the first is at the end of the contract while the second isn't).
    Juantorena refused to leave Italy.

At this point it's not clear if Lube will actively keep trying to air Leon.

Atanasjievic should sing the renewal with Perugia within a week.

I don't believe it. I can understand if Kazan asked Juantorena's opinion but this version is illogical .So Lube, more spesifically Beppe Cormio (who is like Italian father of Juantorena) asked Kazan an exchange without asking Juantorena's opinion and Osmany is ok with it? So what is next? Rumors about Lube offered Juantorena + 1 million euro for Leon? It is like they are trying to figure how they can downgrade the value of Juantorena. I just hope this summer Osmany will refuse to play for Italy .I liked Pasini (dal15al25) but it seems to me recently he is writing just rumors without based on anything.

Kk15 I'm more surprised you didn't even question this rumor.

• So is Perugia giving up on Leon and Leal and downgrading to Lanza? :gone: Even Zaytsev is better than Lanza right now as an outside hitter. Lanza may be more consistent but Zaytsev when he plays great is better than Lanza at his best. I would certainly question that one if they are trying to fill the italian space in Perugia.

And will Trentino even let Lanza go? Lanza and Vettori? If I pick my poison... I'll still go with Lanza even if his serving is terrible. Just thinking of the system... Lanza is more important to Trentino than Vettori. The question now is where will Vettori go after this season. There's no way Trentino will abide to the contract. Definitely no one in Modena, Verona,Perugia and Lube wants him. I would be shocked if someone takes him as a titular.

Why is Perugia even letting go all of the italians? Anzani? too. :white: I don't think Ricci has not shown any confidence to play as titular. I hope this is not true.

I guess Scarpetta will be very happy that Anzani will return to his humble self if he departs from Perugia. :rolll:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

Edited 2 times, last by Rains_of_Castamere ().

• scarpetta
    I've never had the impression Pasini was willingly lying about something, so I trust him this time as well.
    But imho you took the situation wrong: Pasini said Luca Novi (Juantorena manager) went in Kazan to understand the offer, so it wasn't something secretly organized by Lube.
    For what I've understood, Kazan moved to find an eventual substitution for Leon, and Juantorena was an option. Being him in contract with Lube, of course Lube can be interested in such an exchange because they can earn money from the interruption of the contract.

What I cannot answer is why Juantorena changed his mind: did he wanted more money that Kazan wants to/could afford? Was Lube unsatisfied with Kazan offer for the broken contract, so they said to Osmany he was very welcome to stay? Was he not truly intentioned to go in Russia from the beginning, but didn't want to shut the door to Kazan without hearing their offer?

About Anzani, I read Lube offered him a three years contract, but that doesn't mean he will accept. In case, I would bet on Perugia making a counter-offer to him.
    Both teams need at least one Italian MBs, Lube already has two of the best Italian MBs of the moment and Perugia has one of them: I guess Perugia is the one that need Anzani the most right now.
    Unless Lube offered an exchange with Cester/Candellaro, may be?

About Zaytsev, for what I've heard and read Sirci would gladly keep him as OH, but at the moment Zaytsev would like to come back to be an opposite and he will hardly sacrifice that to remain in Perugia.
    On the other hand, Perugia at the moment can offer him (I guess) a more than decent amount of money and also a top team, even better if Leon will arrive. Plus a tons of fans ;)
    It may be worthy to leave Perugia for Modena, but for Verona? I have my doubt...

Lanza for now has never been a real rumor imho, just a supposition made by several persons being Juantorena hard to reach and Kovar a bit too fragile to be the only good Italian OH of the team (with no offense for Della Lunga). Same for Randazzo. Or even Parodi. Damn, I would start cheering Perugia if they hire Parodi xD
    I mean, if you want to keep a foreign setter, opposite, OH and MB, you need an Italian OH.
    If you are ok with putting Podke on the bench during the Italian Championship or letting him go, than you can make it with two foreign OHs.

• Kk15 If Lube proposed an exchange so why didn't he learn the offer from Italian Lube, preferred to go Kazan? Did the idea come from Zenit or Lube? Is it sure Leon will leave the team ? This part is illogical. If I'm not wrong, he is also the manager of Ngapeth so Ngapeth for Kazan is more logical.
    For me Pasini is so obsessed with Leon's transfer to Perugia that he is creating stories that supports this transfer. In the end he expects us to say;'Oh so Leon is surely leaving, they are looking for alternatives' :lol:

• Wouldn't Leon in Civitanova become too risky? If Kovar is not too fragile... I could see this happening. This could also probably create a foreign player problem for Civitanova and I cannot exactly see Leon as a big improvement from Juantorena even if the guy is younger. He's too expensive to keep for more than a season. Perugia is the only club I could see taking him in Italy because of their ambitions.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Kk15 If Lube proposed an exchange so why didn't he learn the offer from Italian Lube, preferred to go Kazan? Did the idea come from Zenit or Lube?

For what I've understood, Zenit – since Leon hasn't confirm he will stay yet – contacted Juantorena via his manager as an alternative for Leon. Lube ended up being involved as well (and considered the exchange) because Juantorena has two more years of contract with them, so he can't chose to go freely: Lube has the right to 'sell' him (if I agrees, I guess/hope :P).
    The 'exchange' wouldn't have been a true exchange, but more like: "let's sell Juantorena to Kazan, so we can invest that money on Leon salary".

Perugia is the only club I could see taking him in Italy because of their ambitions.

I agree

• Also rumors about a contact between Trento and Zaytsev (who has also other offer as opposite, plus as far as I understood an offer as OH in Perugia).
    Not sure Trento can afford it (especially after wasting money on Vettori, and having Nelli available) but I'm glad there was a contact.

It's not clear if that could mean that Lanza – at his last year of contract – may move or not, and in case it's not obvious that the destination will be Perugia. Anyway, Trento can earn money from Lanza 'cartellino', while as far as understand being in his 30th years Zaytsev doesn't have a 'cartellino', so Perugia shouldn't earn nothing if he will leave.

Notice that there where rumors about Grebennikov in Trento, so in that case an italian opposite and setter wouldn't be enough. Or they keep Lanza (or look for another Italian OH...) or they renounce to Grebennikov.

• Typical maneuver from every top player, mostly ;)

But he is indeed looking for a spot as opposite, so the choice will probably be opposite with less money (don't how much less) in a team with potential but not necessary stellar and not necessary involved in CL, or Oh with more money in a stellar team with very high probability of playing in CL.
    I wouldn't be so sure to pick the first, to be truthful (mostly because of the chance of victories, but also because he may last longer as an equilibrium player) ^^
    On the other hand, thinking about Tokyo being an opposite may be better...

Ps you're point about the CEV Cup it's absolutely true and I share it, but if not playing the CL didn't prevent Bruno and Stoytchev to pick Modena, you never know...

• Zaytsev to Lanza in Perugia? :gone:

I'm actually glad we have some transfer buzz about Trevor Clevenot. Such a step up from Leon or Leal. :roll:

Joking aside. It's a good move if the cubans are unavailable or just too expensive but where are the italians,Sirci?

#FreeBritney

• About Grebennikov, a usually quite well informed user on the blog said he was very close to Trento but then think it over, and he may left to play somewhere else, probably with Ngapeth (not in Trento nor Modena).

On the other hand Pasini said he new it was done for Lisiniac and Grebennikov (as you wrote) and that it isn't sure that Ngapeth will leave Modena.

About Clevenot, of course he's not Leon and technically he may work beside Russell, but having him would mean renouncing to Podke... Or put him on the bench, which I found even more disturbing :P

• About Grebennikov, a usually quite well informed user on the blog said he was very close to Trento but then think it over, and he may left to play somewhere else, probably with Ngapeth (not in Trento nor Modena).

It seems Paris want to build a strong team, and Ngapeth and Grebennikov may become the stars of the team.
    It's not so obvious that the Italian Championship will let them go (not without a try, at least ;) )

Apparently Grebennikov signed/was really about to sign with Trento but then had a change of mind.

It's given official that Leon will leave Kazan.
    Rumors says also San Pietroburgo (with Gazprom, as Kazan...) may make an offer, but I wouldn't see the point for Leon to leave Kazan in order to remain in Russia...

• Sirci said Podke and Atanasjievic are signing a 2 years contract, while Zaytsev has chosen to be an opposite somewhere else so they ways will part away (it doesn't look like Perugia will try further to keep him, according to Sirci's words...)

About Leon, he said that economically they can offer a little bit less than Russia and Japan (or similar countries), but that he is hoping he will chose them for all the other things Perugia can offer.

I would definitely think less of Leon if you would pick a not-top Championship...

On the other hand no rumors about him in Poland, which could appear as an acceptable solution between level of volleyball and 'being home'. I guess he is too expensive?

Apparently Bruno went to Parigi, so speculators are suggesting he may follow Ngapeth there if he'll go.
    On the other hand, it seems he went there just for Neymar birthday with a bunch of Brazilians ;)
    Plus, he always declared his endless love for Modena and Modena declared his endless love for Bruno, and letting him go after only the first year of their 3 years project would sound strange (Ngapeth situation is a bit different, clearly).