2017 - 2018 transfer rumours

• It seems Paris want to build a strong team, and Ngapeth and Grebennikov may become the stars of the team.

It appears that in a week we will learn if there will actually be a 'Paris project'. It would be a new society with a huge sponsor, and they're interested in champions like Ngapeth, Grebennikov, Bruno, Lucas...

On the other hand Pasini said things are getting a bit "cold" in the last hours... ?(

• Other news: it seems that after all Zaytsev may be closer to Trento than Modena...
    Vettori would go (on loan? I didn't understand..) to Milano for half of the salary.
    Lisiniac is confirmed as taken by Trento, and they're thinking to aire two italian MBs, may be Candellaro and Polo.
    The libero should be foreign, Sohij if Grevennikov will chose otherwise, with a possible exchange Russell-Lanza (sorry shame...).
    Kovacevic and Giannelli confirmed.

About the MBs, Polo would be a strange choice imho, because he grow up in Trento but last year they (surprisingly) sell him to Padova instead of giving him on loan, while Galassi is on loan. So it would sound a partial waste of money to rebuying Polo back... unless he goas on loan. To be clear I really like Polo and I would be perfectly fine with him in Trento!

On the other hand I would be sorry about Kozamernick leaving...

And I'm still not convinced of Lanza in Perugia, even if with Leon coming and Zaytsev leaving it's practically him or Randazzo...

• I don't see Russell moving. The club signed a new deal last year months before the market session in order to be sure of him staying here.

Lanza in Perugia is a nightmare joke. Please, don't. :down:

• About Lube, Cormio (general manager) said they're speaking with Sokolov and Christenson for the renewal which appear possible (especially for Micah); they made their offer to Candellaro but he is considering also other offers; Grebennikov situation is 'frozen' because they're waiting for intel by his manager; Juantorena chose to stay.

About Christenson, it appears Modena indagate for him, he asked a very high salary, but Lube paired the offer (realizing that Toniutti asked just a little less). That's from the usually very well informed user on the blog (note that his intel are often very very accurate and he is among the first to give several infos, but of course the fact that a thing is true NOW doesn't mean will be true when the market will be closed).

If Sokolow will stay, Abdel Aziz may go to Paris (which would prefer him to Boyer, the other name they thought of).

Sbertoli may go in Monza (I can't see why, to be honest... unless is Milano that want to change setter...)

• My thoughts on some of the rumored transfers;
    - Perugia: Lanza-Leon-Atanasijevic, supported by Podrascanin,Colaci and De Cecco will be one unstoppable team. I think with Leon they should definitely bring an Italian OH.
    - Modena; I'm sure Ngapeth and Bruno will leave the team if Stoycthev continues to coach. Argenta may turn into unexpected jewel. I hope they won't waste him. Urnaut will continue but they need good OH and setter.
    - Trento; if they will play CEV Cup next year, it is wiser not to spend much and trying to find young talents.
    - Lube; renewing both physically problematic Juantorena and Sokolov is a big mistake by Lube. With same players, next year their decline will only continue. They should also find credible coach. ıf rumors are true, Cormio sucks.

• they need good OH

I forgot to say it seems both Conte and Kubiack declined the offer, so far.

- Trento; if they will play CEV Cup next year, it is wiser not to spend much and trying to find young talents.

Well, that could be a point of view, but after all Modena brought Bruno and Stoytchev back this year and they didn't even played in Europe (for their choice), and even if they would have preferred to play CL, the players/coach came/stayed anyway.
    Still, I kinda gave for granted that Zaytsev would have picked a team that played CL, but on the other hand Modena future is a bit uncertain now and Lube doesn't seem interested, so...

- Lube; renewing both physically problematic Juantorena and Sokolov is a big mistake by Lube

The reasons why Russian are less interested in Sokolov seems to be exactly his physical problems.

• About Leon, he said that economically they can offer a little bit less than Russia and Japan (or similar countries), but that he is hoping he will chose them for all the other things Perugia can offer.

I would definitely think less of Leon if you would pick a not-top Championship...

On the other hand no rumors about him in Poland, which could appear as an acceptable solution between level of volleyball and 'being home'. I guess he is too expensive?

The two big pros of Perugia are ease of traveling and (potentially) longer contract. Kazan can offer a lot but they have the budget guaranteed only for one season. The downside is the drop in level between Rus and Ita leagues, this year is very competitive in Rus Superleague. Very unclear what SPetersburg can offer. There are statements from ppl like Alekno that SPb is unlikely but I wouldn't be surprised if they just offer to double Leon's wages.

• From what I understand;
    - Leon will leave the team. He will probably go to Perugia .
    - Kazan wanted Juantorena instead of Leon ,Osmany refused ( Major career mistake , you're going to have money, winner status and have a chance to win it all with Kazan but choose to stay in Lube watching Perugia winning everything and waiting Christenson set to everyone but you in critical moments :wall: ) .
    - I think Ngapeth, Bruno, Grebennikov and Nimir Abdel Aziz will all go to Paris
    - Only alternative remains for Kazan is Leal. Leal will go to Kazan.
    - Maybe after Leal's departure, Simon will also make a comeback to Europe.

In this structure; Kazan, Paris and Perugia will play for the CL Championship.
    Only question for me is Zaytsev.
    powsoff what do you mean by double salary? 2 million euros :what:

• - Only alternative remains for Kazan is Leal. Leal will go to Kazan.

It seems Kazan is looking for Ngapeth as first option and Leal as second.
    Imho after his past experience in Russia it won't be that easy to convince Ngapeth, if the Paris-project will start as rumored.

In this structure; Kazan, Paris and Perugia will play for the CL Championship.

I understood this Paris team would have been a new one, so how can they join the CL?

• powsoff what do you mean by double salary? 2 million euros

Big company supporting an ice hockey team and a football team. The budget of the volleyball club is 10% of the football club. Why would headhunting a top flight star be a big problem?

It seems Kazan is looking for Ngapeth as first option and Leal as second.
    Imho after his past experience in Russia it won't be that easy to convince Ngapeth, if the Paris-project will start as rumored.

I hope you're joking. Noone wants Ngapeth in Russia after Russia's past experience with him :)
    There are strange people of course like those on the board of Dinamo Moscow or possibly Zenit SPb but the doubts that Ngapeth would fit into Rus league are pretty substantial. He was not outstanding in Kuzbass.

• My thoughts on some of the rumored transfers;
    - Perugia: Lanza-Leon-Atanasijevic, supported by Podrascanin,Colaci and De Cecco will be one unstoppable team. I think with Leon they should definitely bring an Italian OH.
    - Modena; I'm sure Ngapeth and Bruno will leave the team if Stoycthev continues to coach. Argenta may turn into unexpected jewel. I hope they won't waste him. Urnaut will continue but they need good OH and setter.
    - Lube; renewing both physically problematic Juantorena and Sokolov is a big mistake by Lube. With same players, next year their decline will only continue. They should also find credible coach. ıf rumors are true, Cormio sucks.

Lanza though? I don't think Trentino will be that stupid to lose a key player without something of value returning to them.

I don't also see how Lanza will help.Perugia's obviously a strong team with Leon in it but we saw Lanza played in Rio. Even with the presence of Juantorena and Zaytsev. He decided to choke away. He's declining and I haven't seen him play great without Giannelli. De Cecco doesn't really play the pipe often. He's just not someone who could pull off a forced set to the pipe area and that's where Bruno, Giannelli and Christenson have a upper hand on him. And putting Russell to bench? Good luck to that. I don't think USAV would like to have their best hammer sitting on the bench for an extended time because of foreigner restrictions which we might see a case where they buy his contract and pull him out of Perugia(they probanly did the same to Jaeschke for Resovia) and play somewhere else. This is not like his first year where he needed to be tested.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

Edited once, last by Rains_of_Castamere ().

• After all it seems the Paris superstars team may not happen (at least this year), the time is too short and they don't want to improvise.

I hope you're joking. Noone wants Ngapeth in Russia after Russia's past experience with him

Well, I do know only the Ngapeth version to be honest, so I wasn't joking but I'm obviously biased ^^' Despite the technical aspect (he is another player now), I would love to know more!

About Lanza in Perugia, it's simply a choice between Podke+one Italian MBs or 2 italian MBs... After all, that you like him or not, you must realize that Lanza is highly probably the best italian OHs among those available (Juantorena and Zaytsev aren't; Kovar I didn't understand, but he is very fragile so may be Perugia wouldn't bet on him...). There could be also Randazzo, but in this Perugia imho it would be better to have a more 'second line-prone' athlete, than an 'attack-prone'.
    And it's clear that with Leon and Atanasjievic he won't be Perugia main spiker at all, so I guess he will have to be the 'equilibrium' man, and spike a ball from time to time (possibly a trash/out of system ball, which he usually handles pretty well).

• I don't see how will Perugia hang on to Leon for more than a year. Keeping him will be a difficult task for Perugia than even acquiring him. If they fail... they wouldn't have the option when Russell also leaves once his contract expires or force his way out before that. Lanza obviously can be defensive but he lacks the service quality which brought Perugia their championships this year. I have big doubts that both Atanasijevic and Leon could make up for that. Even with Leon I don't see how this will work. The reason Zenit Kazan is a monster is not their reception but the ways their serve can disrupt your offensive plays and the fact they have 3 tall wing spikers/tall blockers that could dominate/intimidate any team at will.

And Lanza again... Trentino would probably need to keep him. Trentino killed themselves for losing familiarity this year. Losing another player of importance can be disastrous.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Me neither, but being the second of Leon/Podraskanin may not be his first choice...

They wouldn't be having a problem like this if they renewed Zaytsev and let go of Atanasijevic. :whistle:

#FreeBritney

• It seems Kazan is looking for Ngapeth as first option and Leal as second.

I understood this Paris team would have been a new one, so how can they join the CL?

The other good option for Kazan is Russell. Maybe a deal can be struck with the two clubs. An exchange perhaps? Kazan paying Russell's salary and Perugia getting subsidy from Kazan to fund Leon's arrival in Perugia and to disallow any contract extension for Leon besides Zenit Kazan?

I don't know if it's possible but it's economical for both clubs.

#FreeBritney

• Kk15 Are both Galassi and Nelli returning to Trentino for this season or the next?

#FreeBritney

• In case, for the next. I guess Nelli would be the second choice if Zaytsev won't go in Trento (for now it was just a contact).

I agree that Trento should keep Lanza, plus having at least one italian MB if the libero will be foreign. (So they can have a third decent foreign OH to put in instead of Lanza without breaking the foreign limit)