Italian NT 2017

• :offtopic: :offtopic: Juantorena's wedding photos are stunning. Maybe it is a good idea to get married in Cuba. I will consider :P
    https://www.facebook.com/pg/airedefiestacuba/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1424276904294540
    https://www.facebook.com/pg/ai…album_id=1421938561195041 :offtopic:

Honestly, Ivan or her wife should be heading the PR Department of FIFAV. They could be the saviours of Italian Volleyball. You'll never know...

I can't imagine this part . :lol: :lol: It will be hilarous to watch what they will do to get attention, attention, attention. All players will play shortless ,maybe totally naked :lol: TMaybe they will all use natural disasters like earthquakes as an advertising subject. :whistle: Definitely they must run the office :lol:

• I'm with Zaytsev just because Loca is against him, since she's in love with the worst opposite Italy ever had, Luca Vettori. :lol:

I feel like politics is involved...

Trentino is probably pulling their muscles so they can have Giannelli and Vettori have that connection before the league starts. This is atleast good news for Kk. :win:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Ivan's side on the FIFAV-Adidas-Mizuno shoes issue.

http://www.worldofvolley.com/N…or-the-national-team.html

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Friendly match between Italy and Slovenia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fZiweqkreM

#FreeBritney

• These are the players for the two friendly matches in Netherland (18 and 19/08), and it's highly probable that the 14 players for the ECh will be from this 15-players list, if Randazzo condition allows it (he is recovering from a muscular problem that stopped him for a while).

Matteo Piano, Fabio Ricci, Simone Buti, Daniele Mazzone; Luca Vettori, Giulio Sabbi; Iacopo Botto, Luigi Randazzo, Oleg Antonov, Filippo Lanza; Simone Giannelli, Luca Spirito; Fabio Balaso, Massimo Colaci, Nicola Pesaresi.

Nelli and Tiziano Mazzone out as predictable, I guess the third will be Pesaresi (unless injuries or similar problems of other players; if it's an OH it's also possible that Mazzone will be called back and Pesaresi won't make it to the final cut anyway, though).

Notice the absence of Candellaro that has surprisingly been out for a while: there's no news about injuries so it's probably a technical choice (not sure I do understand it, but still). We wondered about it with other Italian fans but we are still wondering.

For the record, since D.Mazzone has played with Giannelli the whole year, for me it's good that he's back (he wasn't even in the 18 list for the WL), but I would have kept both him and Candellaro and let Buti rests.
    I really like Buto as a person and for his attitude, but he's not a champion and considering he will hardly be in Tokyo I would have completed the renewal not calling him. May be he is there just to play the 'role' of the captain, though, since he has the experience and a great enthusiasm. I guess on court Lanza will be the captain.

According to the friendly matches, the titulars will probably be: Giannelli-Vettori, Piano- D.Mazzone [Ricci], Lanza-Antonov (may be Randazzo if he's ok), Colaci (receiver) - Balaso (digger).

Obviously for the OH Lanza is a certainty if he's physically ok (he had few problems to along the summer), while the second one is more uncertain: Antonov played the first friendly match and the second, Botto the second, Randazzo was still recovering and didn't play.
    Antonov also have the advantage of knowing better Giannelli for the setting and the duo Lanza-Colaci to receive.

For the MBs the couple will probably be Piano-D.Mazzone, with Ricci (and Buti) ready in case of need.

• What happened with Rossini?
    I am also surprised Candellaro isnt training. I consider him a better player than Piano, Buti and Mazzone. Btw, Vettori isnt NT material for an olympic silver medallist team. I really dont remember the last time he played well for Italy. Maybe it was in an ECH final against Russia (2013?) , where thanks to him Italy just got a set. After this match, he hasnt surprised me (in a good way) at all.

I would like he proves I´m wrong (also to the italian NT fans).

• Candellaro was a disaster during the World League. He practically lost his starting position because he wasn't connecting and got lost during the plays physically and mentally.

Vettori is pribably a Trentino thing. Maybe politics was involved so Giannelli and Vettori can be connecting better during the club season. :whistle:

#FreeBritney

• Vettori is pribably a Trentino thing. Maybe politics was involved so Giannelli and Vettori can be connecting better during the club season.

I really don't think that's the case.
    Actually I would think the opposite, that the fact Vettori is going to play with Giannelli for three years (or at least both contracts says that) could have been a factor to use Vettori as opp and Zaytsev as OH.

So, NT using Trento, not Trento using NT.
    At least that's my impression following a lot both NT and Trento, obviously I didn't ask personally to Mosna and/or Cattaneo ;)

Ps having said that, it's clear in Trento they're definitely happy that Vettori and Giannelli are getting a lot of playing time together and will arrive ready for the season! ;)

In general about Vettori, yeah, he was usually 'regular' or even bad in the NT since that final of 2013 ECh, but I hope he will remember how he played two season ago and the beginning of the last season in Modena ;)
    Anyway he rocked in the friendly match vs Slovenia :P I hope it's a good sign! In the WL the connection with Giannelli was a disaster!

About Rossini, I think it's a combination of two factor: he wasn't having the best season ever (not all agree about that, anyway, but I guess Blengini do) + Blengini wanted to try Balaso with an eye on the future.
    Well, he could have still called Colaci, Rossini and Balaso, but may be he saw something more in Pesaresi...

Candellaro didn't play good in WL, but name an Italian player who did :lol: