You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Inside VolleyCountry. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "serdar" is male
  • "serdar" started this thread

Favourite Team: Cuban NT, Turkish NT, VAKIFBANK

Favourite Players: A. Orro/O. Malinov/H. Miyashita/P. Barakova/F. Yang/X. Gong/T. Boskoviç/M. Vargas/P. Egonu/I. Haak/Z. Ting/C. Zhang/Gabi/B. Busa/M. Sylla/C. Bosetti/I. Voronkova/K. Ilchenko/D. Santana/J. Geerties/L. Izquierdo/S. Matienzo/J. Rivero/C. Plak/M. Mlejnkova/A. Leyva/L. Scuka/C. van Gestel/C. Chirichella/I. Fetisova/K. Akman/M. Todorova/M. Popoviç/A. Danesi/S. Bonifacio/Y. Xinyue/D. Bağcı/Z. Todorova

Thursday, May 4th 2017, 11:03pm

Turkish NT 2017

No official roster has been announced yet but based on the overall performance, following players should be called for the 22 players wide roster:

Setters: Ulaş Kıyak, Selçuk Keskin, Murat Yenipazar
Opps: Metin Toy, Serhat Coskun, Adis Lagumdzija
MBs: Faik Samed Güneş, Vahit Emre Savaş, Mustafa Koç, Hakkı Çapkınoğlu, Mert Matiç
OHs: Burutay Subaşı, Gökhan Gökgöz, Baturalp Burak Güngör, İzzet Ünver, Yiğit Gülmezoğlu, Kadir Cin, Yasin Aydın, Batuhan Avcı
Liberos: Hasan Yeşilbudak, Ahmet Karakaş, Beytullah Hatipoğlu

Setter position seem to be most problematic one since most of the top teams used foreign setters in the league and the Turkish setters who played as setters are quite old. It was a smart decision for Murat to play abroad. Only other good option is Aslan Ekşi but apparently due to her attitude, he almost every season manages to kick himself out from each team he signs :rolleyes: Better not to keep such a player in the NT.

Both Burutay Subaşı and Metin Toy had amazing seasons, even better than most of the expensive foreigners. I am quite hopeful of upcoming NT season. We might even promote to 1st division in World League if all these players would accept to play in NT and show the same performance as they did during club season. :whistle:

Kaziyski

Bulgarian NT hater declared by dido1302

• "Kaziyski" is male

Friday, May 5th 2017, 10:53am

I really respect Turkish NT but they simply doesn't belong to Division 1, not at all. You think they can play on equal terms vs Belgium or Canada, not to mention Serbia, Brazil, Italy, USA... Division 2 perfectly suits them :whistle:

Lagumdžija was impressive on ECH U19 but I don't think he is ready to play with "big guys", same goes for Avci. Serhat is far away from his best days, Toy had great season in Fener but Burutay can over OPP position as well :whistle: IMO it's even better Eksi isn't in NT, I know about his character from first hand and he isn't the best guy :rolll: Kiyak still can play on high level, Yenipazar was decent in Hypo, Keskin solid in Fener but where is Husein Koc? IMO he is the best Turkish setter :wavy:

My ideal team:

Kiyak - Toy (Burutay); Gokgoz - Burutay (Gungor), Savas - Matic, Yesilbudak (L)

:drink:
Shiva :heart:

• "serdar" is male

Favourite Players: A. Orro/O. Malinov/H. Miyashita/P. Barakova/F. Yang/X. Gong/T. Boskoviç/M. Vargas/P. Egonu/I. Haak/Z. Ting/C. Zhang/Gabi/B. Busa/M. Sylla/C. Bosetti/I. Voronkova/K. Ilchenko/D. Santana/J. Geerties/L. Izquierdo/S. Matienzo/J. Rivero/C. Plak/M. Mlejnkova/A. Leyva/L. Scuka/C. van Gestel/C. Chirichella/I. Fetisova/K. Akman/M. Todorova/M. Popoviç/A. Danesi/S. Bonifacio/Y. Xinyue/D. Bağcı/Z. Todorova

Tuesday, May 16th 2017, 2:05pm

Husein Koc

I really respect Turkish NT but they simply doesn't belong to Division 1, not at all. You think they can play on equal terms vs Belgium or Canada, not to mention Serbia, Brazil, Italy, USA... Division 2 perfectly suits them :whistle:

Lagumdžija was impressive on ECH U19 but I don't think he is ready to play with "big guys", same goes for Avci. Serhat is far away from his best days, Toy had great season in Fener but Burutay can over OPP position as well :whistle: IMO it's even better Eksi isn't in NT, I know about his character from first hand and he isn't the best guy :rolll: Kiyak still can play on high level, Yenipazar was decent in Hypo, Keskin solid in Fener but where is Husein Koc? IMO he is the best Turkish setter :wavy:

My ideal team:

Kiyak - Toy (Burutay); Gokgoz - Burutay (Gungor), Savas - Matic, Yesilbudak (L)

:drink:

Hüseyin is 38 years old now and he will most probably retire this season. Burutay was one of the best receiver in the league although he has to receive 50+ times since he has to cover other OH. He is a lefty but his current reception performance and having Metin Toy who had a very consistent season, I wouldn't "waste" Burutay at Opp position. He should be the starter OH with Gökgöz. Indeed Gökgöz had a very good season too but he got replaced by Yiğit Gülmezoğlu (old setter now converted to an OH) during playoffs I don't know if it was because of an injury or simply her shape dropped at the end of season. :whistle:

Official 18 players roster is as following:

Setters: Arslan Ekşi, Caner Pekşen, Murat Yenipazar
Opps: Metin Toy, Serhat Coskun
MBs: Emre Batur, Mustafa Koç, Faik Samed Güneş, Vahit Emre Savaş, Mert Matiç
OHs: Burutay Subaşı, İzzet Ünver, Gökhan Gökgöz, Baturalp Burak Güngör, Yiğit Gülmezoğlu
Liberos: Hasan Yeşilbudak, Caner Dengin, Alperay Demirciler,

The missing players who had good season are: Ulaş Kıyak and Selçuk Keskin (probably too old for next olympic cycle), Adis Lagumdzija and Batuhan Avcı (probably too young), Hakkı Çapkınoğlu, Kadir Cin and Yasin Aydın. Kadir has lost his starting spot during playoffs but Yasin showed a good performance overall while Hakkı Capkınoğlu was way better blocker than any MBs in this roster. Besides, those names all players who had good season as starter in their clubs were invited (except liberos Caner and Alperay who were bench players for whole season and Aslan Ekşi who didn't play for almost half of season :rolleyes: ). Players in bold are from our golden generation (93-94)

I agree with you that Turkey does not belong to the first division but the promising performance of the players in the roster give me hope, at least they will reach the final four :drink:

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "serdar" (May 16th 2017, 2:12pm)

Friday, May 19th 2017, 4:50am

where is batur and his hot abs?

Kaziyski

• "Kaziyski" is male

Friday, May 19th 2017, 10:23am

where is batur and his hot abs?

Batur is on the list :teach:

Saturday, May 20th 2017, 12:16am

thanks, kazisky, I was looking at serdar's post, where batur is not listed...

Saturday, May 20th 2017, 12:51am

Where is Hakki Capkinoglu? He was awarded best middle blocker during final series and he played regulary this season where Emre Batur was just sitting on the bench and he showed nothing.

• "serdar" is male

Saturday, May 20th 2017, 1:55am

thanks, kazisky, I was looking at serdar's post, where batur is not listed...

My first post was the list of players who "deserve" to play in NT based on their league performances. And according to that, I put Hakkı Capkınoğlu instead of Emre Batur since Hakkı was pretty good during playoff series whereas Emre was still recovering from his serious injury. However, surprisingly, Emre is called for the official list instead of Hakkı :what: s

• "serdar" is male

Tuesday, May 23rd 2017, 4:50pm

Final roster traveling to Lyon is as following:

Setters: Arslan Ekşi, Caner Pekşen, Murat Yenipazar
Opps: Serhat Coskun, Metin Toy
MBs: Emre Batur, Mustafa Koç, Faik Samed Güneş, Vahit Emre Savaş , Mert Matiç
OHs: Burutay Subaşı, İzzet Ünver, Gökhan Gökgöz, Baturalp Burak Güngör, Yiğit Gülmezoğlu
Liberos: Hasan Yeşilbudak, Caner Dengin, Alperay Demirciler

Our hands down best 2 players Metin Toy and Burutay Subasi are out of roster with talented MB Vahit Emre Savas :white: :white: I assume they should be injured otherwise there is no explanation to cut them from roster. They were in top of their shape during playoffs a few weeks ago. :aww: :wall: Now we have 3,5 setters in the roster (with Yigit Gulmezoglu)

beri

Intermediate

• "beri" is female

Favourite Team: Fenerbahce and Turkish national team

Tuesday, May 23rd 2017, 5:14pm

What?? What a horrible selection. How is Metin Toy out? He is one of our best players and certainly better much. then Serhat. Literally coach doesnt care for form or stats in league at all :down: :mad: Then what does he care about? Which player he likes more? I hope selections of other tournaments make more sense...

Kaziyski

• "Kaziyski" is male

Tuesday, May 23rd 2017, 10:31pm

What a joke selection :white: :aww:

Social bookmarks