Turkish NT 2017

• No official roster has been announced yet but based on the overall performance, following players should be called for the 22 players wide roster:

Setters: Ulaş Kıyak, Selçuk Keskin, Murat Yenipazar
    Opps: Metin Toy, Serhat Coskun, Adis Lagumdzija
    MBs: Faik Samed Güneş, Vahit Emre Savaş, Mustafa Koç, Hakkı Çapkınoğlu, Mert Matiç
    OHs: Burutay Subaşı, Gökhan Gökgöz, Baturalp Burak Güngör, İzzet Ünver, Yiğit Gülmezoğlu, Kadir Cin, Yasin Aydın, Batuhan Avcı
    Liberos: Hasan Yeşilbudak, Ahmet Karakaş, Beytullah Hatipoğlu

Setter position seem to be most problematic one since most of the top teams used foreign setters in the league and the Turkish setters who played as starting setter are quite old. It was a smart decision for Murat to play abroad. Only other good option is Aslan Ekşi but apparently due to her attitude, he almost every season manages to kick himself out from each team he signs :rolleyes: Better not to keep such a player in the NT.

Both Burutay Subaşı and Metin Toy had amazing seasons, even better than most of the expensive foreigners. I am quite hopeful of upcoming NT season. We might even promote to 1st division in World League if all these players would accept to play in NT and show the same performance as they did during club season. :whistle:

• I really respect Turkish NT but they simply doesn't belong to Division 1, not at all. You think they can play on equal terms vs Belgium or Canada, not to mention Serbia, Brazil, Italy, USA... Division 2 perfectly suits them :whistle:

Lagumdžija was impressive on ECH U19 but I don't think he is ready to play with "big guys", same goes for Avci. Serhat is far away from his best days, Toy had great season in Fener but Burutay can over OPP position as well :whistle: IMO it's even better Eksi isn't in NT, I know about his character from first hand and he isn't the best guy :rolll: Kiyak still can play on high level, Yenipazar was decent in Hypo, Keskin solid in Fener but where is Husein Koc? IMO he is the best Turkish setter :wavy:

My ideal team:

Kiyak - Toy (Burutay); Gokgoz - Burutay (Gungor), Savas - Matic, Yesilbudak (L)

:drink:

• Husein Koc

Hüseyin is 38 years old now and he will most probably retire this season. Burutay was one of the best receiver in the league although he has to receive 50+ times since he has to cover other OH. He is a lefty but his current reception performance and having Metin Toy who had a very consistent season, I wouldn't "waste" Burutay at Opp position. He should be the starter OH with Gökgöz. Indeed Gökgöz had a very good season too but he got replaced by Yiğit Gülmezoğlu (old setter now converted to an OH) during playoffs I don't know if it was because of an injury or simply her shape dropped at the end of season. :whistle:

Official 18 players roster is as following:

Setters: Arslan Ekşi, Caner Pekşen, Murat Yenipazar
    Opps: Metin Toy, Serhat Coskun
    MBs: Emre Batur, Mustafa Koç, Faik Samed Güneş, Vahit Emre Savaş, Mert Matiç
    OHs: Burutay Subaşı, İzzet Ünver, Gökhan Gökgöz, Baturalp Burak Güngör, Yiğit Gülmezoğlu
    Liberos: Hasan Yeşilbudak, Caner Dengin, Alperay Demirciler,

The missing players who had good season are: Ulaş Kıyak and Selçuk Keskin (probably too old for next olympic cycle), Adis Lagumdzija and Batuhan Avcı (probably too young), Hakkı Çapkınoğlu, Kadir Cin and Yasin Aydın. Kadir has lost his starting spot during playoffs but Yasin showed a good performance overall while Hakkı Capkınoğlu was way better blocker than any MBs in this roster. Besides, those names all players who had good season as starter in their clubs were invited (except liberos Caner and Alperay who were bench players for whole season and Aslan Ekşi who didn't play for almost half of season :rolleyes: ). Players in bold are from our golden generation (93-94)

I agree with you that Turkey does not belong to the first division but the promising performance of the players in the roster give me hope, at least they will reach the final four :drink:

• thanks, kazisky, I was looking at serdar's post, where batur is not listed...

My first post was the list of players who "deserve" to play in NT based on their league performances. And according to that, I put Hakkı Capkınoğlu instead of Emre Batur since Hakkı was pretty good during playoff series whereas Emre was still recovering from his serious injury. However, surprisingly, Emre is called for the official list instead of Hakkı :what: s

• Final roster traveling to Lyon is as following:

Setters: Arslan Ekşi, Caner Pekşen, Murat Yenipazar
    Opps: Serhat Coskun, Metin Toy
    MBs: Emre Batur, Mustafa Koç, Faik Samed Güneş, Vahit Emre Savaş , Mert Matiç
    OHs: Burutay Subaşı, İzzet Ünver, Gökhan Gökgöz, Baturalp Burak Güngör, Yiğit Gülmezoğlu
    Liberos: Hasan Yeşilbudak, Caner Dengin, Alperay Demirciler

Our hands down best 2 players Metin Toy and Burutay Subasi are out of roster with talented MB Vahit Emre Savas :white: :white: I assume they should be injured otherwise there is no explanation to cut them from roster. They were in top of their shape during playoffs a few weeks ago. :aww: :wall: Now we have 3,5 setters in the roster (with Yigit Gulmezoglu)

• What?? What a horrible selection. How is Metin Toy out? He is one of our best players and certainly better much. then Serhat. Literally coach doesnt care for form or stats in league at all :down: :mad: Then what does he care about? Which player he likes more? I hope selections of other tournaments make more sense...

• Ok after their performances lately I can certainly say that I miss Hakki and especially Burutay in the selection A LOT.
    Is there another reason he doesnt play NT this season maybe? I mean Burutay is the best player and was even MVP of Turkish league and isnt called? :cheesy: :aww:

Not having best MB and MVP of the league is just really stupid to me :whistle:

• burutay and Metin Toy were injured. That's why Metin did not play in qualification tournament. I don't know the situation of Hakkı

• burutay and Metin Toy were injured. That's why Metin did not play in qualification tournament. I don't know the situation of Hakkı

Thanks for clarifying that, I hope he'll be alrigjht soon. : ) As for MB position I think Hakki really should have been there. None of the MB's showed anything special and he played amazing at play-offs. For example Matic is good in attack but he cant get to a single block throughout a whole match and its embarassing, position is called middle 'blocker' for a reason.

Let's see what they can do from now on...

• I don't think Mustafa Koc is playing bad. He is good at both blocking and attacking. However I agree on Matic, he wasn't that bad at blocking during the league season. I think the player who is really underperforming is Emre Batur. He was a world class MB but apparently injury ruined his performance. I hope he will get in shape til ECh. It is a pity that Faik Samed Güneş and Vahit Emre Savaş are also injured. If all injured players would recover till ECh, we can expect more from this team.

• I didn't hear about new injuries. Probably he is still complaining about the injuries of Burutay Subasi, Faik Samed Güneş and Vahit Emre Savaş. Besides those players, Emre Batur and Marco Matic are still recovering from their injuries. Since Hakki Capkinoglu is not there, I guess he is also injured, otherwise there is no explanation for his absence after such a good season. :whistle: Mustafa Koc is the only healthy MB in the roster so far :aww:

• 28 players called for ECh preparation:

Setters: Arslan Ekşi, Caner Pekşen, Murat Yenipazar, Oğulcan Yatgın
    Opps: Metin Toy, Serhat Coskun, Yiğit Gülmezoğlu, Adis Lagumdzija
    MBs: Emre Batur, Mustafa Koç, Faik Samed Güneş, Vahit Emre Savaş, Mert Matiç, İbrahim Emet, Koray Şahin, Hakkı Çapkınoğlu
    OHs: Burutay Subaşı, İzzet Ünver, Gökhan Gökgöz, Baturalp Burak Güngör, Kadinr Cin, Yasin Aydın, Halil İbrahim Yücel, Batuhan Avcı
    Liberos: Hasan Yeşilbudak, Caner Dengin, Burak Mert, Alperay Demirciler

Good to see Burutay Subaşı, Vahit Emre Savaş and Hakkı Çapkınoğlu are back :super:

• I don't think Mustafa Koc is playing bad. He is good at both blocking and attacking. However I agree on Matic, he wasn't that bad at blocking during the league season. I think the player who is really underperforming is Emre Batur. He was a world class MB but apparently injury ruined his performance. I hope he will get in shape til ECh. It is a pity that Faik Samed Güneş and Vahit Emre Savaş are also injured. If all injured players would recover till ECh, we can expect more from this team.

Emre Batur was a world class MB?? Really? I hardly think so. He promised a lot when he was young but he didn't show anything special. He doesn't even deserve to be in NT this season.