Turkish NT 2017

• Emre Batur was a world class MB?? Really? I hardly think so. He promised a lot when he was young but he didn't show anything special. He doesn't even deserve to be in NT this season.

He was definitely world class MB! He also did quite a good job as Opp before. I've already mentioned that he is underperforming now but probably he is there because of his experience. This makes sense since rest of the squad is quiet young and inexperienced

• Serhat Coşgun (Opp) and Emre Vahit Savaş (MB) are out of the roster due to injuries
    http://www.voleybolunsesi.com/…cid=0702&id=34203&topic=2

• 18 players were picked out of 28:

Setters: Arslan Ekşi, Caner Pekşen, Murat Yenipazar, Oğulcan Yatgın
    Opps: Metin Toy, Serhat Coskun, Yiğit Gülmezoğlu, Adis Lagumdzija
    MBs: Emre Batur, Mustafa Koç, Faik Samed Güneş, Vahit Emre Savaş, Mert Matiç, İbrahim Emet, Koray Şahin, Hakkı Çapkınoğlu
    OHs: Burutay Subaşı, İzzet Ünver, Gökhan Gökgöz, Baturalp Burak Güngör, Kadinr Cin, Yasin Aydın, Halil İbrahim Yücel, Batuhan Avcı
    Liberos: Hasan Yeşilbudak, Caner Dengin, Burak Mert, Alperay Demirciler

I expect that 4 last players to be cut will be: Caner Peksen, İbrahim Emet, Kadir Cin and Halil İbrahim Yücel

• He is not that bad indeed. He showed a decent performance as OH too but of course he had a way brighter future as setter :wall: Besides we don't need someone in Opp position as long as Metin is healthy and Adis is a great prospect while setter position is question mark since Aslan is a question mark. You would never know when he will be kicked out from team again :rolleyes:

• Final 14 roster for ECh:

Setters: Arslan Ekşi, Murat Yenipazar
    Opps: Metin Toy,
    MBs: Emre Batur, Hakkı Çapkınoğlu, Mert Matiç, Faik Samed Güneş
    OHs: Baturalp Burak Güngör, Burutay Subaşı, Gökhan Gökgöz, İzzet Ünver, Kadir Cin
    Liberos: Hasan Yeşilbudak, Alperay Demirciler

Mustafa Koç, Serhat Coskun, Yiğit Gülmezoğlu and Vahit Emre Savaş are missing due to several injuries. Also Metin Toy and Mert Matiç has minor injuries. We have no backup Opp. Kadir Cin played as Opp in his early career, so maybe he could be used in the case of emergency. We don't have realistic chances against both France and Belgium but we are on the same level with Netherlands. If we beat them we could play against either Czech or Slovakia, which are also on the same level with us. We have fair chance to reach quarter finals if the players could show the same performance they did during club season.

• First of all, what's the problem with Burutay playing as an (back-up) opposite? I am sure he can be more useful than Cin. Still, this is, in my opinion, the best Turkish NT selection I've seen for a European championship. The roster could've been even better had it not been for those injuries, but it looks good enough. And they could've gotten more chances in a group with Slovakia (or eventually Finland), for instance, but this is how it is. Second of all, I think you got either the competition formula wrong or the teams wrong. If Turkey manage to beat the Netherlands and finish 3rd, they will face the runner-up from Pool B, which theoretically should be the loser from the opening match between Germany and Italy. And then there will be the winner of the same group (most probably France, but Belgium know how to handle them in theory) waiting in the quarterfinals.

EDIT: I think you are right, I am sorry. What I didn't notice is that the loser from Germany vs. Italy will most probably lose again in order to finish 3rd and thus avoid meeting France in the quarterfinals. So it seems you are right then :) Maybe Turkey (or the Netherlands, for that matter) will indeed face either Slovakia or the Czech Rep. should they finish 3rd in Pool D. This is, of course, applicable when France beat Belgium.

• First of all, what's the problem with Burutay playing as an (back-up) opposite? I am sure he can be more useful than Cin. Still, this is, in my opinion, the best Turkish NT selection I've seen for a European championship. The roster could've been even better had it not been for those injuries, but it looks good enough. And they could've gotten more chances in a group with Slovakia (or eventually Finland), for instance, but this is how it is. Second of all, I think you got either the competition formula wrong or the teams wrong. If Turkey manage to beat the Netherlands and finish 3rd, they will face the runner-up from Pool B, which theoretically should be the loser from the opening match between Germany and Italy. And then there will be the winner of the same group (most probably France, but Belgium know how to handle them in theory) waiting in the quarterfinals.

EDIT: I think you are right, I am sorry. What I didn't notice is that the loser from Germany vs. Italy will most probably lose again in order to finish 3rd and thus avoid meeting France in the quarterfinals. So it seems you are right then :) Maybe Turkey (or the Netherlands, for that matter) will indeed face either Slovakia or the Czech Rep. should they finish 3rd in Pool D. This is, of course, applicable when France beat Belgium.

Burutay showed a really solid performance as OH during club season and he was the MVP of final series. While he has such stable reception, I wouldn't have "wasted" him at Opp position. As long as Metin's injury is not serious, he is a reliable player in Opp position (young talent Adis Lagumdzija could have been useful but they took him to U19 WCh instead :aww: )