Wilfredo Leon in NT Poland 2019

• Wilfredo Leon got from FIVB official confirmation - He is now registered as Polish player (as from 24th July).
    It means he can play officially as member of Polish NT as from 25th July 2019 !

• Finally! :super:
    I wondering how NT may look in 2019 because Kurek and Kubiak dont know about their future in Polish NT...

• QPL I can see that BRA(M) team is one of your favourites, bad news, Leal will also play for Brazil :what: :what: :what:
    Juantorena(CUB), Kovar(CZ), Zlatanov(BLG), Antonov(RUS) for Italy, Muserskiy(UKR), Bakun(UKR), Pavlov(UKR), Divis(SVK) for Russia, Grozer(HUN) for Germany, Redwitz(BRA) for France and so on and so on...

• QPL I can see that BRA(M) team is one of your favourites, bad news, Leal will also play for Brazil :what: :what: :what:
    Juantorena(CUB), Kovar(CZ), Zlatanov(BLG), Antonov(RUS) for Italy, Muserskiy(UKR), Bakun(UKR), Pavlov(UKR), Divis(SVK) for Russia, Grozer(HUN) for Germany, Redwitz(BRA) for France and so on and so on...

:white: :aww:

• Grozer is of Hungarian descent but already his father played for German NT and he spent most of his life in Germany. All his brothers and his sister are German citizens, so it's a completely different story than the Cubans.

• I wouldn't.

Poland just won the U21 world championship. Come on, build your own talents! :whistle:

And I agree with Matthias: Grozer, Travica, Zaytsev and other cases like those are totally different than stealing volleyball players to a small island with an amazing tradition in this sport. Do I need to remember you Juantorena was just the Plan B? FIPAV wanted Simon at first, but he always refused. This is ridiculus!

• I wouldn't.

Poland just won the U21 world championship. Come on, build your own talents! :whistle:

And I agree with Matthias: Grozer, Travica, Zaytsev and other cases like those are totally different than stealing volleyball players to a small island with an amazing tradition in this sport. Do I need to remember you Juantorena was just the Plan B? FIPAV wanted Simon at first, but he always refused. This is ridiculus!

Let's face the fact, Juantorena's case has opened this Pandora's box, when he took an average team through the world cup and olympics to win the silver. Grozer, Travica, Zaytsev, Muserskiy are indeed a very different case (Divis is not though!) I think that this is the reality of modern global world and there's nothing super-special about it. I don't see why Poland wouldn't want to call Leon for the NT, unless the political situation progresses deteriorates there and all the migrants are kicked out of the country.

The only truly sad thing is about Cuban NT, as things are not bad in there but rather a bit stupid. I wish they qualify for WCH and OG with their younger generation and kick some <censored>.

• He lives in Poland in the off season. His wife if Polish and probably he uses some Polish.
    Here are some thanks said in Polish and it sounds good (maybe he was reading).
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWh6LMlV-x0

To add, he and his wife and their child have flat in Warsaw and after league season he life there.
    Still progres in Polish leangue.
    Here you have new interview with Leon. He speaks about volleyball and about his life in Poland:
    https://www.pzps.pl/pl/aktualn…skiej-kadrze-jest-ogromna

• And I agree with Matthias: Grozer, Travica, Zaytsev and other cases like those are totally different than stealing volleyball players to a small island with an amazing tradition in this sport.

I think that this is the reality of modern global world and there's nothing super-special about it.

Well said :flower: :flower:

Guys, please, don't mix situation like Juantorena that chose not to sing the Italian Anthem (or Carambula, that at the OG spoke half in Italian half in English with Ranghieri :aww: ) with case like Zaytsev (who feels 200% Italians despite his origines, and pallavolistical speaking growth in Italy!)!
    We are in a multicultural word, embrace it!

About Leon, I must admit I feel the situation it's even more forced than Juantorena (or Leal): at least the latters truly lived in Italy/Brazil (the off season look more like a vacation to me...) and I don't know about Leal but if I recall well Juantorena was made Italian after marrying an Italian girl, not before (like Leon - but that's the first time I read he has a Child, may be the fact he hadn't to wait for the marriage has to do with that? Or was he born after the marriage?).
    [Anyway there is who suspect Juantorena marriage was kinda arranged...]

I would have feel it more 'normal' if he was made Russian, for example.

Having said that, I think is so sad that player like these can't play an international competition unless they take another citizienship, so after all I can't blame them for accepting this opportunity.

I would love to have like a 'refugee team' with all the Cubans that left their country.
    Even if nobody else would win anything with them on the competition :lol:

Ps despite not liking how Juantorena 'uses' the NT, somehow I appreciate his coherence, I mean, he've never prentended he wanted to play for Italy only out of deep love for the country (which anyway I'm sure he feels like a second home)

• I wouldn't.

Lol I hope you aren't giving false information by purpose .This is surely not true , Juantorena was as always Plan A ,in fact there wasn't any other plan . Simon was never an option for Italy .
    If you are so interested in Simon,I will give you a new information .Simon is negotiating with Canada for 2020 Olympics .
    As for Leon ; this is the so forced. He isn't even playing for any Polish team .It is more logical if he plays for Russia.

• Lol I hope you aren't giving false information by purpose .This is surely not true , Juantorena was as always Plan A ,in fact there wasn't any other plan . Simon was never an option for Italy .
    If you are so interested in Simon,I will give you a new information .Simon is negotiating with Canada for 2020 Olympics .
    As for Leon ; this is the so forced. He isn't even playing for any Polish team .It is more logical if he plays for Russia.

It was on the italian media for months. No false informations. FIPAV wanted Simon at first.

• Then show me one article :whistle: I followed this case , Simon was never an option. Because if you like it or not Juantorena was the more valuable player .If Travica and Zaytsev weren't such prima donnas, Juamtorena would be part of the team much earlier

Leon's naturalization will take this issue another level and don't forget Simon -Canada connection is on the way.

• Are you sure, Shame?
    I wasn't that much in volleyball in that period so it's absolutely possible I missed something, but I didn't know nothing about it and I was curious to know more so I searched online, but I couldn't find any news about it (partially because in 'Dal15al25' if you look for 'simon' you will have also tons of news about giannelli, buti etc xD).

Are you sure you aren't mistaken with the transfer problem? He had to wait to play in Piacenza because he wasn't getting the transfer despite more than two years of stop...

• Wilfredo Leon got from FIVB official confirmation - He is now registered as Polish player (as from 24th July).
    It means he can play officially as member of Polish NT as from 25th July 2019 !

Good luck bro'. I just hope that things turn out well for him personally.

And I agree with Matthias: Grozer, Travica, Zaytsev and other cases like those are totally different than stealing volleyball players to a small island with an amazing tradition in this sport.

Lets give some responsibility to the cuban federation too. I am sure, all these guys would prefer playing with their buddies for their home country, if only they were allowed to do so. Not much will to compromise would have been needed from cuban federation. But they are stubborn and in a certain way, you can almost admire them for this.

Personally, i will be interested in how things will evolve in the case of Salvador Hidalgo and the german NT. Things should be even less complicated here, as he has never played for any cuban NT. But there hasn't been any movement and the case is pending since 2012.

On his twitter account he linked an article, which implies that the FIVB would need some "incentives" to get active. :whistle:

https://www.shz.de/sport/weite…erokratie-id17637521.html