You are not logged in.

world volleyball coaches show 2018 header

saishuu

Master

• "saishuu" is male
  • "saishuu" started this thread

Favourite Team: BRA (M/F); Trentino, Minas Tênis Clube

Favourite Players: André Heller, Dante, Serginho, Giba, Murilo, Lucarelli, Kaziyski, Sokolov, N'Gapeth, Urnaut; Fê Garay, Fabi, Logan Tom, Kim Yeon-Koung, Kosheleva

Thursday, February 1st 2018, 5:50pm

Brazil NT 2018

Question of the year is: is another silver coming?

I expect the same squad as last year to play in 2018. Any changes would be surprising given how conservative this NT is.

Here's a few names I'd like to see though:

S: Thiaguinho (Sesc), Pedro (Canoas)
OPP: Alan (SESI)
OHs: João Rafael (Sesc), Fábio (Corinthians), Leozinho (JF Vôlei)
MBs: Flávio (Minas), Aracaju (SESI)
L: Rogerinho (Minas)
Gold - European Championship 2013 (M) Prediction Game
Bronze - World Championship 2014 (W) Prediction Game

Thursday, February 1st 2018, 9:36pm

Llan is in

i like allan!

Friday, February 2nd 2018, 12:18am

With Felipe out, there is a huge gap on the OH position. We are left with Lucarelli (speedy recovery!), Douglas, and Mauricio. I wish the names you mentioned above will be given chance to show their ability.

Sidney

Master

Favourite Team: Brazil NT, USA NT, Ned NT, Rexona, Minas, Fenerbahce, Pomi, Bergamo

Favourite Players: Mihajlovic, Natália, Stevanovic, Fabiana, Jucy, Piccinini, Ferretti, Larson

Friday, February 2nd 2018, 12:04pm

Felipe was lucky in the Olympics. He is just an average player. He won't be missed that much...

saishuu

Master

• "saishuu" is male

Favourite Players: André Heller, Dante, Serginho, Giba, Murilo, Lucarelli, Kaziyski, Sokolov, N'Gapeth, Urnaut; Fê Garay, Fabi, Logan Tom, Kim Yeon-Koung, Kosheleva

Friday, February 2nd 2018, 6:00pm

Felipe was lucky in the Olympics. He is just an average player. He won't be missed that much...
The farther he gets from this team, the better.

Saturday, February 3rd 2018, 1:06am

Allan

should be in

guilhermessartor

Intermediate

• "guilhermessartor" is male

Favourite Team: CAMPONESA/Minas; VBC Pomì Casalmaggiore; Dínamo Kazan; Fenerbahçe; Brazil NT.

Favourite Players: Tandara (OH/OPP), Rosamaria (OPP/OH), Kristin Hildebrand (OH), Elitsa Vasileva (OH), Anastasia Guerra (OH), Sarah Pavan (OPP), Jaqueline (OH), Katarzyna Skowronska (OPP), Piccinini (OH), Paula Pequeno (OH).

Saturday, April 14th 2018, 2:12am

Coach Renan called 10 players to start preparation for this year in NT, the trainings starts April 22.

S: Carísio (Minas)
OPP: Felipe Roque (Minas), Abouba (Canoas)
OH: Honorato (Minas), Leozinho (JF), Victor Cardoso (Itapetininga), Djalma (Italy)
MB: Pingo (Minas), Matheus dos Santos (Itapetininga)
L: Rogerinho (Minas)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "guilhermessartor" (Apr 14th 2018, 2:19am)

Bush

Beginner

Favourite Team: Eczacıbaşı, Osasco V.C, Bergamo - BRA NT (W), USA NT (W) - BRA NT (M), USA NT (M), RUS NT (M).

Favourite Players: Dante Amaral, Ognjenović, Sokolova, Larson, Thaisa, Carli Lloyd, Kosheleva, Rasic, Fernanda Garay.

Saturday, April 14th 2018, 4:25am

I have to say, that I'm really surprised, in a positive way, by this convocation of coach Renan. Especially because of Léozinho (c'mon, the guy scored 38 points with 58% on attack, in a game), Abouba, Honorato, Rogérinho and Matheus.
Even if 70% of this boys get cut, they need a chance to train and play some matches.

I will bet that after the playoffs are finished, the rest of the list will have these players:

S: Bruno, William - and maybe Thiaguinho or Rapha
OPP: Wallace, Alan
OH: Maurício Borges, Douglas Souza and Lucarelli (who is expected to be trainning in two months) - with a chance for João Rafael
MB: Lucão, Mauricio Souza, Isac
L: Thales/Thiago Brendle and there's a chance to se Murilo there (which I don't think is a good idea)

saishuu

Master

• "saishuu" is male

Saturday, April 14th 2018, 4:35am

I'm surprised too. Not sure how this is gonna go (if they're only there for training or if there's an actual competition for them to be in), but I'm intrigued. I truly hope this shows Renan is looking into the younger talents for the future. I wish Pedro (S) from Canoas could've made it along with Carísio, though.

Agguerro

Intermediate

• "Agguerro" is male

Favourite Team: Sada Cruzeiro, Brazil NT (M and F), China F team (2004-2008), Italy F team (2007), Chinese W team (current)

Favourite Players: Lucarelli, Cuban women's team 2000, Montano, Jacqueline, Fe Garay, Thaisa, Sheila, Fabiana, Logan Tom, Musavi, Sokolov, Fecundo Conte, Ngapeth, Del Core, Zhou Suhong, Anderson

Monday, April 16th 2018, 2:05pm

I have to say, that I'm really surprised, in a positive way, by this convocation of coach Renan. Especially because of Léozinho (c'mon, the guy scored 38 points with 58% on attack, in a game), Abouba, Honorato, Rogérinho and Matheus.
Even if 70% of this boys get cut, they need a chance to train and play some matches.

I will bet that after the playoffs are finished, the rest of the list will have these players:

S: Bruno, William - and maybe Thiaguinho or Rapha
OPP: Wallace, Alan
OH: Maurício Borges, Douglas Souza and Lucarelli (who is expected to be trainning in two months) - with a chance for João Rafael
MB: Lucão, Mauricio Souza, Isac
L: Thales/Thiago Brendle and there's a chance to se Murilo there (which I don't think is a good idea)

Completely agree about Murillo. I think there are quite a few much better liberos (including the Minas libero), besides the two liberos are playing well. If he did, it would just be less abut merit and more about his supposed 'experience'...

Joao Rafael is a problem for me. The potential is there, but I feel like Honorato has outplayed him - it would even be better to give Rodriguinho a chance because he deserves it and he showed a good level in the u23. He has also played alongside Douglas a lot. Joao is also a bit of a momentum player - he plays well when things are going well.

saishuu

Master

• "saishuu" is male

Yesterday, 11:52pm

10 more names were called by Renan Dal Zotto:

S: Bruno, Thiaguinho
OPP: Wallace, Renan
OHs: Maurício Borges, Lucas Lóh
MBs: Maurício Souza, Éder, Otávio
L: Thales

No João Rafael and, most surprisingly, Tiago Brendle. Rapha wasn't called too apparently.

About me: Favorite teams: M: USA, Serbia, Italy,Russia, Perugia, PGE Skra, Taubate W: Brazil, Japan, Serbia, wherever club Queen Sheilla is at...

"Be careful how you treat people. What you do to others has a funny way of coming back on you..."

Today, 12:03am

I'm not surprised with the exclusion of Joao. He is too injury prone. We might see him in World Championship but I am not sure now that he wants to play in Europe, he might not be good prospect long term unless he goes where Bruno is.

Tiago Brendle I have problems with him in SESC but I am surprised he's not part of the wide roster which means Murilo might make it for ughhh marketing purposes with Jaque as a libero in the women's team. It only makes sense. Brazil loves drama. :gone:
Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

About me: Favorite teams: M: USA, Serbia, Italy,Russia, Perugia, PGE Skra, Taubate W: Brazil, Japan, Serbia, wherever club Queen Sheilla is at...

"Be careful how you treat people. What you do to others has a funny way of coming back on you..."

Today, 12:22am

I'm a little surprised with Lucas Loh. I hadn't seen him play that much. He was probably on the bench most of the time. I might have seen him play vs Perugia in Champions League. I think he passed well so that could be reconsidered why he's in the wide roster.
Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

saishuu

Master

• "saishuu" is male

Today, 12:26am

Considering the others are coming from both Sada Cruzeiro and SESI-SP, here are the ones we'll most likely see in the next list:

S: William
OPP: Alan
OHs: Douglas Souza, Rodriguinho
MBs: Lucão, Isac

Evandro, Lipe and Murilo (as libero) are a toss-up. Personally, I wouldn't like to see any of these back.
Lucarelli is only gonna get called for the WCH due to his injury since he was absent in the first list.

Today, 12:39am

I'm a little sad Flavio didn't make it. His team is too young to make the semifinal. I wish he goes to a stronger team or go overseas like Italy perhaps and try to make a case for himself to RDZ.

saishuu

Master

• "saishuu" is male

Today, 12:57am

I'm sad for Flávio too and I don't understand why he didn't get called with the rest of the guys from Minas in the first list. But I guess him being out of the NT is a done deal at this point.

Social bookmarks