Brazil NT 2018

• Question of the year is: is another silver coming?

I expect the same squad as last year to play in 2018. Any changes would be surprising given how conservative this NT is.

Here's a few names I'd like to see though:

S: Thiaguinho (Sesc), Pedro (Canoas)
    OPP: Alan (SESI)
    OHs: João Rafael (Sesc), Fábio (Corinthians), Leozinho (JF Vôlei)
    MBs: Flávio (Minas), Aracaju (SESI)
    L: Rogerinho (Minas)

• Felipe was lucky in the Olympics. He is just an average player. He won't be missed that much...

• Coach Renan called 10 players to start preparation for this year in NT, the trainings starts April 22.

S: Carísio (Minas)
    OPP: Felipe Roque (Minas), Abouba (Canoas)
    OH: Honorato (Minas), Leozinho (JF), Victor Cardoso (Itapetininga), Djalma (Italy)
    MB: Pingo (Minas), Matheus dos Santos (Itapetininga)
    L: Rogerinho (Minas)

• I have to say, that I'm really surprised, in a positive way, by this convocation of coach Renan. Especially because of Léozinho (c'mon, the guy scored 38 points with 58% on attack, in a game), Abouba, Honorato, Rogérinho and Matheus.
    Even if 70% of this boys get cut, they need a chance to train and play some matches.

I will bet that after the playoffs are finished, the rest of the list will have these players:

S: Bruno, William - and maybe Thiaguinho or Rapha
    OPP: Wallace, Alan
    OH: Maurício Borges, Douglas Souza and Lucarelli (who is expected to be trainning in two months) - with a chance for João Rafael
    MB: Lucão, Mauricio Souza, Isac
    L: Thales/Thiago Brendle and there's a chance to se Murilo there (which I don't think is a good idea)

• I'm surprised too. Not sure how this is gonna go (if they're only there for training or if there's an actual competition for them to be in), but I'm intrigued. I truly hope this shows Renan is looking into the younger talents for the future. I wish Pedro (S) from Canoas could've made it along with Carísio, though.

• Completely agree about Murillo. I think there are quite a few much better liberos (including the Minas libero), besides the two liberos are playing well. If he did, it would just be less abut merit and more about his supposed 'experience'...

Joao Rafael is a problem for me. The potential is there, but I feel like Honorato has outplayed him - it would even be better to give Rodriguinho a chance because he deserves it and he showed a good level in the u23. He has also played alongside Douglas a lot. Joao is also a bit of a momentum player - he plays well when things are going well.

• 10 more names were called by Renan Dal Zotto:

S: Bruno, Thiaguinho
    OPP: Wallace, Renan
    OHs: Maurício Borges, Lucas Lóh
    MBs: Maurício Souza, Éder, Otávio
    L: Thales

No João Rafael and, most surprisingly, Tiago Brendle. Rapha wasn't called too apparently.

• I'm not surprised with the exclusion of Joao. He is too injury prone. We might see him in World Championship but I am not sure now that he wants to play in Europe, he might not be good prospect long term unless he goes where Bruno is.

Tiago Brendle I have problems with him in SESC but I am surprised he's not part of the wide roster which means Murilo might make it for ughhh marketing purposes with Jaque as a libero in the women's team. It only makes sense. Brazil loves drama. :gone:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I'm a little surprised with Lucas Loh. I hadn't seen him play that much. He was probably on the bench most of the time. I might have seen him play vs Perugia in Champions League. I think he passed well so that could be reconsidered why he's in the wide roster.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Considering the others are coming from both Sada Cruzeiro and SESI-SP, here are the ones we'll most likely see in the next list:

S: William
    OPP: Alan
    OHs: Douglas Souza, Rodriguinho
    MBs: Lucão, Isac

Evandro, Lipe and Murilo (as libero) are a toss-up. Personally, I wouldn't like to see any of these back.
    Lucarelli is only gonna get called for the WCH due to his injury since he was absent in the first list.

• I'm a little sad Flavio didn't make it. His team is too young to make the semifinal. I wish he goes to a stronger team or go overseas like Italy perhaps and try to make a case for himself to RDZ.

#FreeBritney

• I'm sad for Flávio too and I don't understand why he didn't get called with the rest of the guys from Minas in the first list. But I guess him being out of the NT is a done deal at this point.

• 1 - Bruno Rezende “Bruninho”

2 - Isac Santos

3 - Éder Carbonera

4 - Leonardo Nascimento “Léozinho”

5 - Lucas Lóh

6 – Thiago Veloso “Thiaguinho”

7 - William Arjona

8 - Wallace de Souza

9 - Thales Hoss

10 - Otávio Henrique

11 - Rodrigo Leão “Rodriguinho”

12 - Felipe Fonteles “Lipe”

13 - Maurício Souza

14 - Douglas Souza

15 - Murilo Endres

16 – Lucas Saatkamp “Lucão”

17 - Evandro Guerra

18 - Henrique Honorato

19 - Maurício Borges

20 - Renan Buiatti

21 - Alan Souza

22 - Thiago Brendle

23 - Raphael Oliveira “Rapha”

24 - Djalma Moreira

25 - Victor Cardoso

26 - Thiago Barth

worldofvolley

#FreeBritney

• Lol I knew drama was coming.

Serginho of Sada Cruzeiro blasted Renan del Zotto and Murilo's inclusion to the NT. :gone:

#FreeBritney

• Serginho is absolutely right but the reason that he was never invited to the NT is NOT technical and he should know that... a player is not only made by their skills, see Destine Hooker situation in US.