Brazil NT 2018

• Serginho is absolutely right but the reason that he was never invited to the NT is NOT technical and he should know that... a player is not only made by their skills, see Destine Hooker situation in US.

Agreed.

Maybe he's a good person off the court but he feels like someone who cares about his performance than for his teammates.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Why didn't they just add him as an assistant coach?

I don't think he has any coaching experience.

This is probably for marketing. Murilo and Jaque are now liberos. It's like a fairytale for both players. I really don't mind his inclusion. I would love to see Murilo back in libero jersey. :gone:

I have doubts that he will make it to WCh anyway. I think this is just a way for them to make up to Murilo's dismissal from the rio olympics roster in my opinion. It's also probably his last chance to prove himself again.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I don't think he has any coaching experience.

This is probably for marketing. Murilo and Jaque are now liberos. It's like a fairytale for both players. I really don't mind his inclusion. I would love to see Murilo back in libero jersey. :gone:

I have doubts that he will make it to WCh. I think this is just a way for them to make up to Murilo's dismissal from the rio olympics roster.

He will be there. Only two liberos were called to the NT and WCH requires two.
    Jaque will compete with Suelen and Gabiru. I think she might have a shot of getting the spot, and I wouldn't care.

• He will be there. Only two liberos were called to the NT and WCH requires two.
    Jaque will compete with Suelen and Gabiru. I think she might have a shot of getting the spot, and I wouldn't care.

Brendle is part of the VNL preliminary roster in the FIVB website apparently.

#FreeBritney

• Brendle is part of the VNL preliminary roster in the FIVB website apparently.

But he is not invited to the NT. That list is too long and normally Brazilian coaches call 16-20 players maximum.

• Serginho is absolutely right but the reason that he was never invited to the NT is NOT technical and he should know that... a player is not only made by their skills, see Destine Hooker situation in US.

He was in 2001 and 2002. He won a silver medal at the 2001 Grand Champions Cup. :teach:

• He was in 2001 and 2002. He won a silver medal at the 2001 Grand Champions Cup. :teach:

Ok then so almost never

• I wish Murilo rejected the call solely based on performance, but everyone in the NT loves him and there is probably no drama within the team itself, so who cares lol all of this is just a circus put together by the media that probably will not affect the team whatsoever.

In positive news, I am glad Leozinho and Birigui got the call and will join the team in the VNL. Hope they get some play time during easier games at least.

• Any updates on when Lucarelli is likely to join the team?

• First names called for trainings for the WCH:

Bruninho and William (setters), Wallace and Evandro (opposites), Lucão, Maurício Souza, Éder and Isac (middle-blockers), Lipe, Lucas Lóh, Lucarelli, Douglas, Rodriguinho and Victor Cardoso (outside hitters) and Thales (libero).

Kadu (OH), who was caught in a doping case in Italy last year (?), was also invited for whatever reason.

Maurício Borges (OH) is a question mark due to his knee injury.

ETA: He's confirmed out of the WCH. He'll undergo surgery and be out for months.

• SMH trust me they are going to bring the same team from Rio Olympics.

• SMH trust me they are going to bring the same team from Rio Olympics.

They would hadn't Serginho retired and Borges gotten injured. :lol:

I think the question now is whether Renan will take 5 OHs + Thales as the only libero or 4 OHs + Thales and another libero, possibly from the B squad that's gonna play the Pan Cup. Victor will probably get cut, so the last spot should be between Douglas, Lóh and Rodriguinho.

• They would hadn't Serginho retired and Borges gotten injured. :lol:

I think the question now is whether Renan will take 5 OHs + Thales as the only libero or 4 OHs + Thales and another libero, possibly from the B squad that's gonna play the Pan Cup. Victor will probably get cut, so the last spot should be between Douglas, Lóh and Rodriguinho.

He can't take only one libero. You have to bring 2 liberos if there are 14 players.

• They would hadn't Serginho retired and Borges gotten injured. :lol:

Two spots will go to Douglas, Loh and Rodriguinho.

• Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• OMG can the club do that? I thought NT's responsibility is above club's. Judging from VNL, Brazil NEEDS Lucarelli. This is crazy.

But as saishuu said, maybe Lucarelli is not on a great shape at all. Maybe they know he is not fully ready, so in order not to jeopardize his club's future, they decided to do that.

I don't know, man. Brazil NEEDS Lucarelli. But his health is important, too. Maybe they could do what Ze did to Gabi, letting him play 1 set per match.

• They can! Apparently there's a clause in his contract with Taubaté that says he has to return to the club in the same shape he left, basically meaning if he comes back with any new injury he's out. There's talks Taubaté will break his contract if he accepts the NT invitation and attends the trainings too, but I'm not sure if there's much (legal) truth to this. Anyway, it's all sad. Brazil won't achieve anything in this WCH without him and Borges, but I'm not sure they'd with an out-of-shape Lucarelli (who hasn't played in many months) either...

• Taubate had no lucky in the past 2 seasons.... They signed Gavin Schmitt but he got injured before the season started, he arrived late and after 2 games he got injured again. ... This past season they signed Ivovic and he got injured.... He arrived on time ( I think) but was not 100% until the 2nd half of the season....

That`s why they are being very careful with Lucarelli.

Will Conte be at the WCH? I read that he has already joined Taubate as they already started the preparations for next season... I have never seen a player do that, join the club and then leave for the NT.....usually NT players won`t join the team until they are 100% done with the NT.