Brazil NT 2018

• Why is Lucarelli out, and for how long?

• Why is Lucarelli out, and for how long?

He suffered an Achilles tendon rupture last November. No one knows exactly how long it'll be until he's fully back.

Things are not looking good for the Rio Olympics gold winner. SMH> They should have start playing with the younger team much earlier. Now that Lucarelli is out (perhaps), things are just getting worse for them.

I hate to be pessimistic (even though that's my brand lmao), but I don't think we can expect anything from Brazil this year.

• Lucarelli's out for the world championship. It's final. He sided with Taubate and chose the superliga. I understand his position though. Taubate have to protect its investment and Lucarelli had to protect his contract and career. It'll be unfair for both sides if they get the worst deal if Lucarelli suffers another injury that can potentially worsen his condition.

-

Any word on Joao? I know the guy have physical problems all over the place but he's the only player who can score at will and replace Lucarelli. Is he still injured? I wonder if RDS will consider him.

This will probably be Brazil's final pos 4 lineup though: Douglas, Lipe, Rodriguinho and Lucas Loh.

I'm not really confident with the players here. No one is consistent and no one among them is a definitive point getter. i wish Lipe just sacrifice his spot to give a young prospect experience. It's a high risk but Brazil can atleast expect more from preparedness from current young players in Tokyo 2020. :whistle:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

Edited once, last by Rains ().

• I don't think anyone is confident Brazil can do anything this WCH lol they might reach F6, but the other teams are miles ahead given our pool of OHs. Kadu is training with the team as well, by the way, so there's a small chance he makes it there.

Oh, and João wasn't even called for the VNL, so there's zero chances he'll make it to the WCH. Hell, he wasn't even called for the Pan American Cup. I don't think he's gonna be part of the NT anytime soon (if ever).

• Poor Taubate. They have got to be the unluckiest club in the world. Otavio had to undergo a broken heel surgery during the NT season. He probably can never make it to the final roster with that injury. I feel so bad for him but then Coach Renan did not really use him and probably will never make it even if he had great games.

Seems like Taubate dodged a bullet after rejecting the idea of Lucarelli for the world championship. All these injuries every season feels like a curse. :gone:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I think Coach Renan will take 5 OHs(Douglas,Lipe,Lucas Loh,Kadu and Rodriguinho) but one of them will suit up as the second libero or go with three MBs which is unlikely than the first scenario. That's just a guess.

#FreeBritney

• He will probably take Maique as the second libero as there needs to be two fixed players in that position, otherwise there is no reason he would be playing these friendlies against The Netherlands. Now the question is who gets cut between Éder, Loh and Rodriguinho imo. Lipe may not go as well as he is still injured, which would make things easier. The other MBs and OHs are set I believe.

• when will leal be eligible to play for brazil. and similarly leon for poland? juantorena was immediately permitted to play for italy as far as i remember. so why is it taking so long for these guys?

Both Leal and Leon will be eligible next year iirc.

• juantorena was immediately permitted to play for italy as far as i remember

that's not true. He got Italian citizenship in 2010 but was allowed to play for the NT in 2013.

• The dates they can start playing ...

Leal - April 30, 2019

Leon - July 24, 2019

Leal will be able to play VNL....if the schedule will be the same as this year`s then Leon won`t be able to play VNL. They both will be able to play in the World Cup but it won`t qualify for the Olympics so it won`t really matter... But what will matter for Poland is when the OG QF tournament will be played because for sure they will need Leon for that one.

• Coach RDZ will consider all 5 OHs and only Thales as libero in the world championship.

Bruno Voloch

It makes sense to me. Neither Douglas, Lucas Loh and Lipe are consistent to play as starters. Lipe and Douglas are also prone to injuries. Renan having four options as OH is better than three if one of them gets a tournament-ending injury.

#FreeBritney

• But one of those OHs will have to swtich to libero, right?! I'm 99% sure that 2 liberos are mandatory in a 14-player list.

• But one of those OHs will have to swtich to libero, right?! I'm 99% sure that 2 liberos are mandatory in a 14-player list.

Maybe you can assign any player as libero before the match and not the whole competition or I misunderstood Voloch for Renan taking a single libero in the match from a single libero for the whole championship.

#FreeBritney

• Maybe you can assign any player as libero before the match and not the whole competition or I misunderstood Voloch for Renan taking a single libero in the match from a single libero for the whole championship.

In 2014 only 12 players were in the court each match. The other 2 were on the stands. I don't know how they'll do it this time.

If 14 players are in the court, I'm pretty sure two liberos are needed, so I don't see any reason for not taking 2 liberos. Maybe Voloch doesn't know the rule.

• Question of the year is: is another silver coming?

I was not wrong, huh.

By the way, we might not see William (S) in the NT next year. Apparently he and Renan had a deal until 2018 and now 2019 is gonna be a year to test out new setters.

He is not retiring though, as he said he wants to keep playing in the NT for as long as he can, Here is his interview with a Brazilian blog (in Portuguese).