2018 / 2019 Transfer Rumors and Discussion

• Italian volleyball players according to Fabio:

I'm joking, but I disagree about everything. :win:

• With Zaytsev out of Perugia (probably Modena), Lanza will take his place.
    Russell, Jaesckhe or Dzavronock (:what:) may took his place in Trento, that will have to aire two italian MBs (Galassi for sure, the other may be Volpato or Rossi, not Polo), so I guess it's a bye bye for Kozamenrick as well, and I'm very sorry about it, because I like him in general and especially because none of the others has such a good float serve, with imho these day is veeeery important.

• Russell in Trento? Do it Sirci! :super:

Now the only question is Grebennikov, for this to happen... I can count Nelli,Giannelli and...Galassi/Polo. I am not confident with this italian roster but Kovacevic?,Russell? Jaeschke? Lisinac and Grebennikkov looks also promising. Maybe Argenta could go to Trento as well if Vettori takes a break or gets loaned to another club?

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

Edited 3 times, last by Rains ().

• As far as I understand Trento will have both Nelli and Vettori, but if Vettori situation will variate (aka, if Trento will be able to get rid of him or he will stop...), it would also be interesting having both Nelli and Argenta... but I guess the best thing for them is find a team where to be titular. I heard rumors that Argenta may go in Ravenna, since Buccheger will probably follow Soli (coach) and Orduna in Monza.

Rains, as I wrote Polo doesn't seems a chance.

QPL, I know you don't like Lanza (and you definitely have your reason), but after all in this Perugia team he may work well as balance-man, discharged from too much responsibility in attack having Leon and Bata (he will probably be use more for his specialty, playing with the tips of a formed block), not having the burden to carry his team as leader and captain, not being very important from the service line in Perugia system, since they have way better servers... Still, it has to be considered that since he will probably mostly play trash and out of system balls, he may not have very high efficacy/percentages.

And about Russell in Trento, of course I'll be glad to have him and I also prefer him to the other names, but I'mnot that sure a reception line up Kovacevic-Russell-Grebennikov, could work that well, even with such a great libero. At least they're both quite good in defense, though.

• I also don't like Lanza. In my opinion Zaytsev and Russell are stronger than him. Hiring him... i think Perugia leaves a small hole of vulnerability for other teams to exploit.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Some fans of Sada Cruzeiro are suggesting to get Joao(Sesc) instead of Sander to get a better opposite like Grozer. I actually like this but Sada already renewed with Evandro and signed with Luan. Taking 3 opposites could be but a waste of space if you don't let go of someone.

#FreeBritney

• Joao is definitely not on the level of what Sada needs. If it were to hire him, it's better to promote Rodriguinho as a starter.

• In my opinion Zaytsev and Russell are stronger than him.

But this isn't the question: if it wasn't for non-sport-related problem, Perugia would have preferred to keep Zaytsev without doubt.

As for Russell, the discussion isn't if he is better than Lanza, but if it's worthy to put Podke on the bench to keep him titular (considering that Italy doesn't have such strong MBs). I'm not so sure about it. May be for others top OHs it would be, but they're all taken by now, I think.

Another question we may wonder about if it's Lanza is the best Italian replacement for Zaytsev: well, Juantorena isn't available. I love Kovar and Parodi, but I wouldn't trust them to be titular all the season long (may be for different reasons, but still); Randazzo is an attack-prone OH, which isn't what Perugia need the most (and I don't think he's better than Lanza, not yet at least); same for Antonov, with the plus of a better serve, but again, Perugia already has great servers (and beside me, also Lorenzetti, Stoytchev, Blengini think that... I'll say it's enough)
    So, among the italian OH, Lanza is definitely the best option for Perugia, also for his characteristics in relation with Perugia's needs, imho.

• The drama is not over yet. It looks like Sirci made an offer to Zaytsev who now will take his time to consider everything. He also said that he gave that interview right after the title, just to express his feelings and his truth. He said that Sirci is a person that you learn to handle and that their relationship is quite strange.

On the last point, I do believe him :lol: :lol: they are both two hard personalities to deal with. As for the market: we will probably know something after the CL final 4.

• It's even seems that Sirci's offer (arrived two days ago, after Zaytsev interviews) is quite big, it's higher than his previous one, for two years. Second only to Leon offer, in the team.

Weird situation!

• Various rumors:

- Pesaresi in Milano

- Milano may aire Yosifov (Galassi is going to Trento and Piano physical and contractual conditions are still unknown – he belongs to Modena and he is on loan in Milano, for the record)

- De Pandis may go in Verona, that thought also of Perry; with an Italian libero they hope to grab Holt (Modena has already closed with Anzani and has Mazzoni... I still don't understand why Anzani went there, by the way. Well, beside money, may be...)
    Otherwise they'll aire Alletti

- Argenta may go in Latina or Paris (but also Ravenna doesn't have an opposite now... I don't know if Argenta is cheap enough, though, but at least he owns his own 'cartellino' so who'll aire him in Italy doesn't have to buy it from Modena).

- Patch may go in Berlin

• About Lube, comments/infos by Cormio, Lube general director.

Grebennikov had rush to find an alternative (? I knew Lube didn't want a foreign libero anymore, is it possible it was Grebennikov the first to leave? When Lube is stronger than Trento?...)

Sander had an year of contract (I think he meant 'another' year) and a very high fee to broke it (so, it was convenitene for Lube to let him go because Sada payed them).

Leal – They're working on it, it's complex because he is changing nationality. They hope to close it in 10 days, being among the 5 top OHs of the world.

Balaso – They needed an Italian libero to use Stankovic as titular.

Candellaro – he'll probably go, wanting a spot as titular that they can't guarantee (my note: Cester will probably be titular)

Bruno-Christenson – Bruno signed with them on March the 23rd, and he has to respect it. Micah signed with Azimut as well. I spoke to Micah before I spoke to Bruno and Bruno was the one to propose himself to us, being unhappy about Stoytchev and wanting to be sure to play the CL, the only competition he hadn't won yet. Cormio'll meet Bruno in 2-3 days and the'll solve it. He is a professional person and will come to Lube. If he won't, he'll has to stay in Brazil, he can't play in Modena, period. Cormio suggested Modena said they want to keep Bruno only to keep the fans calm.

• Rumours from Germany:

Coach Cedric Enard (Tours) is said to take over Berlin. Also Denys Kaliberda is in negotiations with the club.

Czech NT setter Jakoub Januch to VfB Friedrichshafen. Also romanian OH Adrian Aciobanitei (United Volleys) may come back to the club.
    Coach Michael Warm (United Volleys) hasn't received a new offer yet and may leave the club. Tobias Krick (MB) is checking offers and could also quit.

Tom Strohbach (OH, Herrsching) is leaving Bavaria and may go abroad.

• So, if Bruno is really going in direction Civitanova, why did he initiate the whole Stoychev-is-the-Devil circus just to get him fired? Both troublemakers left Modena, the club they so passionately loved and to which they declared their eternal love and loyalty. This is just ridiculous and unprofessional, in my opinion. And whereas we all know how the Ngapeth deal will end in Russia, I am very curious to see how long Bruno will feel "motivated" in Civitanova.

Is there some background behind the setters' rotation between Lube and Modena?

• I've grown to dislike Bruno after this Stoychev business.

I think he just wanted to pass the blame on somebody else with their failed season in Modena and also used the chaos within to make a transfer to Lube, go to a stronger club that could compete in the Superlega and Champions League for the gold and effectively play with Leal as he will be able to suit up for the Brazil NT in the following year. It's like hitting four-five birds with one stone. It's very clever actually. :white:

#FreeBritney

Edited once, last by Rains ().