2018 / 2019 Transfer Rumors and Discussion

• Rumours of Kovacevic-Jaeschke exchange.

This is a very bad trade. I hope Mosna thinks about it.

Jaeschke is very unstable even more so than Russell. I would keep Kovacevic and hope that Trento can get Jaeschke or another foreign OH to become the back up. I think Jaeschke would be good for Trento to have an american friend with Russell as his company. I don't think Jaeschke would be left out, he has a very good serve and could improve if he stays in Italy. Kovacevic and Russell are not also perfect so there's definitely no way he won't get game time.

Russell-Lanza exchange rumours are becoming louder in the market. I won't be surprised if we have an announcement before June.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

Edited 2 times, last by Rains ().

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i77TLQJHJBE
    Zaytsev's presentation in Modena. He's the real volleyball star here in Italy :teach:

This remind me the very big crowd when Diouf came in our city 3 years ago :sos:

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

• Brenden Sander(Taylor Sander's younger brother) to Verona

Argenta to Ravenna

Velasco doesn't like Cebulj/Bednorz(he wants good receivers like Berger who has a contract with Perugia. He wants to go away but in Milano). Do I trust Velasco? I don't. I think Modena made a big mistake on hiring him. His philosophy will probably hurt Modena than it will help them. He was one part of the reason Argentina lost in the quarterfinal of Rio Olympics.

Toncek Stern to Latina

Maruotti to Civitanova

Sam Holt to Belgium's Knack Roeselare

Cavacinni to Verona

Ivolleymagazine

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Velasco doesn't like Cebulj/Bednorz(he wants good receivers like Berger who has a contract with Perugia. He wants to go away but in Milano). Do I trust Velasco? I don't. I think Modena made a big mistake on hiring him. His philosophy will probably hurt Modena than it will help them. He was one part of the reason Argentina lost in the quarterfinal of Rio Olympics.

You have no idea what you're talking about, he made Argentina into a MUCH better team. Argentina under Weber used to struggle against Germany or Bulgaria B, now they can win games against Russia, Brazil or Serbia. Before he had also done the same with Iran.

Argentina lost at the olympics because they simply faced the best team too early.

But I don't have to convince you about this, wait for the WCh and see for yourself.

• You have no idea what you're talking about, he made Argentina into a MUCH better team. Argentina under Weber used to struggle against Germany or Bulgaria B, now they can win games against Russia, Brazil or Serbia. Before he had also done the same with Iran.

Argentina lost at the olympics because they simply faced the best team too early.

Agreed. Argentina could've been a threat to any of the other teams in Rio.
    And I'm with Velasco in thinking Cebulj and Bednorz are not enough, at least for a team like Modena.

• I don't see your point. Bulgaria and Germany are weaker from the London Olympics. I never expected them to do better now. By the way Argentina in London defeated Bulgaria Team A.

Argentina also got beaten in the South American Championship by Venezuela. :gone: I really cannot trust him with his results lately. He also has a terrible knaxk for underestimating opponents nowadays. If CSV decided with the South American Championship as the sole qualifier for the World Championship, they wouldn't even qualify for this year's biggest competition.

I mean I agree that they faced Brazil early but why would you do that when they could've done an Italy and just go with USA or Canada. That was really stupid. Russia got so lucky they got Canada. :lol:

#FreeBritney

• I don't see your point. Bulgaria and Germany are weaker from the London Olympics. I never expected them to do better now. By the way Argentina in London defeated Bulgaria Team A.

Argentina also got beaten in the South American Championship by Venezuela. :gone: I really cannot trust him with his results lately. He also has a terrible knaxk for underestimating opponents nowadays. If CSV decided with the South American Championship as the sole qualifier for the World Championship, they wouldn't even qualify for this year's biggest competition.

You don't understand, Argentina had decent run in 2011/early 2012 but in 2013/14 they were regressing losing to Bulgaria B, Germany B, Canada B... Velasco arrived and the team started playing better little by little, year by year, defending better, attacking better, serving better. All this without any super stars.

The Venezuela game doesn't really matter, it's just one bad game and Venezuela was beaten 3-0 after that, in the game that mattered. Also, Argentina played the whole season with basically Poglajen as the only natural attacking player.

And we don't even have to talk about his job in Iran, he turned them from nobodies to world beaters. And since he left Iran has only regressed. I don't think that's a coincidence.

• You don't understand, Argentina had decent run in 2011/early 2012 but in 2013/14 they were regressing losing to Bulgaria B, Germany B, Canada B... Velasco arrived and the team started playing better little by little, year by year, defending better, attacking better, serving better. All this without any super stars.

The Venezuela game doesn't really matter, it's just one bad game and Venezuela was beaten 3-0 after that, in the game that mattered. Also, Argentina played the whole season with basically Poglajen as the only natural attacking player.

And we don't even have to talk about his job in Iran, he turned them from nobodies to world beaters. And since he left Iran has only regressed. I don't think that's a coincidence.

Wasn't 2013 the year Argentina hosted the world league? I mean I agree that was a bad year but being a host nation of world league is a curse. Even Uriarte was starting ahead of De Cecco but they still almost beat Brazil in South American Championship. :whistling:

For Iran, it could be possible that they regressed...

...but with Kovac they almost medaled in the world championship and world league of 2014, with Lozano they made the olympics and with Kolakovic they made their best finish in a FIVB world stage last year in the World Grand Champions Cup with a bronze medal.

#FreeBritney

• Wasn't 2013 the year Argentina hosted the world league? I mean I agree that was a bad year but being a host nation of world league is a curse. Even Uriarte was starting ahead of De Cecco but they still almost beat Brazil in South American Championship. :whistling:

For Iran, it could be possible that they regressed...

...but with Kovac they almost medaled in the world championship and world league of 2014, with Lozano they made the olympics and with Kolakovic they made their best finish in a FIVB world stage last year in the World Grand Champions Cup with a bronze medal.

I have the theory that Kovac only reaped the fruits of Velasco's tenure (he left just few months before the competition). The following year Iran was very bad under him.

Making the olympics isn't that impressive, Iran was already far above other asian teams. Yes, I know they missed it in 2012, but that was just a massive accident of a loss against Australia.
    Point taken about the grand champions cup, I had forgotten about it. Maybe they are resurrecting now.

• That's also impressive on Kovac's part that he was able to have grwat achievements in a short time. In my opinion Iranian players have a problem with their mentality as players that Kovac style of coaching is incompatible with their attitudes. I don't think Kovac was doing bad anyway. The players probably doesn't feel his vibe in a cultural way.

Changing coaches every year can be beneficial or detriment. I think Lozano made a fine adjustment on ironing whatever kinks they had before the olympic qualifications.

For Kolakovic, he's probably a mystery. I don't trust him yet even if they won their biggest medal in the world stage. A lot of teams were still in the process of building the team chemistry after the olympics with new players and Iran was probably lucky that there was no such big changes for their team.

I like that Ebadipour and Manavi are playing overseas so he's still probably oing something that wasn't popular among iranian players. Their roles are very important after all. It could make or break any team if the OHs are inexperienced.

Anyway, let's end this conversation. We are already out of topic. :wavy:

#FreeBritney

Edited once, last by Rains ().

• I have the theory that Kovac only reaped the fruits of Velasco's tenure (he left just few months before the competition). The following year Iran was very bad under him.

Making the olympics isn't that impressive, Iran was already far above other asian teams. Yes, I know they missed it in 2012, but that was just a massive accident of a loss against Australia.
    Point taken about the grand champions cup, I had forgotten about it. Maybe they are resurrecting now.

Yep. I think most people here agree with you on this
    I don't know if Kovac was good or bad but players weren't listening to him. Velasco (as a very smart person) found the problem too early by kicking Marouf out of the NT in his first decision. that was a good lesson for everybody. Marouf later came back to the team after a year.
    as you said Lozano did nothing special with Iran, they even had hard time for the qualification, China brought Iran to the 5th set. even Iran B or Iran U23 teams had beaten China before and after that. he also didn't have control over his players, the 3 musketeers Marouf/Mousavi/Mahmoudi boycotted the Olympic opening ceremony for some stupid reasons, I would send them home right away

Too early to judge Kolakovic, I'm glad with that WGCC bronze but we know that's not a serious tournament. still they beat some big teams in tie-break which reminds me of the old team with that fighting spirit. i like some of his disciplinary decisions though

I
    like that Ebadipour and Manavi are playing overseas so he's still probably oing something that wasn't popular among iranian players. Their
    roles are very important after all. It could make or break any team if the OHs are inexperienced.

I did not follow Manavinejad and Ebadipour for the whole season, I watched few matches but I don't know if they were successful with their clubs or not. but I give them credit for that, they could get more money for less number of matches in Iran.

but I assume we will see more Iranian players in European clubs next year. the only club who could pay big in Iran doesn't exist anymore, and considering the current financial situations for other clubs I think few more will go abroad , this time mostly for money.

• In my opinion player talent is 95% of a volleyball team's success. A coach's impact is small unless it is over a long period (3-4 years)

• I don't know if Kovac was good or bad but players weren't listening to him. Velasco (as a very smart person) found the problem too early by kicking Marouf out of the NT in his first decision. that was a good lesson for everybody. Marouf later came back to the team after a year.
    as you said Lozano did nothing special with Iran, they even had hard time for the qualification, China brought Iran to the 5th set. even Iran B or Iran U23 teams had beaten China before and after that. he also didn't have control over his players, the 3 musketeers Marouf/Mousavi/Mahmoudi boycotted the Olympic opening ceremony for some stupid reasons, I would send them home right away

In which year did Velasco kick Marouf out of NT? Could you shed more light on the whole incident?

• as you said Lozano did nothing special with Iran, they even had hard time for the qualification, China brought Iran to the 5th set. even Iran B or Iran U23 teams had beaten China before and after that. he also didn't have control over his players, the 3 musketeers Marouf/Mousavi/Mahmoudi boycotted the Olympic opening ceremony for some stupid reasons, I would send them home right away

Every top team from Canada to Poland in the world olympic qualifiers had problems with China. China was like the only team that won at least a single set for every match.

I would say that if they were only lucky and won the tiebreaks they've lost, they could've made it to the olympics past Canada. Canada was practically on the brink of elimination in their last match because China was playing too well in that tournament.

#FreeBritney

• In which year did Velasco kick Marouf out of NT? Could you shed more light on the whole incident?

after his first training camp with the team in Italy. back in 2011. The grandpa Amir Hosseini (who is still playing volleyball :lol: ) was Iran's setter during the 2011 Asian Champs and 2011 World Cup.
    I can't remember the details but apparently Marouf wanted guarantee from the coach to be the starting setter. but Velasco kicked him out instead. he later solved his problems with Velasco and was a "good boy" until Velasco leaves.

• Now that Micah is officially in Modena, could someone make a recap how it unfolded. All I know is Bruno said that Modena was the one who made the 1st move to sign Micah. Is this true? If not, what’s the real score? Was Lube not satisfied with Micah’s 3 years stint? Are these part of the Italian league revamp to make it more interesting year-on-year?

Appreciate greatly the summary. Pretty please...:-)