You are not logged in.

world volleyball coaches show 2018 header

About me: Favorite teams: M: USA, Serbia, Italy,Russia, Perugia, PGE Skra, Taubate W: Brazil, Japan, Serbia, wherever club Queen Sheilla is at...

"Be careful how you treat people. What you do to others has a funny way of coming back on you..."

Saturday, May 19th 2018, 1:06pm

Rumours of Kovacevic-Jaeschke exchange.

This is a very bad trade. I hope Mosna thinks about it.

Jaeschke is very unstable even more so than Russell. I would keep Kovacevic and hope that Trento can get Jaeschke or another foreign OH to become the back up. I think Jaeschke would be good for Trento to have an american friend with Russell as his company. I don't think Jaeschke would be left out, he has a very good serve and could improve if he stays in Italy. Kovacevic and Russell are not also perfect so there's definitely no way he won't get game time.

Russell-Lanza exchange rumours are becoming louder in the market. I won't be surprised if we have an announcement before June.
Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Rains" (May 19th 2018, 1:18pm)

Spyro

Trainee

Favourite Team: Italy NT

Favourite Players: Sokolova,Zhu,Kim,Gioli,Del Core

Saturday, May 19th 2018, 8:03pm

http://dal15al25.gazzetta.it/2018/05/17/…er-perugia-nega
According to this,Modena wants Berger but Perugia doesn't want to let him go.
Kozamernik may go to Milano.

Spyro

Trainee

Favourite Team: Italy NT

Favourite Players: Sokolova,Zhu,Kim,Gioli,Del Core

Saturday, May 19th 2018, 8:06pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i77TLQJHJBE
Zaytsev's presentation in Modena. He's the real volleyball star here in Italy :teach:

Mamdani

Professional

• "Mamdani" is male

Favourite Team: Azimut Modena Volley, Italy NT (M/F)

Favourite Players: Vullo - Cuminetti - Van de Goor - Giani - Bracci - Cantagalli (Modena 96/97)

Saturday, May 19th 2018, 8:56pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i77TLQJHJBE
Zaytsev's presentation in Modena. He's the real volleyball star here in Italy :teach:

This remind me the very big crowd when Diouf came in our city 3 years ago :sos:
Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

About me: Favorite teams: M: USA, Serbia, Italy,Russia, Perugia, PGE Skra, Taubate W: Brazil, Japan, Serbia, wherever club Queen Sheilla is at...

"Be careful how you treat people. What you do to others has a funny way of coming back on you..."

Yesterday, 5:11pm

Brenden Sander(Taylor Sander's younger brother) to Verona

Argenta to Ravenna

Velasco doesn't like Cebulj/Bednorz(he wants good receivers like Berger who has a contract with Perugia. He wants to go away but in Milano). Do I trust Velasco? I don't. I think Modena made a big mistake on hiring him. His philosophy will probably hurt Modena than it will help them. He was one part of the reason Argentina lost in the quarterfinal of Rio Olympics.

Toncek Stern to Latina

Maruotti to Civitanova

Sam Holt to Belgium's Knack Roeselare

Cavacinni to Verona

Ivolleymagazine
Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

ryleybarnes

Intermediate

Yesterday, 5:32pm

I only hoped Ngapeth would stay. Maybe after a failure in Kazan? :heart:

LDvolley

Professional

Favourite Team: Argentina NT, Bolivar, Cuba NT

Favourite Players: Conte family, De Cecco, Zaytsev, León

Yesterday, 6:08pm

Velasco doesn't like Cebulj/Bednorz(he wants good receivers like Berger who has a contract with Perugia. He wants to go away but in Milano). Do I trust Velasco? I don't. I think Modena made a big mistake on hiring him. His philosophy will probably hurt Modena than it will help them. He was one part of the reason Argentina lost in the quarterfinal of Rio Olympics.

You have no idea what you're talking about, he made Argentina into a MUCH better team. Argentina under Weber used to struggle against Germany or Bulgaria B, now they can win games against Russia, Brazil or Serbia. Before he had also done the same with Iran.

Argentina lost at the olympics because they simply faced the best team too early.

But I don't have to convince you about this, wait for the WCh and see for yourself.

saishuu

Master

• "saishuu" is male
  • "saishuu" started this thread

Favourite Team: BRA (M/F); Trentino, Minas Tênis Clube

Favourite Players: André Heller, Dante, Serginho, Murilo, Kaziyski, Sokolov, N'Gapeth, Urnaut; Garay, Fabi, Tom, Kim Yeon-Koung, Mihajlovic, Kosheleva, Gözde

Yesterday, 6:17pm

You have no idea what you're talking about, he made Argentina into a MUCH better team. Argentina under Weber used to struggle against Germany or Bulgaria B, now they can win games against Russia, Brazil or Serbia. Before he had also done the same with Iran.

Argentina lost at the olympics because they simply faced the best team too early.

Agreed. Argentina could've been a threat to any of the other teams in Rio.
And I'm with Velasco in thinking Cebulj and Bednorz are not enough, at least for a team like Modena.
Gold - European Championship 2013 (M) Prediction Game
Bronze - World Championship 2014 (W) Prediction Game

Yesterday, 6:27pm

I don't see your point. Bulgaria and Germany are weaker from the London Olympics. I never expected them to do better now. By the way Argentina in London defeated Bulgaria Team A.

Argentina also got beaten in the South American Championship by Venezuela. :gone: I really cannot trust him with his results lately. He also has a terrible knaxk for underestimating opponents nowadays. If CSV decided with the South American Championship as the sole qualifier for the World Championship, they wouldn't even qualify for this year's biggest competition.

I mean I agree that they faced Brazil early but why would you do that when they could've done an Italy and just go with USA or Canada. That was really stupid. Russia got so lucky they got Canada. :lol:

LDvolley

Professional

Yesterday, 6:48pm

I don't see your point. Bulgaria and Germany are weaker from the London Olympics. I never expected them to do better now. By the way Argentina in London defeated Bulgaria Team A.

Argentina also got beaten in the South American Championship by Venezuela. :gone: I really cannot trust him with his results lately. He also has a terrible knaxk for underestimating opponents nowadays. If CSV decided with the South American Championship as the sole qualifier for the World Championship, they wouldn't even qualify for this year's biggest competition.

You don't understand, Argentina had decent run in 2011/early 2012 but in 2013/14 they were regressing losing to Bulgaria B, Germany B, Canada B... Velasco arrived and the team started playing better little by little, year by year, defending better, attacking better, serving better. All this without any super stars.

The Venezuela game doesn't really matter, it's just one bad game and Venezuela was beaten 3-0 after that, in the game that mattered. Also, Argentina played the whole season with basically Poglajen as the only natural attacking player.

And we don't even have to talk about his job in Iran, he turned them from nobodies to world beaters. And since he left Iran has only regressed. I don't think that's a coincidence.

Yesterday, 7:35pm

You don't understand, Argentina had decent run in 2011/early 2012 but in 2013/14 they were regressing losing to Bulgaria B, Germany B, Canada B... Velasco arrived and the team started playing better little by little, year by year, defending better, attacking better, serving better. All this without any super stars.

The Venezuela game doesn't really matter, it's just one bad game and Venezuela was beaten 3-0 after that, in the game that mattered. Also, Argentina played the whole season with basically Poglajen as the only natural attacking player.

And we don't even have to talk about his job in Iran, he turned them from nobodies to world beaters. And since he left Iran has only regressed. I don't think that's a coincidence.

Wasn't 2013 the year Argentina hosted the world league? I mean I agree that was a bad year but being a host nation of world league is a curse. Even Uriarte was starting ahead of De Cecco but they still almost beat Brazil in South American Championship. :whistling:

For Iran, it could be possible that they regressed...

...but with Kovac they almost medaled in the world championship and world league of 2014, with Lozano they made the olympics and with Kolakovic they made their best finish in a FIVB world stage last year in the World Grand Champions Cup with a bronze medal.

LDvolley

Professional

Yesterday, 8:26pm

Wasn't 2013 the year Argentina hosted the world league? I mean I agree that was a bad year but being a host nation of world league is a curse. Even Uriarte was starting ahead of De Cecco but they still almost beat Brazil in South American Championship. :whistling:

For Iran, it could be possible that they regressed...

...but with Kovac they almost medaled in the world championship and world league of 2014, with Lozano they made the olympics and with Kolakovic they made their best finish in a FIVB world stage last year in the World Grand Champions Cup with a bronze medal.

I have the theory that Kovac only reaped the fruits of Velasco's tenure (he left just few months before the competition). The following year Iran was very bad under him.

Making the olympics isn't that impressive, Iran was already far above other asian teams. Yes, I know they missed it in 2012, but that was just a massive accident of a loss against Australia.
Point taken about the grand champions cup, I had forgotten about it. Maybe they are resurrecting now.

Yesterday, 8:55pm

That's also impressive on Kovac's part that he was able to have grwat achievements in a short time. In my opinion Iranian players have a problem with their mentality as players that Kovac style of coaching is incompatible with their attitudes. I don't think Kovac was doing bad anyway. The players probably doesn't feel his vibe in a cultural way.

Changing coaches every year can be beneficial or detriment. I think Lozano made a fine adjustment on ironing whatever kinks they had before the olympic qualifications.

For Kolakovic, he's probably a mystery. I don't trust him yet even if they won their biggest medal in the world stage. A lot of teams were still in the process of building the team chemistry after the olympics with new players and Iran was probably lucky that there was no such big changes for their team.

I like that Ebadipour and Manavi are playing overseas so he's still probably oing something that wasn't popular among iranian players. Their roles are very important after all. It could make or break any team if the OHs are inexperienced.

Anyway, let's end this conversation. We are already out of topic. :wavy:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Rains" (Yesterday, 9:01pm)

Social bookmarks