Polish NT 2018

• Hi, it's been quite a long time when I last visited forum, so hello back :D

As you know, Vital Heynen became new head coach and I'm happy heraing that. Vital talked with around 30 players and only Karol Kłos resigned from being NT member because he wants to tak some rest after season.
    Heynen wants to start first NT-camp in first half of May with 25 players.

Any predictions who can be part of NT in upcoming season ?( Heynen wants Leon to be a part of NT though he's still not elligible to play for Polish NT, but he'll probably join traingings ^^

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• I made up some predicitions who can be in NT for camp:

S: Łomacz, Drzyzga, Janusz, Komenda
    OP: Konarski, Kaczmarek, Muzaj, Schulz
    OH: Kubiak, Bednorz, Kwolek, Szalpuk, Śliwka, Fornal, Włodarczyk
    MB: P. Nowakowski, Bieniek, Kochanowski, Wiśniewski, Hain, J. Nowakowski
    L: Zatorski, Popiwczak, Masłowski

Possible alternates: Żygadło (S), Woicki (S), Kędzierski (S), Bołądź (OP), Bociek (OP), Kurek (OH/OP), Bartman (OH/OP), Orczyk (OH), Mika (OH), Żaliński (OH), Wrona (MB), Huber (MB), Kosok (MB), Piechocki (L), Wojtaszek (L)

For Setters - these 4 are the most probable, if we want to add more experienced it could be either Żygadło or Woicki, but I don't expect any of them, another alterante can be Kędzierski
    For right side - the most probable choice above, Schulz deserved for spot, while Muzaj is shaky, I want to see Bociek, but I don't know if he's good enough right now, maybe we should include Bołądź who's working with Heynen ^^
    For left side - my choice is based on the best OHs in league, though maybe Żaliński could be included (BUT he has little experience on international level), Orczyk can be alternate if he's fit, healthy Mika would be there without doubts, while I won't call Buszek
    For OH/OP - Bartman will probably not appear, while Kurek might get a chance although he's so poor in Turkey right now :S
    For MBs - Kłos won't appear, Wrona can be an alterante, the same as Huber, while both Możdżonek and Lemański are injured, Kosok is ok, but probably won't be here
    For L - these 3 are the most probable for me, Wojtaszek couldn't find himself in NT, while Piechocki is shaky, though he might be there as Kurek

Edited once, last by kondzio ().

• Not too familiar with Polish players, but Bartek Boladz is doing very well in Friedrichshafen as OPP, plus he's already familiar with Heynen's way of playing which is rather different to how many teams play these days, relying heavily on defense and avoiding mistakes.

• Not too familiar with Polish players, but Bartek Boladz is doing very well in Friedrichshafen as OPP, plus he's already familiar with Heynen's way of playing which is rather different to how many teams play these days, relying heavily on defense and avoiding mistakes.

Thanks, didn't include him because forgot :D

• I am also not familiar with the league because of the drawn out season so forgive my ignorance.

I truly felt it was a missed opportunity last year not to test a new setter. I don't feel good about this position just as I don't feel good about the opposite. Janusz was shaky when Lomacz was out in Skra but he has the height which seems to be the trend for setters nowadays.

The MBs: Kochanowski? I like his attack. No idea about the block but I feel the energy would. be better with some youth around the team.

Klos I have no idea why he won't play but he was fantastic against Lube and sometimes even better than Lisinac. I'm not sure about his regular season performance. I haven't paid attention to the league as much as I wanted to watch it.

And Kurek. You know how I feel about him. I don't think he can add something to Poland. Just give that to Bednorz or Szalpuk. Maybe they can improve or be useful in another year until the Leon's arrival. They might like to get this opportunity to play more against senior national teams.

Sliwka seems to be a good alternative.I don't think he can be as good as Uros but it would be an interesting experiment to have if he becomes stronger physically as an athlete.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• The composition of the Polish national team for the League of Nations 2018:

Quarterback: Grzegorz Łomacz (PGE Skra Bełchatów), Fabian Drzyzga (Olympiakos Piraeus), Marcin Komenda (GKS Katowice), Marcin Janusz (PGE Skra Bełchatów)

Central: Piotr Nowakowski (Trefl Gdańsk), Mateusz Bieniek (ZAKSA Kędzierzyn-Koźle), Bartłomiej Lemański (Asseco Resovia Rzeszów), Jakub Kochanowski (Indykpol AZS Olsztyn), Jan Nowakowski (ONICO Warsaw), Norbert Huber (Cerrad Czarni Radom)

Libero: Paweł Zatorski (ZAKSA Kędzierzyn-Koźle), Damian Wojtaszek (ONICO Warsaw), Michał Żurek (Indykpol AZS Olsztyn), Kacper Piechocki (PGE Skra Bełchatów)

Attackers: Dawid Konarski (Ziraat Bankasi Ankara), Bartosz Kurek (Ziraat Bankasi Ankara), Łukasz Kaczmarek (Cuprum Lubin), Maciej Muzaj (Jastrzębski Węgiel), Damian Schulz (Trefl Gdańsk)

Accepting: Michał Kubiak (Panasonic Panthers), Mateusz Mika (Trefl Gdańsk), Aleksander Śliwka (Asseco Resovia Rzeszów), Artur Szalpuk (Trefl Gdańsk), Bartosz Bednorz (PGE Skra Bełchatów), Bartosz Kwolek (ONICO Warsaw), Tomasz Fornal (Trefl gdańsk)

source

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• According to Jiang Chuan's words, Michal Kubiak was ill and went to the hospital a few days ago. Is he too tired?

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

Boladz is a great player but it might be hard for him to get a serious look behind Konarski, Muzaj, and Schulz

• Boladz is a great player but it might be hard for him to get a serious look behind Konarski, Muzaj, and Schulz

Konarski was terrible after the regular season of Efiler Ligi. I am not sure why Heynen called him.

Muzaj have moments of instability. He is young but so is Boladz.

Schulz have a good season but he is also older.

I still have to give Heynen the benefit of doubt. He is after all Boladz' coach in Friedrichshafen. Maybe he really thinks the guys he summoned are superior to his opposite in his club. :S

#FreeBritney

• There must be something in the air of Greece because Drzyzga felt like an improved version of himself from last year.

Kochanowski is a monster blocker. He is a bright person that also feels cool to hang around with. Probably a nice addition to Poland when they all are gloomy and feeling doomed.

One thing I've noticed, there's no more jumping and single-fist pumping at every point for the right of serve. Did Heynen felt it was unnecessary waste of energy just like everyone else?

For Canada, I think they were too aggressive and made too many mistakes in the attack.Maybe that's what made me think Kochanowski was a monster blocker. They were really trying to attack with more risk to errors.

#FreeBritney

• Polish NT for WCH:
    Setters: Fabian Drzyzga (Olympiakos), Grzegorz Łomacz (Skra Bełchatów),
    MB: Piotr Nowakowski(Trefl Gdańsk), Jakub Kochanowski (AZS Olsztyn), Mateusz Bieniek (ZAKSA Kędzierzyn-Koźle)
    OPP: Dawid Konarski (Ziraat Bankasi), Bartosz Kurek (Ziraat Bankasi), Damian Schulz (Trefl Gdańsk)
    OH: Artur Szalpuk (Trefl Gdańsk), Michał Kubiak (Panasonic Panthers), Aleksander Śliwka (Asseco Resovia Rzeszów), Bartosz Kwolek (ONICO Warszawa), Tomasz Fornal (Cerrad Czarni Radom)
    libero: Damian Wojtaszek ( ONICO Warszawa), Paweł Zatorski (ZAKSA Kędzierzyn-Koźle)

I'm sad that there is not Mika. He was my only hope for making some difference at OH position.
    Only three MBs is surprise for me. Good that Lemanski is away.
    And other surprise is Bednorz missing. Kwolek played much worse than him, even Sliwa did the same.

• Tomasz Fornal (Cerrad Czarni Radom)

For the first time I heard his name.
    Did he play VNL? Is he better than Bednorz?

• For the first time I heard his name.
    Did he play VNL? Is he better than Bednorz?

He's part of the Polish young stars with Kocahnowski and Kwolek that beat everyone at the youth level. Better than Bednorz though...tough to say. Before the VNL I would have said that Bedni is the 2nd best Polish outside after Kubiak but he had a disappointing tournament.

• well, what I can say - frotunately Lemański is out, but it would be nice to have one more MB, someone expereinced like Możdżonek
    IMHO there was no choice among stters and it's the only choice which could be done
    regarding OHs - I think that Bednorz should have more chances to present, I have a feeling that he had no space for mistakes and I'd like to see him instead Śliwka or Kwolek... Mika has some health issues
    OPs and L coice looks ok

• Today Heynen announced wide roster for WCH:

S: Fabian Drzyzga, Marcin Janusz, Marcin Komenda, Grzegorz Łomacz

Opps: Łukasz Kaczmarek, Dawid Konarski, Bartosz Kurek, Damian Schulz

OHs: Bartosz Bednorz, Tomasz Fornal, Michał Kubiak, Bartosz Kwolek, Artur Szalpuk, Aleksander Śliwka

MBs: Mateusz Bieniek, Karol Kłos, Jakub Kochanowski, Piotr Nowakowski, Łukasz Wiśniewski

Libero: Damian Wojtaszek, Paweł Zatorski, Michał Żurek

I don't know what to think about it after he announced 14 players to be preparing for the rest of the season ?(

There is Kłos on this roster and this is the most confusing for me. All of them will be preparing or this is for FIVB only?

• This needed to be done for the protocol or sth procedural for the FIVB

Preparing for WCH and playing frendlies before them will be

S: Drzyzga, Łomacz

OPP: Schulz, Konarski, Kurek

OH: Kubiak, Szalpuk, Kwolek, Śliwka

MB: Bieniek, Kochanowski, Nowakowski

L: Zatorski, Wojtaszek

+ Fornal but he's only there to help the team.

• What has happened to Mateusz Mika?