You are not logged in.

world volleyball coaches show 2018 header

Dear visitor, welcome to Inside VolleyCountry. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Rains_of_Castamere" started this thread

About me: Favorite teams: M: USA, Serbia, Italy,Russia, Perugia, PGE Skra, Taubate W: Brazil, Japan, Serbia, wherever club Queen Sheilla is at...

"Be careful how you treat people. What you do to others has a funny way of coming back on you..."

Saturday, March 31st 2018, 7:49pm

Russian NT 2018

Last year was a great success for the NT by introducing the young players, having a chance to get back to the final group of the world league, qualifying for the world championship 2018 and winning the european championship by integrating some of the young players with the veterans(a project started by Alekno in Rio.)

I was a little skeptical on the new coach but he wasn't that bad after all.

Considering we have a major tournament coming up, there are some questions yet to be answered.

Will Muserskiy ever come back? Is Poletaev capable of replacing Mikhailov as the main opposite? Who's going to be the setter of the future? What is your line-up for the VNL and World Championship? :wavy:
Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

• "Rains" started this thread

About me: Favorite teams: M: USA, Serbia, Italy,Russia, Perugia, PGE Skra, Taubate W: Brazil, Japan, Serbia, wherever club Queen Sheilla is at...

"Be careful how you treat people. What you do to others has a funny way of coming back on you..."

Tuesday, April 10th 2018, 7:54pm

Russia needs to test Pankov, Kovalev and Kobzar for the VNL.

Grankin's level is getting worse each day that he had to be tested against the younger playmakers.
Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

Tuesday, April 10th 2018, 9:54pm

Grankin was not looking good in the match today in the champions cup.

inc0gnito

Intermediate

Favourite Team: Russian NT, Serbia NT

Favourite Players: W: Nataliya Goncharova, Irina Fetisova, Tatiana Kosheleva, Evgeniya Startseva, Stefana Veljkovic, Maja Ognejovic, Saori Kimura, Thaisa Menesez M: Maxim Mikhaylov

Tuesday, April 10th 2018, 11:20pm

I think the Russian squad that participated last ECH is pretty close to ideal.

Will Muserskiy ever come back? => He can but IMO, Russia can be a top-tier, competitive team without him which was proven in ECH.

Is Poletaev capable of replacing Mikhailov as the main opposite? => Rains, of all people I think you should know lol As long as he remains healthy, Mikhailov will always be titular for Russia. I think a better question is who is the best candidate as Mikhailov's backup? Poleteav is first choice here.

I agree the young setters should be the ones playing for VNL.

My Russia Squad 2018 for VNL

OH: Volkov, Berezkho, Kliuka, Zhigalov (can be used as serving substitute)
MB: Volvich, Kurkaev, Vlasov (or maybe Muserskiy can take his spot if he returns)
OPP: Mikhaylov,/Poletaev (if Mikhaylov skips VNL, then Poletaev must take his chance to be first OPP), Poletaev/Kruglov
S: Pankov, Kovalev
L: the ones they used last ECH lol

Although not yet part of Men's Senior NT, Denis Bogdan (Best OS, FIVB U23) is a good prospect and will be a good replacement for an aging Berezkho.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "inc0gnito" (Apr 11th 2018, 2:37am)

• "Rains" started this thread

Friday, April 13th 2018, 10:29am

Will Muserskiy ever come back? => He can but IMO, Russia can be a top-tier, competitive team without him which was proven in ECH.

Is Poletaev capable of replacing Mikhailov as the main opposite? => Rains, of all people I think you should know lol As long as he remains healthy, Mikhailov will always be titular for Russia. I think a better question is who is the best candidate as Mikhailov's backup? Poleteav is first choice here.

MB: Volvich, Kurkaev, Vlasov (or maybe Muserskiy can take his spot if he returns)
OPP: Mikhaylov,/Poletaev (if Mikhaylov skips VNL, then Poletaev must take his chance to be first OPP), Poletaev/Kruglov

Although not yet part of Men's Senior NT, Denis Bogdan (Best OS, FIVB U23) is a good prospect and will be a good replacement for an aging Berezkho.

I like to add Romanas Shkulyavichus, Evgeniy Sivozhelez, Yaroslav Podlesnykh,Egor Feoktisov,Kirill Ursov, Igor Filippov and Sergey Antipkin.

I think Pankov would make a better substitute for the serve that negates the need for Zhigalov. He can also play opposite so with this player, Russia can probably play with a 6-2 formation if needed.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Rains" (Apr 13th 2018, 10:41am)

• "canhotorodrigo" is male

Favourite Team: Rússia NT, USA NT, Brazil NT, Itália NT.

Favourite Players: André Nascimento, Micah Christenson, Robertlandy Simon, Dmitriy Muserskiy, Aaron Russell, Tatiana Kosheleva, Kseniia Ilchenko, Ilya Vlasov, Kelsey Robinson

Thursday, April 19th 2018, 3:25pm

Rússia 2018 - Official

Sergey Shliapnikov call 30 players:

S: Butko - Grankin - Kobzar - Kovalev - Pankov

OPP: Bakun - Kruglov - Mikhailov - Poletaev - Shkulyavichus

OH: Berezhko - Volkov - Karpukhov - Kljuka - Markin - Podlesnykh - Savin - Feoktistov

MB: Vlasov - Volvich - Kurkayev - Musersky - Safonov - Tavasiev - Filippov - Shcherbinin

L: Zelenkov - Kableshov - Martyniuk - Sokolov

http://www.volley.ru/news/17586/

inc0gnito

Intermediate

Favourite Team: Russian NT, Serbia NT

Favourite Players: W: Nataliya Goncharova, Irina Fetisova, Tatiana Kosheleva, Evgeniya Startseva, Stefana Veljkovic, Maja Ognejovic, Saori Kimura, Thaisa Menesez M: Maxim Mikhaylov

Wednesday, April 25th 2018, 3:08am

I like to add Romanas Shkulyavichus, Evgeniy Sivozhelez, Yaroslav Podlesnykh,Egor Feoktisov,Kirill Ursov, Igor Filippov and Sergey Antipkin.

I think Pankov would make a better substitute for the serve that negates the need for Zhigalov. He can also play opposite so with this player, Russia can probably play with a 6-2 formation if needed.
I haven't heard of this player Shkulyavichus, is he good? I didn't know that Kruglov was older than Maxim so this makes Poletaev claim as NT's second OPP stronger. Maybe Mikhaylov can skip VNL and the coach can try Poletaev and Shkulyavichus. Poletaev by the way also has a good serve, Zhigalov can say goodbye to the team :wavy:

Kaziyski

Bulgarian NT hater declared by dido1302

• "Kaziyski" is male

Wednesday, April 25th 2018, 9:50am

Shkulyavichus was a top scorer in the regular part of the season. He definitely deserves a chance in the NT, especially in VNL in order to rest Mikhaylov and Poletaev.
Shiva :heart: