Italian NT 2018

• Parodi and Spirito were excluded fom the training sessions of the NT.

A shame about Parodi. I think he is better than Randazzo, Lanza and Maruotti when he's in a great condition but he did not show that in VNL. If his reception was only on point, he could've made it pass Lanza and Randazzo when you consider their poor forms.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Lanza has been the starting player for the NT in all major tournaments since 2015 and contributed a lot to a decent result of the team. He should not be easily removed from the squad as experience matters in major tournaments, even if his recent shape is not good enough to justify a starting position. In addition, none of the other OHs are particularly reliable.

• Lanza has been the starting player for the NT in all major tournaments since 2015 and contributed a lot to a decent result of the team. He should not be easily removed from the squad as experience matters in major tournaments, even if his recent shape is not good enough to justify a starting position. In addition, none of the other OHs are particularly reliable.

Blengini is not brave enough to take Lanza out of the NT. He's too popular because he's handsome and I must admit he's a good player. His fans wouldn't like that.But in my opinion, he should... because he had to root out the worst offender in the azzurri. Serve is very important in today's game and if you can't handle the pressure on causing disarray on reception... He should be out of the NT until he fixes that. I haven't mention the grave errors he commits every time he attacks. Just look at what happens to Italy left without Zaytsev and Juantorena or Giannelli... Simply a mess. :white:

When he does everything wrong, he's worst than Randazzo or Parodi and the idea of him as one of Italy's best players and a model for every young player is just ridiculous when you have Juantorena, one of the best volleyball athletes who ever played the game and there he is. A player who can be so hot and so cold. I wouldn't want that as an idol for the kids who are learning to play volleyball. It just speak volumes how much the standard of play has lowered down for Italians if he is a starter and he is a staple for the national team.

The azzurri have to rebuild and it will never happen if he always gets the chance because his prestige encompasses his ability and while I may have bias... I think Maruotti, Antonov and Parodi are better because they make less mistakes and are probably only hampered by injuries and a reason why Lanza is a starter in a national team.

Anyway, it will never happen because Blengini can't decide when to turn on or off the switch. He's like ZRG without the accollades. :lol:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

Edited 4 times, last by Rains ().

• I'm more sorry for Spirito, I consider him a good young prospect. I don't like Baranowicz, considering he is older than Spirito, I would have continued with Spirito as sub of Giannelli. The same goes with Balaso left at home for Rossini.

• I'm more sorry for Spirito, I consider him a good young prospect. I don't like Baranowicz, considering he is older than Spirito, I would have continued with Spirito as sub of Giannelli. The same goes with Balaso left at home for Rossini.

Spirito's not that young but I agree. He seems more stable than Baranowicz but I don't see Spirito as someone who can change the course of the game if Giannelli can't find his flow. That Japan match

probably didn't resonate well with everyone. I don't want to blame him for that but it was a really tough loss for Italy.

#FreeBritney

Edited once, last by Rains ().

• Well for a setter he's still quite young. I agree that he played really bad in that match, but I wouldn't base my decisions on only one game...anyway he is already training with the club, so setter position (as also OPP) are already decided.

• The only reason why Baranowicz and Rossini are in is because they're Zaytsev's friends. Since Blengini is so afraid of another scandal, he chose them as balance factors. Maurotti is also chosen to the squad for this reason but I will give him his credit, he earned his spot by showing good performances in preparation period. But Baranowicz and Rossini didn't. Now they are using social media very actively to show their importance to team atmosphere :)

I think Parodi was also there for the very same reasons but he was passive so he lost the spot :)