You are not logged in.

world volleyball coaches show 2018 header

Dear visitor, welcome to Inside VolleyCountry. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Favourite Team: Foppapedretti Bergamo Marmi Lanza Verona

Favourite Players: Lo Bianco Piccinini Cardullo Ortolani

Thursday, May 10th 2018, 10:48am

Parodi, if in shape, can be really useful. I hope he performs well during the summer, he can absolutely go to Japan and bring balance to the team.
I don't like Baranowicz, so I think Spirito should go behind Giannelli: less problems and more talent!

Kk15

Sage

• "Kk15" is female

Favourite Team: Italian NTs – Trento

Thursday, May 10th 2018, 3:39pm

I don't like Baranowicz, so I think Spirito should go behind Giannelli: less problems and more talent!

About that, you also have to think what Blengini would do in case of need.
I mean, you may think Spirito is better than Bara (which I don't judge, also because I prefer Sbertoli :P), but if Blengini feels he can't actually trust him as a back up setter if things get messy (last year he was only used a server instead of Piano, and it didn't worked very well either), while he may be (?) willing to put Baranowicz "properly" in if Giannelli loses lucidity, that could be a good reason to bring Baranowicz.
I hope I made myself clear :S

Kk15

Sage

• "Kk15" is female

Thursday, May 10th 2018, 6:24pm

Italian team for 2 friendly matches vs Australia next week end (the first live on Raisport):

Oleg Antonov (Ziraat Bankasi), Andrea Argenta (Azimut Modena), Fabio Balaso (Kioene Padova), Michele Baranowicz (Wixo LPR Piacenza), Enrico Diamantini (Bunge Ravenna), Simone Giannelli (Diatec Trentino), Daniele Mazzone (Azimut Modena), Gabriele Nelli (Kioene Padova), Simone Parodi (Wixo LPR Piacenza), Alberto Polo (Kioene Padova), Giacomo Raffaelli (Bunge Ravenna), Luigi Randazzo (Kioene Padova), Salvatore Rossini (Azimut Modena), e Roberto Russo (Club Italia).

So strange to see only one Trentinian among them!

I wonder again who will be the captain: Parodi, Giannelli (my first choices), Bara, Antonov...?

• "Rains" started this thread

About me: Favorite teams: M: USA, Serbia, Italy,Russia, Perugia, PGE Skra, Taubate W: Brazil, Japan, Serbia, wherever club Queen Sheilla is at...

"Be careful how you treat people. What you do to others has a funny way of coming back on you..."

Saturday, May 19th 2018, 2:06pm

@Kk15 you have any link for the friendly game between Italy and Australia? :heart:
Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

Kk15

Sage

• "Kk15" is female

Saturday, May 19th 2018, 3:54pm

I hadn't find a streaming, sorry! I was looking for it as well, may be Raisport will load it...

Thursday, May 24th 2018, 11:15am

It is obvious for me ; they didn't want to start with Zaytsev and Lanza, two protagonist of the last summer soap opera, at the same time. They reintroduced Zaytsev to the group with Juantorena playing decoy role. So when Lanza's return time comes , they will give Zaytsev a break.
For me now the sides are clean; Blengini sided with Zaytsev. First he substantially break up last summers 'No Zaytsev' group (lead by Lanza) with the help of some luck. Now he gave captaincy to Zaytsev using Colaci as pseudo captain. Two players role are important in this equation; Giannelli and Juantorena. Gianelli has started to like Zaytsev's social posts again .Since Juantorena has no self respect and lets Zaytsev use him like a toy whenever he wants This summer can be problematic for Lanza

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "scarpetta" (May 24th 2018, 12:29pm)

Thursday, May 24th 2018, 11:45am

It is obvious for me ; they didn't want to start with Zaytsev and Lanza, two protagonist of the last summer soap opera, at the same time. They reintroduced Zaytsev to the group with Juantorena playing decoy role. So when Lanza's return time comes , they will give Zaytsev a break.
For me now the sides are clean; Blengini sided with Zaytsev. First he substantially break up last summers 'No Zaytsev' group (let by Lanza) with the help of some luck. Now he gave captaincy to Zaytsev using Colaci as pseudo captain. Two players role are important in this equation; Giannelli and Juantorena. Gianelli has started to like Zaytsev's social posts again .Since Juantorena has no self respect and lets Zaytsev use him like a toy whenever he wants This summer can be problematic for Lanza

OMG, I did not know this. I love bot Zaytsev and Lanza. What a pity. :cursing:

• "Rains" started this thread

About me: Favorite teams: M: USA, Serbia, Italy,Russia, Perugia, PGE Skra, Taubate W: Brazil, Japan, Serbia, wherever club Queen Sheilla is at...

"Be careful how you treat people. What you do to others has a funny way of coming back on you..."

Sunday, May 27th 2018, 9:05am

@kk15 Did FIPAV change the mizuno contract regarding the shoes because Juantorena is wearing another brand during the game... I think it's nike?
Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Rains" (May 27th 2018, 9:10am)

Kk15

Sage

• "Kk15" is female

Sunday, May 27th 2018, 4:32pm

Scarpetta, I think you're a bit delusional on this topic (still being right about Lanza/Zaytsev being the face of the two 'sides' of the last summer, though): it's just a question of physical training and resting, something that unfortunately we can't afford to offer to Giannelli because he needs to have perfect amalgama with everybody.

Blengini explained he was going to start with the Italian finalists because they were physically ready, and then let them rest, and viceversa. No need to read huge secret things behind it.
Plus, the pesudo-captain here is Zaystev, not Colaci (even if imho we should have only one true captain, Zaytsev).

@Rains, no official communication about it, but I read the same (without noticing it myself, though). I didn't understand if Osmany covered or not the logo, but apparently he had temporal problems with Mizuno shoes or something like that.
The Federation is getting every summer more ridicole about this stuff, they should simply let everybody use the shoes they like, for heaven sake.

Sunday, May 27th 2018, 6:21pm

I'm 100% sure this is the case, because there is a reason Zaytsev just has started to follow Gianelli yesterday on Instagram but still avoiding Piano and Lanza (he unfollowed both of them since last year saga)

New shoes case is something that Pasini invented ( it is difficult to notice, probably he got some hint from inside (!) sources) to justify Zaytsev. I don't know which shoes Juantorena is wearing because he is COVERING THE LOGO!!!! unlike Zaytsev who refused this solution because of his sponsor. Everybody knows these are totally different situations but people generally manipulate things for their own agenda

Quoted

Since Juantorena has no self respect and lets Zaytsev use him like a toy whenever he wants

See, they start to use Juantorena for their own agenda even from day 1 :lol:

This post has been edited 4 times, last edit by "scarpetta" (May 27th 2018, 6:42pm)

Kk15

Sage

• "Kk15" is female

Sunday, May 27th 2018, 7:37pm

Last year the Federation gave to Zaytsev the permission to use the shoes with a covered logo ONLY during the training sessions, NOT during the official matches ;)

Again, I think you're perfectly right about the fact Lanza, Giannelli, Piano etc were among the biggest Zaytsev opponents in the 'shoes gate', but that doesn't mean Blengini made the convocations on this base.

Kk15

Sage

• "Kk15" is female

Sunday, May 27th 2018, 7:40pm

Anyway, Italy today is celebrating the blocks like Perugia does (Osmany included): I guess it's not a coincidence they started to do that when playing vs Atanasjievic :lol:

Monday, May 28th 2018, 1:49pm

Last year the Federation gave to Zaytsev the permission to use the shoes with a covered logo ONLY during the training sessions, NOT during the official matches ;)

Again, I think you're perfectly right about the fact Lanza, Giannelli, Piano etc were among the biggest Zaytsev opponents in the 'shoes gate', but that doesn't mean Blengini made the convocations on this base.

Are you sure about the first part ? Because what I have read this is not the case . He refused because he didn’t want to cover Adidas logo .I will find the articles

Quoted

Finally, the Federation, in agreement with Mizuno Italia, has proposed to the athlete the possibility to allow the use of his shoes in training by covering the brand logo for the time necessary for the company Mizuno to intervene on the model to meet the needs of the player.
This hypothesis was also rejected by Ivan Zaytsev who in this regard expressed contractual ties with his sponsor.

We're both wrong but I'm less wrong. :lol: We can discuss Zaytsev's shoes gate all day but it doesn't change the fact that both situations are totally different ( Zaytsev had the whole summer for solution, Juantorena had 5 days and played even without training) and it is manipulated by journalists for their own agenda .

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "scarpetta" (May 28th 2018, 4:00pm)

Monday, June 4th 2018, 4:56pm

See :P I think I saw a post Spirito calling Lanza 'my captain' , so maybe he is the real captain.
It is understood that actually there isn't rule that half of the Olympic team must be in each round stage. Argentina,Russia already broke this rule ,if there was a one. So Blengini could give at least 3 weeks rest for his top players but didn't, chose to force them
Blengini got free pass last year for his World League performance, European championship performance. He is getting free pass for this year's unexpected loses and potential disaster in VNL. His position must be already in question.
And there is Modena round waiting. It will give more damage to Italian team's atmosphere. Wait and see.

Yesterday, 3:33pm

And that day comes 8o Lanza and Zaytsev together without Juantorena as decoy :thumbsup: This week will determine whole Italian summer. Let's see if Blengini's luck will work this time because otherwise a potential disaster is about to happen for Italian NT.

Edit: Can someone explain to me what is the connection between Zaytsev and Antonov? If I'm not wrong they didn't play together in any club team . Antonov is liking every single photo of Zaytsev's wife, even self photos. maybe he was the one that called Zaytsev last year.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "scarpetta" (Yesterday, 3:54pm)