Italian NT 2018

• Parodi, if in shape, can be really useful. I hope he performs well during the summer, he can absolutely go to Japan and bring balance to the team.
    I don't like Baranowicz, so I think Spirito should go behind Giannelli: less problems and more talent!

• I don't like Baranowicz, so I think Spirito should go behind Giannelli: less problems and more talent!

About that, you also have to think what Blengini would do in case of need.
    I mean, you may think Spirito is better than Bara (which I don't judge, also because I prefer Sbertoli :P), but if Blengini feels he can't actually trust him as a back up setter if things get messy (last year he was only used a server instead of Piano, and it didn't worked very well either), while he may be (?) willing to put Baranowicz "properly" in if Giannelli loses lucidity, that could be a good reason to bring Baranowicz.
    I hope I made myself clear :S

• Italian team for 2 friendly matches vs Australia next week end (the first live on Raisport):

Oleg Antonov (Ziraat Bankasi), Andrea Argenta (Azimut Modena), Fabio Balaso (Kioene Padova), Michele Baranowicz (Wixo LPR Piacenza), Enrico Diamantini (Bunge Ravenna), Simone Giannelli (Diatec Trentino), Daniele Mazzone (Azimut Modena), Gabriele Nelli (Kioene Padova), Simone Parodi (Wixo LPR Piacenza), Alberto Polo (Kioene Padova), Giacomo Raffaelli (Bunge Ravenna), Luigi Randazzo (Kioene Padova), Salvatore Rossini (Azimut Modena), e Roberto Russo (Club Italia).

So strange to see only one Trentinian among them!

I wonder again who will be the captain: Parodi, Giannelli (my first choices), Bara, Antonov...?

• Kk15 you have any link for the friendly game between Italy and Australia? :heart:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• It is obvious for me ; they didn't want to start with Zaytsev and Lanza, two protagonist of the last summer soap opera, at the same time. They reintroduced Zaytsev to the group with Juantorena playing decoy role. So when Lanza's return time comes , they will give Zaytsev a break.
    For me now the sides are clean; Blengini sided with Zaytsev. First he substantially break up last summers 'No Zaytsev' group (lead by Lanza) with the help of some luck. Now he gave captaincy to Zaytsev using Colaci as pseudo captain. Two players role are important in this equation; Giannelli and Juantorena. Gianelli has started to like Zaytsev's social posts again .Since Juantorena has no self respect and lets Zaytsev use him like a toy whenever he wants This summer can be problematic for Lanza

• It is obvious for me ; they didn't want to start with Zaytsev and Lanza, two protagonist of the last summer soap opera, at the same time. They reintroduced Zaytsev to the group with Juantorena playing decoy role. So when Lanza's return time comes , they will give Zaytsev a break.
    For me now the sides are clean; Blengini sided with Zaytsev. First he substantially break up last summers 'No Zaytsev' group (let by Lanza) with the help of some luck. Now he gave captaincy to Zaytsev using Colaci as pseudo captain. Two players role are important in this equation; Giannelli and Juantorena. Gianelli has started to like Zaytsev's social posts again .Since Juantorena has no self respect and lets Zaytsev use him like a toy whenever he wants This summer can be problematic for Lanza

OMG, I did not know this. I love bot Zaytsev and Lanza. What a pity. :cursing:

• Kk15 Did FIPAV change the mizuno contract regarding the shoes because Juantorena is wearing another brand during the game... I think it's nike?

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

Edited once, last by Rains ().

• Scarpetta, I think you're a bit delusional on this topic (still being right about Lanza/Zaytsev being the face of the two 'sides' of the last summer, though): it's just a question of physical training and resting, something that unfortunately we can't afford to offer to Giannelli because he needs to have perfect amalgama with everybody.

Blengini explained he was going to start with the Italian finalists because they were physically ready, and then let them rest, and viceversa. No need to read huge secret things behind it.
    Plus, the pesudo-captain here is Zaystev, not Colaci (even if imho we should have only one true captain, Zaytsev).

Rains, no official communication about it, but I read the same (without noticing it myself, though). I didn't understand if Osmany covered or not the logo, but apparently he had temporal problems with Mizuno shoes or something like that.
    The Federation is getting every summer more ridicole about this stuff, they should simply let everybody use the shoes they like, for heaven sake.

• I'm 100% sure this is the case, because there is a reason Zaytsev just has started to follow Gianelli yesterday on Instagram but still avoiding Piano and Lanza (he unfollowed both of them since last year saga)

New shoes case is something that Pasini invented ( it is difficult to notice, probably he got some hint from inside (!) sources) to justify Zaytsev. I don't know which shoes Juantorena is wearing because he is COVERING THE LOGO!!!! unlike Zaytsev who refused this solution because of his sponsor. Everybody knows these are totally different situations but people generally manipulate things for their own agenda

Since Juantorena has no self respect and lets Zaytsev use him like a toy whenever he wants

See, they start to use Juantorena for their own agenda even from day 1 :lol:

• Last year the Federation gave to Zaytsev the permission to use the shoes with a covered logo ONLY during the training sessions, NOT during the official matches ;)

Again, I think you're perfectly right about the fact Lanza, Giannelli, Piano etc were among the biggest Zaytsev opponents in the 'shoes gate', but that doesn't mean Blengini made the convocations on this base.

• Last year the Federation gave to Zaytsev the permission to use the shoes with a covered logo ONLY during the training sessions, NOT during the official matches ;)

Again, I think you're perfectly right about the fact Lanza, Giannelli, Piano etc were among the biggest Zaytsev opponents in the 'shoes gate', but that doesn't mean Blengini made the convocations on this base.

Are you sure about the first part ? Because what I have read this is not the case . He refused because he didn’t want to cover Adidas logo .I will find the articles

Finally, the Federation, in agreement with Mizuno Italia, has proposed to the athlete the possibility to allow the use of his shoes in training by covering the brand logo for the time necessary for the company Mizuno to intervene on the model to meet the needs of the player.
    This hypothesis was also rejected by Ivan Zaytsev who in this regard expressed contractual ties with his sponsor.

We're both wrong but I'm less wrong. :lol: We can discuss Zaytsev's shoes gate all day but it doesn't change the fact that both situations are totally different ( Zaytsev had the whole summer for solution, Juantorena had 5 days and played even without training) and it is manipulated by journalists for their own agenda .

See :P I think I saw a post Spirito calling Lanza 'my captain' , so maybe he is the real captain.
    It is understood that actually there isn't rule that half of the Olympic team must be in each round stage. Argentina,Russia already broke this rule ,if there was a one. So Blengini could give at least 3 weeks rest for his top players but didn't, chose to force them
    Blengini got free pass last year for his World League performance, European championship performance. He is getting free pass for this year's unexpected loses and potential disaster in VNL. His position must be already in question.
    And there is Modena round waiting. It will give more damage to Italian team's atmosphere. Wait and see.

• Ok things didn't go as I expected . Lanza was very quiet ,it is like he has understood his position and accept to play supporting role rather than the star one.
    Blengini got helped by the worst game of French this summer.
    For OHs; Juantorena, Lanza and perhaps Maurotti is sure. Fourth one is very questionable.
    In other news;I never understand instead of competing against world's best players /teams in front of own crowd, why Juantorena chose to decline Blengini's invitation and decided to continue his holiday in one of Cuban hotels with his wife's whole family (from the instagram stories of his wife). Star players shouldn't have such narrow vision. :lol:

• Why is Balaso out without given any chance? Maybe he shared less photo with Zaytsev on social media : ) Look at Bara, he has earned his spot with sharing record number of photos despite playing sh.t whole summerç By this logic Maurotti and Parodi are leading the way for the last 2 spots. Randazzo and Antonov should hurry to share more photos with Mr. Z

• Why is Balaso out without given any chance? Maybe he shared less photo with Zaytsev on social media : ) Look at Bara, he has earned his spot with sharing record number of photos despite playing sh.t whole summerç By this logic Maurotti and Parodi are leading the way for the last 2 spots. Randazzo and Antonov should hurry to share more photos with Mr. Z

Antonov is ahead of Maruotti and Parodi, I think. The guy had a knee injury which probably relegated him to the back of the pack.

I prefer Randazzo to futureproof the NT but he didn't have the punch i expected of him from club season. I would also like Blengini to test Parodi more. I think both Maruotti and him are better than Lanza or Randazzo at the moment. Parodi just probably needs to get over that mental hurdle. His reception should've been better than that.

Maruotti in my opinion was better than Lanza in VNL so that makes sense. I feel Lanza could be the fourth OH and should honestly battle with Parodi and Randazzo for the last spots if Antonov doesn't feel alright.

I don't like Baranowicz but he's the only setter I think that could play better than Giannelli when he's in high spirits.

I don't trust Blengini's decisions but I hope he's right on the money if he chooses Baranowicz over Spirito and Sbertoli.

What is going on between Zaytsev and Lanza? Anyone wanna spill some juice? And what about Zaytsev and Juantorena?

Zaytsev and Juantorena are fine.

I think Zaytsev had misunderstanding with Lanza, Piano and Giannelli because of the shoes thing but Simone and Ivan patched it up in VNL. Zaytsev follows Piano in instagram so they probably are okay now.

I have no idea if Lanza's move to Perugia worsen his relations with Zaytsev but he's not following him on instagram so I guess there's still some beef going on between them.

#FreeBritney

• just watched the friendly between Italy and Netherlands on FIPAV's YT channel.

I have to say Maruotti can actually supplant Lanza's place if he doesn't improve. His serve got better but not great enough to challenge a contender.

I like Maruotti and I don't believe he's not the best but he doesn't make mistakes as the others which is his sellinh point.

I hope Zaytsev's serve returns. He does still makes miracles at set's ends but he's not as effective as he was in 2016-17.

Juantorena's fitness will probably be the be-all-end-all of Italy. If he plays like match 5 of Scudetto final or CEV CL final, it'll be more difficult for them.

My MB titulars for WCH should be Mazzone and Anzani. Cester didn't play well. They lost set 3 when he entered the game. He can still make the bench because of his serve though.

#FreeBritney

Edited once, last by Rains ().

• I agree with you about Maruotti: this year he is playing a concrete game, doing his part without mistakes (which is not being the top scorer). He finally deserves to make the cut after so many years he didn't make it at the end.