why no one talks about the new ball

• Some statements about the ball from that video

1. Balls fly slower. Players couldn't get exactly the difference.
    2. Gamova: quality of the leather is slightly different, they fly differently, players need some time to get used.
    3. Caprara: balls fly slower and defence becomes better, what is not good for Russia, because Russia, first of all, is attacking team.

• FIFA and UEFA also introduce a new football before the start of a Euro or a World Champ. Of course, football is another story ;) This is why I am curious how this change will be accepted and how the teams are going to play with the new Mikasa. What I noticed was the note Beijing 2008 on the ball....maybe we will see a new ball (or the old one) after the games???

• FIFA and UEFA also introduce a new football before the start of a Euro or a World Champ. Of course, football is another story ;) This is why I am curious how this change will be accepted and how the teams are going to play with the new Mikasa. What I noticed was the note Beijing 2008 on the ball....maybe we will see a new ball (or the old one) after the games???

Possible but i dont think that Mikasa will go back in their progress.
    I think that this Beijing 2008 is just a personal note, like many balls have already.
    Look at tennis balls at Grand Slams for example, they also have "US Open" etc on it. Afterwards the same balls are used just without this special note

I think that this Beijing 2008 is just a personal note, like many balls have already.
    Look at tennis balls at Grand Slams for example, they also have "US Open" etc on it. Afterwards the same balls are used just without this special note

Yop, I agree, but I don't remember any special logos on the Mikasa balls so far ;) Otherwise, there are several balls created just for a single game in a big football championship. They have the names of the two teams on them, e.g. FIFA World Cup 2006 Italy - France. But that's another topic ;)

• Yop, I agree, but I don't remember any special logos on the Mikasa balls so far ;) Otherwise, there are several balls created just for a single game in a big football championship. They have the names of the two teams on them, e.g. FIFA World Cup 2006 Italy - France. But that's another topic ;)

ehehe exactly
    Maybe Mikasa or the Olympic Organisation was fascinated about that aswell and created that logo for all balls :)

• If this ball makes defense easier, the teams with worse defense will benefit for using this new ball. A team with superb defense will be leveled with a team with a not-that-good defense. It will make attacker's life harder. I agree with Caprara.

As this balls makes reception more difficult. All the teams will sufferwith reception. Teams with a better reception will suffer too and I'm afraid all the teams will be leveled with a bad reception and a good defense. The server's life will be easier.

In my opinion, teams should focus more on attack and reception in order to prepare for the OG.

• New ball in action. Curious to know what Sano says about ball.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjbUxYql8gQ

Cool video. Thank you, hugo!

Japanese, as always, are the best in technical stuff. I like very much the way they created this comparative clip by using two transparent videos. We can easily see, that now, the hard task to predict the trajectory of the ball is simply eliminated. Receiving of the floating serve will become much easier. I will miss those actions, when weak and harmless-looking serve could cause an ace (like Debby often does). But jump-serves can really become more offensive.

Finally, I could get, what thoughts and feelings the design of the new ball provoke in me. Look, these stripes are like waves of the sand and sea. These colors are the blue sky and yellow sun. People, this ball could become an intended ball, a symbol for the beach volley!! As for the indoor volleyball, I would prefer the design to remain the same, coz its already had become a recognizable sign of the Game all over the world.

• yeah, and I think that YavorD may be will have to change his avatar now :whistling: :lol:

Wild Wild West!

..............................................................................................

" There is nothing better than this"

..............................................................................................

yeah, and I think that YavorD may be will have to change his avatar now :whistling: :lol:

hahahahahahhaha, maybe, who knows, but this will remind me of the old days!!!