New European Cup System

• In connection with the project to modify substantially the competition method of the European Cups, the CEV Board of Administration decided to introduce - upon a proposal from the ad hoc Working Group “Future of the European Cups” – a “RANKING LIST” of the National Volleyball Federations for the European Cups of Men’s and Women’s teams as from the season 2007-2008. These Ranking Lists shall help to decide whether and, if yes, how many teams from one and the same country shall have the right to take part in the different Cups: ECL, TTC, CEV Cup.

More :arrow: here

• Is this a proposal or is this alreadyin use? :?:

I'm surprised to see that Belgium is on place 10 in the women ranking; That's not so bad (although one step to short for the ICL :( )

• Quote from "Adri"

Is this a proposal or is this alreadyin use? :?:

I'm surprised to see that Belgium is on place 10 in the women ranking; That's not so bad (although one step to short for the ICL :( )

As far as i know the new cup system along with this ranking list are already in use and will be applied for the first time in next season, 2007/2008.
    IMHO the new system is too compilicated, although it might get clearer when it actually will be in use... :?

• Quote from "Adri"

Im surprised to see germany on last place :!: :shock:

• Quote from "Humbert"

Im surprised to see germany on last place :!: :shock:

Im not surprised :) In last season played only one german team - Bayer 04 Leverkusen and... lost all 3 matches :wink2:

• NEW NAMES FOR EUROPEAN CUPS COMPETITIONS

Indesit European Champions’ League:
    * For next season:

Whilst the Men’s Indesit European Champions League 2007/08 will remain with 24 teams, the Women’s Indesit European Champions’ League will increase by four teams (20 instead of 16).

* For 2008/09:

The CEV will possess two wildcards for the Men’s as well as for the Women’s Champions’ League. These are places which are independent of the European Cups ranking.

Top Teams Cup and CEV Cup:

Whilst the Top Teams Cup will be renamed CEV Cup (the second highest European Cup after the Champions League), the former CEV Cup will be known as Challenge Cup from 2007/08 onwards. Due to a compressed calendar 2007/08, the Final Four tournament system will be kept for the 2008 edition.

Regarding the extra set tested within the Top Teams Cup 2006/07, the CEV organs came to the conclusion that further trials are to be done within the next season. The ‘Golden Set’ will be introduced to the CEV Cup and Challenge Cup 2007/08. The ‘Golden Set’ will be played in case of a tie, i.e. if each team wins a match, and will finish as soon as one team has won 15 points. In order to guarantee the strongest team a better position with this additional decisive set, the drawing of lots respectively allocation of the teams in the various rounds will ensure that the team coming from a higher-ranked country will play the second match (and possible decisive set) at home.

cev.lu

• Quote from "Justyna"

Im not surprised :) In last season played only one german team - Bayer 04 Leverkusen and... lost all 3 matches :wink2:

Yes...but at least there was one german team...i havent seen a team from Hun, Sco, Fin or Alb in any of the european cups last season... :? or have i overlooked something ?

• Speaking of this ranking, maybe someone should tell guys from CEV that Serbia and Montenegro are two different countries :)
    Seeing there SCG is a little supprise for me.

"Every volleyball player is a little bit psychopath, there are no normal people who want to voluntarily dedicate their life to this sport"
    Plamen Konstantinov

• Quote from "Humbert"

Yes...but at least there was one german team...i havent seen a team from Hun, Sco, Fin or Alb in any of the european cups last season... :? or have i overlooked something ?

Top Teams Cup
    NRK Nyiregyhaza (Hun)
    Vasas Budapest (Hun)
    Team Edinburgh (Sco)
    Vanajan Hameenlinnaa (Fin)
    Minatori Rreshen (Alb)

• Quote from "Justyna"

Top Teams Cup
    NRK Nyiregyhaza (Hun)
    Vasas Budapest (Hun)
    Team Edinburgh (Sco)
    Vanajan Hameenlinnaa (Fin)
    Minatori Rreshen (Alb)

Shame on me :oops: , and shame on germany for being on last place :)