• that system is what russia is using.

but what is more common is:

1-S
    2-OH
    3-MB
    4-Opp
    5-OH
    6-MB

the difference is the outside hitter serves after the setter does. the system that russia uses has the middle blocker serving after the setter. what other team, aside from russia, uses that system?

• let me answer my own question.

japan and korea uses a similar system.

• I don't know any websites where you can find any specific information regarding non-standard 5-1 rotation. However, I can recommend to you to watch closely Copra Piacenza in any of their games this season. They play like no other team in the world. Their opposite player (Granvorka) is often used to receive serves instead of "hiding" behind the receivers (Zlatanov, Bravo, Rodrigues). In this way they totally surprise their opponents and often have a good diversity in attack. I've seen them recieving a serve with 4 players instead of the regular 3!!! Of course, that's due to the fact that most of the players in the team are actually universal and can play anywhere in the court. Granvorka used to play even as a middle-blocker. This rotation is though not that flexible when Simeonov (the other opposite) is playing; then Granvorka often shows himself as a receiver.

the difference is the outside hitter serves after the setter does. the system that russia uses has the middle blocker serving after the setter.

What odin presented is the world-known starting lineup (it is perfectly true)! I know that whether the middle-blocker will serve after the setter or later depends completely on the strategy of the team. Here we should mention the statisticians whose job is to check the numbers before each game. This is mainly done to have 3 good servers in a row which might be crucial at a score of 22-22, for instance! We often see that it is hard for most of the middle-blockers to bombard from the service line.

The other main difference comes when the defenders prepare to cover the block and to counterattack (eventually). Then depending on the second-line OH, they may/may not arrange in a way for a possible "pipe" attack.

• Yes, I was whatching FIVB technical videos and I deduced exactly what you say.
    Yavor,I don't understand clearly what you try to explain.You want to say that depending on MB's serve power(and setter's serve too), the coach decide what will be the scheme(to have 3 good servers in row)?And where I can whatch Copra's games on the backside (the team) camera for better view on the rotation? Thanks for the answer.I didn't know that detail for the OH pipe attack.

• Well, basically, that was exactly what I meant. The only, or most important, reason to change the OH's and the MB's is actually the serve strength. Based on the serve the statisticians can predict how the opposing team's setter will react and where he is going to set the ball. If, for example, the best attacker in the other team is in front, then it would be a good idea to place three good servers (opposite, outside hitter, middle-blocker) to serve in a row in order to end up with destroying the reception. Of course, it depends on the players in these positions and their serve strength. Once Bulgarian NT did that 'trick' in a WL match, I think (it is explained better in the 4th edition in TOPVOLLEY magazine), to overcome Serbian reception. Konstantinov, Nikolov and EIvanov were placed one after another to have the three best servers in that team then serving 'in a row' ;) I hop you understand what I mean now!

As far as Piacezna is concerned, you really can't find any games with a suitable camera angle, but you can download the two games they played in this year's IECL Final Four. If you pay attention to their rotation in both games when Granvorka is the diagonal, you will probably see what I am talking about!

Let's hope now that you will no longer have secrets regrading the 5-1 rotation and you will be able to demonstrate proficiency in Sofia this semester ;)

• I want to admit that sometimes Polish NT receving with Wlażły it depends of course who ius serving in opposite team. Sometimes Poles stay three in reception but if something is going wrong diagonal receives too.

• Let's hope now that you will no longer have secrets regrading the 5-1 rotation and you will be able to demonstrate proficiency in Sofia this semester ;)

Haha,thank you for the wish.It will be my first semester,so to make good impression is very important for me :)
    I understand all you said and I will continue with other offtopic questions.I noticed that almost of the big teams have a 3 power servers and 3 float servers with some differences,depending on the team ,of course Is it sth as a tendention,fixed by a statisticians or I am mistaken. And what should you have graduated if you want to be a statistician.It seems very interesting :)

• I wouldn't say it's a tendency. Maybe just a coincidence! One of my favourite teams Lokomotiv Belgorod has only power servers, for example! If mistakes become too frequent, a change from a standing serve to a float one is possible. But, generally, I would expect a float serve from a setter or a middle-blocker. They perform it more often than any other players.

And what should you have graduated if you want to be a statistician

I haven't heard of any Volleyball Stats University :D I don't know, actually. I know that the first statisticians were all Italians due to the fact that "Data Volley" (the program they use for volleyball statistics) was widely used in the Italian league much before being introduced to other leagues. However, I don't know how one can become a statistician and who can teach others. Fabio Storti (the statistician of the Bulgarian NT) said in an interview that when he quit playing volleyball and planned to be a coach in Modena, he was offered to become the statistician of the club as they desperately needed one. But I have no idea where he could have learned all the stuff!