You are not logged in.

• "serdar" is male

Favourite Team: Cuban NT, Turkish NT, VAKIFBANK

Favourite Players: A. Orro/O. Malinov/H. Miyashita/P. Barakova/F. Yang/X. Gong/T. Boskoviç/M. Vargas/P. Egonu/I. Haak/Z. Ting/C. Zhang/Gabi/B. Busa/M. Sylla/C. Bosetti/I. Voronkova/K. Ilchenko/D. Santana/J. Geerties/L. Izquierdo/S. Matienzo/J. Rivero/C. Plak/M. Mlejnkova/A. Leyva/L. Scuka/C. van Gestel/C. Chirichella/I. Fetisova/K. Akman/M. Todorova/M. Popoviç/A. Danesi/S. Bonifacio/Y. Xinyue/D. Bağcı/Z. Todorova

Saturday, June 17th 2017, 1:46pm

There is no other federation who tries to screw his own sport more than FIVB :wall: Jump servers already fading away due to new ball, now they are trying to wipe it out :aww:

Matthias

Setter & Coach

• "Matthias" is male

Friday, June 30th 2017, 4:18pm

Guidetti gave a short statement to German press about the things that will be tested. He says that the coaching commission to which he also belongs made some propositions to FIVB, but what will be tested now has nothing to do with those. The coaches don't need rule changes, but FIVB wants the game to be shorter and have less mistakes to be more interesting for TV. He thinks that the serve and backrow attack changes would kill the game.

• "le coq gaulois" is male

Favourite Team: Béziers Angels

Favourite Players: Ludmila Da Silva, Osmokrovic,Svetlana Dukule, Aleesha Deesing,Nootsara Tomkom, Fe Garay

Friday, June 30th 2017, 4:27pm

as always , he's smart ...and fivb smartless !
Les pieds dans le fumier, mais toujours le verbe haut et la tête droite ! Cocorico !

• "Meatballs" is male

Favourite Team: Galatasaray, Turkish NT Women

Favourite Players: Gamze Alikaya, Kim Yeon-koung, Milena Rasic, Isabelle Haak, Saori Kimura

Sunday, July 23rd 2017, 12:41pm

This is not a suggestion about the game rules but about statistics, particularly for "Best setters statistics. It looks quite unfair when they use a formula based on only running sets, still sets and number of setting errors. Number of running sets highly depend on how your team receives. I think there will be a very fair number and order if they simply add Excellent receives as percentage to the formula.

In an example, imagine that setter A got 10 points and settter B got 5 points today, however Team A has %60 excellent receives and Team B has only %10 excellent receives. With these percentages added, setter A will very likely have a lower point than setter B.

Favourite Team: M: USA, Serbia, Italy,Russia, Perugia, PGE Skra, Taubate W: Brazil, Japan, Serbia, wherever club Queen Sheilla is at...

Favourite Players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio,Micah Christenson, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Haruka Miyashita, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

Sunday, July 23rd 2017, 1:49pm

If there's a rule I want to change...I really wish the libero can legally attack from the backrow without the net height limit. Just seems so absurd. I think as long as it's not a downward spike... Everything should be totally fine for everyone. :white:

brahmin

Master

• "brahmin" is male

Favourite Team: USA Men NT, USA Women NT, Japan Women NT

Sunday, July 23rd 2017, 9:19pm

This is not a suggestion about the game rules but about statistics, particularly for "Best setters statistics. It looks quite unfair when they use a formula based on only running sets, still sets and number of setting errors. Number of running sets highly depend on how your team receives. I think there will be a very fair number and order if they simply add Excellent receives as percentage to the formula.

In an example, imagine that setter A got 10 points and settter B got 5 points today, however Team A has %60 excellent receives and Team B has only %10 excellent receives. With these percentages added, setter A will very likely have a lower point than setter B.

I have created a net assists calculation.

First part (Kills - hitting errors)
Second part Mulitply by (player sets played/team sets played, if a sub use 0.5 versus a starter of 1.0)
Third part Multiply by (running + standing sets)/set attempts (minus setting errors)
Lastly divide by player sets played

This will give an estimated value of the total spike kills that the setter contributed in total and then to their team per set. If the setter plays more, they have a greater affect.
You can have a negative value, so the setter made some bad decisions.

brahmin

Master

• "brahmin" is male

Favourite Team: USA Men NT, USA Women NT, Japan Women NT

Sunday, July 23rd 2017, 9:21pm

If there's a rule I want to change...I really wish the libero can legally attack from the backrow without the net height limit. Just seems so absurd. I think as long as it's not a downward spike... Everything should be totally fine for everyone. :white:

I would love to see the liberos given points for their digs landing on the other side of the net. They used to do it, but not any more.

Social bookmarks