The Rules - your opinion, suggestion

• Write in google- Strefa Siatkówki Zmiany w rozgrywkach europejskich pucharów, by phone I can't give link.

• This is nonsense for me. With 6 teams per group, there will be 10 matches in preliminary for every team, and if they play only every 2nd week, preliminary will last 5 months!!!

• The clock playing time is a joke.

It was tried in the AVP for the Beach tour previously and everyone hated it. Points are so short in the men's game is it even an issue?

In the women's game points last longer, so will you have a lower set score to win? Also do you have to win by two points to win the set or just by one?

• Activists CEV is not idle . In recent days , the congress in Luxembourg introduced a new rule that allows teams to change the nominal libero present in the meeting at least one hour before the game.

During the meeting, the Board of the Faculty of Administration of the European Volleyball Federation passed a resolution that the nominal libero may be designated by the instructor at a later stage than before - an hour before the official start of the match. This resolution shall have immediate effect, and its application is at all levels of competition under the flag of the CEV -u .

Made by the rulers of the change is so important that it provides coaches more freedom in the selection of players. Disposition libero can be verified even when training immediately prior to playing the game , even if it takes place shortly before the game. Has not changed but the principle that an official notification on the composition of the tournament immediately replace both of the names of potential libero . Did not change the fact that a player who nominally occurs at that position may be declared as accepting and even appears on the serve or stay will be on the field at the same time as the " competitor " in the race to the starting composition, thus strengthening party or defense .

Turning to the substance of the resolution adopted by the CEV - change must be communicated by the team manager or coach first chief judge or the supervisor who is obliged to immediately notify the television transmitting meeting , official statistics and reported to the email protocol . Then verified email protocol should be signed by the captain and the coach on arrival at the hall . However, if there is no change in the position of libero , then it is considered as the nominal this player that has been declared as the first and is automatically marked as such in the electronic on the scoresheet .

It appears that this decision was taken rightly giving teams more leeway if it turns out , however, often used in practice , we shall still take some time .

• The same article in an understandable English: http://www.cev.lu/News.aspx?NewsID=16832&ID=1

• Looking already forward to the next season, the CEV President added:

“Actions will get started already on June 27 with the Drawing of Lots that once again will be combined with the annual European Volleyball Gala we co-host together with the Austrian Volleyball Federation in Vienna. The Board of Administration has also worked on some changes in the competition format. We hope to extend the men’s competition to 32 teams already in 2015 as we know that many more teams are eager to join the CEV DenizBank Volleyball Champions League. At the same time we will keep our focus on quality making sure that the competition lives up to the high expectations of our title sponsor, partners, fans and media alike.”

http://www.cev.lu/News.aspx?NewsID=16878&ID=1

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• i dont know if anybody here has mentioned it but wouldnt it be better if the space of the court had been expanded so that players can dig/defend better

How much would you expand it? Right now 9 m x 9 m is about right. If you make the court wider to 11 m, everything will be single blocking. 10 meters would be fine, it still gives the ability of a double block on the outsides.

As for the depth, the men's game has the challenge of guys hitting over the block inside the front half (4-6 m) of the court or hitting line drives near the end line. The women's game has a different angle of attack (lower angles), so ball are usually in the 5-8 m range for digging.

10 m deep for the both games would be fine. 11 m for the women's game would be chip shots all night long. Saori Kimura would dominate with her great off-speed shots.

• I think Canter refers to the space around the court, not the 9x9m itself. Changing the playing court size would change the whole game so I am against it, and changing the space around the court depends on the circumstances in various halls. Basically it would be OK, especially beside the court because there often are ballz that could be saved if there was more space, but on the other hand the audience would have to sit further away from the court...

• I think Canter refers to the space around the court, not the 9x9m itself. Changing the playing court size would change the whole game so I am against it, and changing the space around the court depends on the circumstances in various halls. Basically it would be OK, especially beside the court because there often are ballz that could be saved if there was more space, but on the other hand the audience would have to sit further away from the court...

definitely i meant that. i misexpressed it.. i meant the space around the court.....it is especially not enough for male volley,we can see that in matches....

• For next season's CL, CEV changed the criteria for the ranking of the pools:

The criteria used to determine the position of each team in a pool have also changed following a decision of the CEV Board of Administration. As from the 2014/2015 season, the standing will be determined as follows:

- Matches won
    - Ranking Points (3-0 or 3-1: 3 points, 3-2: 2 points, 2:3: 1 point, 0-3 or 1-3: 0 point)
    - Set Quotient
    - Match Point Quotient
    - If the tie continues, as per their match point quotient, the teams will be placed according to the result(s) of the match(es) between the teams concerned.

Interesting change and I like it, it means it's impossible that a team that won all matches might not be 1st in the pool and a team that lost all matches might not be last.

• I like it too :thumbup: we'll avoid calculations, team which will win the most will be the best in pool, not this which will get many points.

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• I like it too :thumbup: we'll avoid calculations, team which will win the most will be the best in pool, not this which will get many points.

Then they should also return the old win-loss system - 2 points for a win, 1 for a defeat. Then it would be totally reasonable. I approve the idea, but not quite this version. It would be funny if a team with a 5-1 record collects 13 points, whereas a team with a 4-2 record collects 14. The latter has to finish second based on the new rule.

• Why would that be funny? For me, the main thing is winning matches, so the team that wins more matches should be ranked better. If they introduce the old system it would mean set ratio would be the 2nd criterion again and that would be worse than the points rule. Sometimes a team can lose a set because of 5 unconcentrated minutes but still overall dominate the match and win "only" 3:1 while 3:2 usually means that the match was between two nearly equally strong teams. However the counterargument would be that a 3:1 can also be very hard-fought...

Eventually there is no "perfect" system, everything has pros and cons, but I think taking the number of victories first and then the points is a good choice.