The Rules - your opinion, suggestion

• Why would that be funny? For me, the main thing is winning matches, so the team that wins more matches should be ranked better. If they introduce the old system it would mean set ratio would be the 2nd criterion again and that would be worse than the points rule. Sometimes a team can lose a set because of 5 unconcentrated minutes but still overall dominate the match and win "only" 3:1 while 3:2 usually means that the match was between two nearly equally strong teams. However the counterargument would be that a 3:1 can also be very hard-fought...

Eventually there is no "perfect" system, everything has pros and cons, but I think taking the number of victories first and then the points is a good choice.

What would be drawback of system which every taken sets count as 1 point?

• What would be drawback of system which every taken sets count as 1 point?

Well, NORCECA uses interesting system:

3-0 5 points
    3-1 4 points
    3-2 3 points
    2-3 2 points
    1-3 1 point
    0-3 0 points

Standings are also determinated firstly by wins, so we had situation in last Women's Pan-American Cup when Mexico had 1 point less than Peru, but was higher because of more victories ^^

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• This is exactly what I consider funny :D Either give victories the same priority, regardless whether it was a hard-fought one or not, or bear with the situation that a team with more tie-break defeats might end up a position higher. I agree with Matthias that there's no perfect system. And the idea behind that change is actually a good one even if I still think it is a bit strange.

• A Brazilian sporting goods company developed a new system coined Penalty D Tech for in/out calls. It's an attempt to take the easy way out of it.

A software linked to a screen capture tool provide to the main referee, who is using a screen device, the information whether was in or out. In consequence of this, it's possible to smooth away two problems we've seen in the challenge system: 1) the human factor (I think we've already had enough of seeing the second referee watching the replay and still keeping the wrong call); 2) the unbearable time it takes until the referees arrive at the final decision (the system will hurry up with the calls by making it in the blink of an eye).

It takes about 1 hour to get the equipment installed.

Penalty has invested $5 million in the technology. Let's see if they can follow through with the promises they made.

The technology will be tested tomorrow during a Campeonato Paulista match.

• After Rio FIVB, to make for Women more female sport, will add new rule- Women will play on court only in such shoes.

• I missed out this news but it indeed looks intriguing. How long has this technique been developed, and is there an official page introducing it? Thanks.

• Every net touch will be a violation again, regardless of whether it interferes with play. Also, reduced time-outs will be applied. Which means that for certain events (they don't say which ones and when, though) coaches won't have 2 time-outs each.

• Every net touch will be a violation again, regardless of whether it interferes with play. Also, reduced time-outs will be applied. Which means that for certain events (they don't say which ones and when, though) coaches won't have 2 time-outs each.

Actually the press release says that it is possible to reduce the number of time-outs, both technical and tactical, if there are requests by host/media/..., I think this refers to what has already happened in some events this year with only one technical time-out after 12 points.

• that net touch is so silly rule, once they changed it, they should not return that in few years :wall: X(

• I actually like the net rule very much.. It really doesn't matter if you touch the net and it doesn't interfere with the play.. This way matches are more interesting and there are more rallies.. If they go back to that rule there will be much more errors and will take the beauty of the game away..

• and just the silly touch nets like with the shirt :wall:
    whats the reason why they change it back? the referees also will be upset, so many arguments again

• I just meant the old net rule is silly, not this one which is actually in game :)

• FIVB created new 4 Rankings- U18 W, U19 M, U20 W and U21 M.

In U18 Women Egypt is on.. 8th place :rolll:

They would beat so easily Turkey which is on 17th lol

• If any changes are needed to be made is a very strict rule about going under the net and they need to start with Brazilian Gabi and Samara.. To me it looks like they don't even think about stepping so much into opponents court and can cause terrible injuries to the opponents and to them as well.. Just watch a match they play and you'll know what I am talking about.

• I found below video from last WCH on Mark Lebedews, coach of Berlin Recycling Volleys, blog:

https://markleb1.wordpress.com/2015/04/22/spot-the-mistake/

i find this really funny and felt like sharing this with you.
    Can you spot the mistake (and how iranian team managed to get away with this)? :lol:

• hahahahahaha what a great footage! I haven't seen this situation :D Yes, the Iranian setter was actually supposed to be back row at position 6 and the opposite at poisition 3. They were initially positioned correctly, then Marouf should've never spiked that ball, he is not allowed because he is in back row! How did they ever allow that to happen? I guess the refs and the officials on the table were sleeping. The they fixed it by making a double substitution and the new players entered on the correct positions, so that Iran could avoid a well-deserved penalty and a loss of points.

• The they fixed it by making a double substitution and the new players entered on the correct positions, so that Iran could avoid a well-deserved penalty and a loss of points.

Well spotted :thumbup:
    But before making the double sub, they even play some balls in the wrong rotation (marouf on pos2, opposite on pos5). The way the teammates and the bench reacted to this, is imho quite amazing. What a teamwork 8)
    After the initial fault, the look on some of the italian players faces is funny as well. "Wtf, something is wrong, but what is it"? :whistling: :lol: