The World Rankings

• sean1 their hype especially Nishida largely comes more from the anime community rather than from the volleyball community. Anime has an even wider reach than volleyball itself especially within Asia. It doesn't have anything to do with representation at all just otaku behaviour. The perfect example of representation hype is Iran. Marouf even confirms this in one of his interviews

I remember when Kimura was around nobody really cared about Ishikawa or Yanagida it was always about Saori and her spiker squad.

• sean1 their hype especially Nishida largely comes more from the anime community rather than from the volleyball community. Anime has an even wider reach than volleyball itself especially within Asia. It doesn't have anything to do with representation at all just otaku behaviour. The perfect example of representation hype is Iran. Marouf even confirms this in one of his interviews

I remember when Kimura was around nobody really cared about Ishikawa or Yanagida it was always about Saori and her spiker squad.

In fairness, i missed Saori Kimura, she was their true star. The men's team got hype when their women's division lacked a star power and talent like her. On the men's, I only consider Ishikawa as one of their better ones.

• Nishida is the truth for the Japanese team. Going to Italy to ply his trade. Japanese men's players are going abroad to get better.

Sadly the women who did this, did not get chosen under Nakada.

• points are taken the next year so maybe we see that 50 points removed for russia in 2023

It happened with kazakhstan they were 24 in the world and not play any tournament in 2021 but arrived to enter to the WC but the beggining of this year they dropped a lot in the ranking

• Hello

I have a doubt

Rankings as i know take i to account games and tournaments from last 2 or 3 years then the points from previous years are erased

So my question is how much can russia keep their points?

Next year games from 2020 gonna be erased?

• there's no erasing anymore. before it was every quad

• If I remember correctly, Russia was number 1 at the rankings for a brief period of time after they won world championships in 2006.