You are not logged in.

world volleyball coaches show 2018 header

Dear visitor, welcome to Inside VolleyCountry. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Meatballs" is male
  • "Meatballs" started this thread

Favourite Team: Galatasaray, Turkish NT Women

Favourite Players: Kim Yeon-koung, Milena Rasic, Isabelle Haak

Tuesday, February 3rd 2015, 2:48pm

Libero Trick! Need help :)

Hello everyone,

I have a difficult question. We will join a mix tournament where at least 2 players should be from each gender. We thought of having 1 female spiker and 1 female libero. The problem is the rotations that MBs come to serve, that libero has to go out of the field which breaks the rule. I saw libero can serve for one player but then the other MB comes and same problem again. Do you have any suggestions? I guess some professional teams made such tricks due to foreign player limitations.

Feels like a though math problem, so :sos:

Kaziyski

Bulgarian NT hater declared by dido1302

• "Kaziyski" is male

Tuesday, February 3rd 2015, 2:55pm

In one rotation libero is replacing OPP instead MB while MB is playing as OPP. Salonit Anhovo was doing that with Dos Santos on Cup finals last year
Shiva :heart:

Nirk

Intermediate

• "Nirk" is male

Favourite Team: USC Münster

Favourite Players: Irina Kemmsies, Ashley Benson, Tess von Piekartz, Linda Dörendahl, Ines Bathen, Hanna Orthmann, Sina Fuchs

Tuesday, February 3rd 2015, 3:02pm

Hello everyone,

I have a difficult question. We will join a mix tournament where at least 2 players should be from each gender. We thought of having 1 female spiker and 1 female libero. The problem is the rotations that MBs come to serve, that libero has to go out of the field which breaks the rule. I saw libero can serve for one player but then the other MB comes and same problem again. Do you have any suggestions? I guess some professional teams made such tricks due to foreign player limitations.

Impossible

TimHH

Master

• "TimHH" is male

Favourite Players: LLoy Ball, Pavel Zagumny, Nikola Grbic, Robertlandy Simon, Dmitry Muserskiy. Murillo Endres, Nikolay Pavlov, Luciano De Cecco

Tuesday, February 3rd 2015, 3:32pm

Hello everyone,

On the mix/fun-tournaments i usually play, teams who try to keep the girls out of play as much as possible are usually not the best liked ones :teach:
Just sayin...... 8)
never mess with your setter......

• "Meatballs" is male

Tuesday, February 3rd 2015, 3:46pm

In one rotation libero is replacing OPP instead MB while MB is playing as OPP. Salonit Anhovo was doing that with Dos Santos on Cup finals last year
Dont think this will work. Because when libero is on position 5, after we win the rally, she has to replace the next person in the backrow directly while our 2nd MB is serving. I don't think rules allow such a direct replacement. Right?

• "Meatballs" is male

Tuesday, February 3rd 2015, 3:49pm

Hello everyone,

On the mix/fun-tournaments i usually play, teams who try to keep the girls out of play as much as possible are usually not the best liked ones :teach:
Just sayin...... 8)

Haha I know but it is really difficult to find the girls that can spike in mid-net-height. And honestly I dont think we will be the best team there at all :cheesy:

slytherinz

Intermediate

• "slytherinz" is male

Favourite Players: Logan Tom, Barcellini, Mikhaylov, Sung Min Moon, Bethania dela Cruz

Friday, February 27th 2015, 3:09am

one girl setter one girl utility,and you turn spiker instead

YavorD

Setter

• "YavorD" is male

Favourite Team: Bulgarian NT, Neftochimik Burgas, Belogorie Belgorod, Sisley Treviso

Friday, February 27th 2015, 9:42am

Dont think this will work. Because when libero is on position 5, after we win the rally, she has to replace the next person in the backrow directly while our 2nd MB is serving. I don't think rules allow such a direct replacement. Right?

Well, I guess they don't follow the rules absolutely strictly in the tournaments where they allow mixed teams ;) If you really have specialized players who do not enjoy changing positions, then this might be the only alternative. When the libero is on position 5 and you win the rally, she, in this case, will need to replace either the opposite for a point, or an outside hitter for another. I can't figure out another alternative either. To me, the best case scenario would be to have a female setter, but I guess you don't have one :)

Social bookmarks