Libero Trick! Need help :)

• Hello everyone,

I have a difficult question. We will join a mix tournament where at least 2 players should be from each gender. We thought of having 1 female spiker and 1 female libero. The problem is the rotations that MBs come to serve, that libero has to go out of the field which breaks the rule. I saw libero can serve for one player but then the other MB comes and same problem again. Do you have any suggestions? I guess some professional teams made such tricks due to foreign player limitations.

Feels like a though math problem, so :sos:

• Hello everyone,

I have a difficult question. We will join a mix tournament where at least 2 players should be from each gender. We thought of having 1 female spiker and 1 female libero. The problem is the rotations that MBs come to serve, that libero has to go out of the field which breaks the rule. I saw libero can serve for one player but then the other MB comes and same problem again. Do you have any suggestions? I guess some professional teams made such tricks due to foreign player limitations.

Impossible

• Hello everyone,

On the mix/fun-tournaments i usually play, teams who try to keep the girls out of play as much as possible are usually not the best liked ones :teach:
    Just sayin...... 8)

• In one rotation libero is replacing OPP instead MB while MB is playing as OPP. Salonit Anhovo was doing that with Dos Santos on Cup finals last year

Dont think this will work. Because when libero is on position 5, after we win the rally, she has to replace the next person in the backrow directly while our 2nd MB is serving. I don't think rules allow such a direct replacement. Right?

• On the mix/fun-tournaments i usually play, teams who try to keep the girls out of play as much as possible are usually not the best liked ones :teach:
    Just sayin...... 8)

Haha I know but it is really difficult to find the girls that can spike in mid-net-height. And honestly I dont think we will be the best team there at all :cheesy:

• Dont think this will work. Because when libero is on position 5, after we win the rally, she has to replace the next person in the backrow directly while our 2nd MB is serving. I don't think rules allow such a direct replacement. Right?

Well, I guess they don't follow the rules absolutely strictly in the tournaments where they allow mixed teams ;) If you really have specialized players who do not enjoy changing positions, then this might be the only alternative. When the libero is on position 5 and you win the rally, she, in this case, will need to replace either the opposite for a point, or an outside hitter for another. I can't figure out another alternative either. To me, the best case scenario would be to have a female setter, but I guess you don't have one :)