Is this even legal? (Whole body inside the opponent's floor but feet are lifted maybe?)

• http://www.worldofvolley.com/N…nce-with-rules-video.html

11.2.2 Penetration into the opponent's court, beyond the centre line:
    11.2.2.1 to touch the opponent's court with a foot (feet) is permitted, provided that some part of the penetrating foot (feet) remains either in contact with or directly above the centre line;
    11.2.2.2 to touch the opponent’s court with any part of the body above the feet is permitted provided that it does not interfere with the opponent’s play

So the feet are obviously beyond the centre line. So the ref might have got this one wrong.

And when I think of above the feet... I think of the legs to the head not the feet itself.

I am not an expert on this so help me clear the confusion. haha

It was a good play but I am just not sure if this is legal.

EDIT: Watching the slow mo replay. It looks like he touched the opponent's floor with his foot while sliding. The ref even gave Taubate a red card when their complaining is valid. :down:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

Edited 2 times, last by Rains_of_Castamere ().

• i have watched the video earlier and this is the only explanation I can think of, although I am not sure if "any part of the body above the feet" is considered as whole body.

• I would have said it's not legal for this exact reason (quoting part of the rule Tim shared):

no part of the foot/feet was on or over the centre line, therefore the situation should be considered as a fault.

Anyway, I really wonder how a whole body in the other court (even with the feet in your own court, so even legally) can NOT be consider "interference with the opponents play". Raphael had to move to avoid being smashed to the ground, basically!

• Looking at the video. I can't help but feel bad for Raphael. The red card was unnecessary given the situation at hand. Even Felipe was begging not to reverse the non-call because Sada probably knew that the ref was mistaken although if not for this chaos... they may have lost anyway. Maybe the mistake fired them up and Sada played badly after as a consequence. lol In the tiebreaker they won it without breaking a sweat. :win:

Oh and damn Dante looking like an angel sent from the heavens with that sarcastic smile to the ref. :heart:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney